• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2623D65E-4FE9-4BA0-A374-E75D970D6FD7.jpeg
Views:	807
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	271476​ ​​​​Chutes are $175 plus $5 shipping and $15 for overseas. $25 for plunger assembly.

Comment

• Masterful work!

Comment

• Really looking for black and yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by combatflyr View Post
          Really looking for black and yellow
          This is the black and gold I make.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	19CA19E7-0EEC-429A-A136-14E899ABA7C3.jpeg
Views:	707
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	275394

Comment

• What is the inflated diameter?
            Can you make larger ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbine guy View Post
              What is the inflated diameter?
              Can you make larger ones?
              The flat diameter is 17” for this certain scale model. The real F-4 chute has a flat diameter of16’. I make chutes according to scale up to 35” in flat diameter. Thanks.

192 divided by your scale = ?
              192 divided 7 = 27.43”

Comment

• I’d like to purchase a 24” one
                Please message me for payment info

Comment

• I have my chute mod done and ready to go as soon as I repaint the tail section to match. I have finally found a paint mixture to match the original and have sanded and painted twice. Color looks good but I am not happy with the finish around the fiberglass tail mod. The filler seems to stay porous and I can not get a smooth finish. I have tried Tamiya Basic Type Putty and Foam-Tac Foam Filler, sanded and followed with Foam Tac Foam Finish and Hobby Coat. I am using 1000 grit flexible sandpaper. When I sand, the filler does not sand smooth and hard but feels like maybe rubber and stays porous. Could someone please share what you use to fill and smooth gaps and rough areas before painting? Thanks!!

Comment

• paulsnapp Lightweight spackle that can be found in hardware stores, for spackling walls. It spreads well and sands well, and is light in weight. I know I've seen some you tube videos where a specific brand is recommended. RcGeek probably has a video tutorial. I believe the stuff I have used is made by dap products. There might even be an ultra lightweight. The key word on the label should say sandable.

Comment

• What they call performance spackle. It's thicker and dries harder than normal spackle.

Comment

• I have tried several things to try to get a smooth finish for the chute mod. I have tried green Tamiya putty, Beacon Foam-Finish and Beacon Hobby Coat, and this last round a very fine spackling compound. For each try I sanded with 2000 grit sandpaper before airbrushing on the paint. I have attached a couple of pics and you will see it is far from getting a smooth finish. Can you please share with me what your technique for doing this is? Thanks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I have finally finished my chute mod along with installing a beefier elevator servo, plywood elevator servo mounting, 4-40 pushrod with Carbon Fiber sleeve and a heavy duty ball link. Now I need to finish my Phantom!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                            Here is the red and white drag chute I’d been working on. Click image for larger version

Name:	B0783C01-20F3-438B-AF5A-1B536F0254C2.jpeg
Views:	2369
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	129841Click image for larger version

Name:	DFBEF975-042B-492C-9CE7-9AF520CDC12F.jpeg
Views:	2241
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	129840Click image for larger version

Name:	D1A25637-35E4-49A5-8436-BA29E8D8A971.jpeg
Views:	2259
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	129839Click image for larger version

Name:	3DDDEF77-BE7F-4F43-AFD1-04B6DBA9EA4A.jpeg
Views:	2240
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	129838Click image for larger version

Name:	4630AEC0-9CFA-4BFA-9EBE-EF0825D93747.jpeg
Views:	2243
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	129837Click image for larger version

Name:	A8A9F2AB-C5A6-4720-967B-7EA2018E268C.jpeg
Views:	2223
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	129836
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	35A974FE-1396-4686-876C-E3682251FCC1.jpeg
Views:	2337
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	129834Click image for larger version

Name:	DC54BD7A-44D3-450B-9B1D-4271CCDBB731.jpeg
Views:	2220
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	129835
                            How can I order it

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
                              I have finally finished my chute mod along with installing a beefier elevator servo, plywood elevator servo mounting, 4-40 pushrod with Carbon Fiber sleeve and a heavy duty ball link. Now I need to finish my Phantom!
                              A precautionary note: I lost an F-4 due to what was likely an RF noise induced glitch.

Search this forum on RF chokes or chokes. Read the info presented and consider adding them.

I have not had any radio issues on HIGH CURRENT EDF planes since I began using them.

Your decision….but you may be at risk if you don’t install them.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

A precautionary note: I lost an F-4 due to what was likely an RF noise induced glitch.

Search this forum on RF chokes or chokes. Read the info presented and consider adding them.

I have not had any radio issues on HIGH CURRENT EDF planes since I began using them.

Your decision….but you may be at risk if you don’t install them.

-GG
                                I put those on every plane i have after the first Viper 90 incident. That wasn't the problem and lack of skill was / is, but it can't hurt. A guy i know even put them on servo wires in the Mig29...

Comment

Working...
                                X