Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing my ring slot chute powered by my A-10.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1372.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	123519

Comment

• It seems that my decals are all water slide. The build video shows some of the being peel and stick. What kind of decals did you all get?

I’m not complaining, I like the water slide.

Comment

• here's a 90, an 80 and a 70 side by side, the phantom is big, but it's not huge

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
          It seems that my decals are all water slide. The build video shows some of the being peel and stick. What kind of decals did you all get?

I’m not complaining, I like the water slide.
          That's great! I'm sure the markings will turn out even better. I sure wish they would paint them with gloss colors, instead of flat, and it would be perfect. (They didn't, did they?)

Comment

• By the way, UPS does NOT deliver on Saturdays in my area, I guess. Mine's been sitting in the warehouse 2 miles away since early last night. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

That's great! I'm sure the markings will turn out even better. I sure wish they would paint them with gloss colors, instead of flat, and it would be perfect. (They didn't, did they?)
              No, it's flat, but it's always a good idea to shoot a coat of clear over you decals anyway, I prefer satin over high gloss.

Comment

• I went to Home Depot and picked up some paint for the servos. It seems like a pretty good match to my color blind eyes. :)

One decal will cover most of the vertical stabilizer servo, I’’m pretty happy with this.

Comment

• After painting the skyhawk, i am a big fan of gloss.
                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Looks flat to me.

Comment

• Dave, could you post close up pics of the paint lids?

Thanks!
                      Pat

Comment

• Here ya go.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Looks flat to me.
                          That's unfortunate; you can't get *any* decals (waterslide or not, but especially waterslide) to adhere and lay properly on a non gloss surface. This is what causes "silvering" and edges that won't stay down. You can use all the decal setting solution you want (even the extinct Tenax, the good stuff), and they still won't look right.

So this means gloss coating, then decal application, then overcoating with flat, adding 24 hours to the assembly time (You really should wait 24 hours for the gloss coat to dry before doing waterslides). Which means finishing in time for the Wednesday meeting is almost out of the question...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	791765FB-39CA-49FB-B302-1494794E7BD0.jpeg
Views:	591
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	123594 Woo hoo!! It arrived!!

Comment

• Thats why training wing birds are easy...gloss finish
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	791765FB-39CA-49FB-B302-1494794E7BD0.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	132.4 KB ID:	123594 Woo hoo!! It arrived!!
                                Stalking the UPS guy!!!! LOL Woo Hoo!!! My bird is due here in Texas Monday.... Congrats!!!

Comment

That's unfortunate; you can't get *any* decals (waterslide or not, but especially waterslide) to adhere and lay properly on a non gloss surface. This is what causes "silvering" and edges that won't stay down. You can use all the decal setting solution you want (even the extinct Tenax, the good stuff), and they still won't look right.
                                  I did not have any of those issues with my A-10's waterslide decals.

Comment

• Well, my UPS tracking number shows that my Phantom was delivered to my front door at 4:00 today, but nothing was there when I got back from flying at 4:40. Getting very concerned now... :Sick2:

Comment

• My tracking showed Monday delivery, got home from flying this afternoon and there was a large box on my front porch:):) now if my batteries would show up it would be great.

Comment

• Mike, did you figure it out yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	791765FB-39CA-49FB-B302-1494794E7BD0.jpeg
Views:	591
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	123594 Woo hoo!! It arrived!!
                                          This is the “Pic of the Day”!

That scene makes any pilot smile from ear-to-ear. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X