Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking fwd to your flight report there Goose !

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	131822Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	131823 A-6 Intruder built tonight with some help from my bro Justin K. Maiden flight this coming Sunday. Bajora, would love to have you there Sunday morning for her maiden, keeping you in the loop sir. GOOSE

Comment

ive had this second hand a6 for a couple years taking up space I am going to try to maiden it Saturday if the wind is right,,, really haven't lost anything if something goes wrong as the price was right and all that...put the 1820 inrunner fan it it and a 100 amp esc so at least ill get some good parts back lol

Comment

didn't good so well lol turned right and left the runway even with left rudder and airelon waiting on a new nose gear....

Comment

About to maiden mine this weekend, grabbed an extra set of tanks since they no longer carry the bomb option. So I've turned mine into a tanker! Gonna see if the extra belly tank will look ok on my 80mm A-10.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, Phantom! Draggy but pretty when all loaded up!
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                Looks good, Phantom! Draggy but pretty when all loaded up!
                I have some high obstacles to clear in final where I fly at so the more drag the better, atleast on the maiden. :Cool: I slapped everything I could on my 80mm A-10's maiden and she still carried too much speed, I had to do two go arounds on her maiden. Now I just fly her on the rails. Ya just have to learn how a plane lands first, at my field before you feel the speed. Because touchdown location is everything for a successful flight.

Comment

Awesome! KA6D... Nose number is wrong but that is minor. Add the refueler under the tail...

Comment

Wonder why they dropped the bomb ordnance package, I thought that they looked much better than the tanks. Sold my A-6 but kept the bomb package ! One guy here has the bombs on his F/W F-4 and they look equally as spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by killickb View Post
                      Wonder why they dropped the bomb ordnance package, I thought that they looked much better than the tanks. Sold my A-6 but kept the bomb package ! One guy here has the bombs on his F/W F-4 and they look equally as spectacular.
                      I agree those bombs on the F-4 look pretty sweet. What are you doing with your A-6 bombs? Did you throw them on another bird? Looking to sell them by chance...?:Cool:

Comment

Well the maiden went well, she took off easily cruised around at half throttle, there wasn't much difference in speed from half to full throttle with 5 tanks on, but I look forward to flying it next time with just bare rails. One thing I noticed, even with the tanks on, she floated in ground effect forever! Got to find the throttle setting, to still land with power, but not drop or float forever. Oh well practice, practice practice.

Comment

Have my A-6E all ready to Maiden. One thing I noticed during setup, is the dual servo full flying Stab is quite jerky thru movement. Transition thru the movement range is not smooth. anyone else have this going on ?

My concern, founded or not, is it might make minor elevator trim on landings challenging and inconsistent. Thoughts or Experience anyone would like to share?

Comment

What receiver and do you have a gyro in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
                              Have my A-6E all ready to Maiden. One thing I noticed during setup, is the dual servo full flying Stab is quite jerky thru movement. Transition thru the movement range is not smooth. anyone else have this going on ?

My concern, founded or not, is it might make minor elevator trim on landings challenging and inconsistent. Thoughts or Experience anyone would like to share?
                              I bought mine last year and the elevator servos would work okay once then go into some serious fluttering, anyway I flew it once and my buddy wanted it, so I gave him a buddy deal and he did change those cheap elevator servos, it was the problem, no more fluttering, I wouldn't fly with them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                What receiver and do you have a gyro in it?
                                No gyro. Spektrum Receiver

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I bought mine last year and the elevator servos would work okay once then go into some serious fluttering, anyway I flew it once and my buddy wanted it, so I gave him a buddy deal and he did change those cheap elevator servos, it was the problem, no more fluttering, I wouldn't fly with them myself.
                                  That is what my gut is telling me to do as well. To much control surface to be inconsistent and jumpy like that.

Comment

wow. what a difference two improved servos make on that full flying elevator. Smooooooooth transition thru the range of movement. Maiden on for this weekend!!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
                                      wow. what a difference two improved servos make on that full flying elevator. Smooooooooth transition thru the range of movement. Maiden on for this weekend!!!.
                                      I’m putting together an A-6 and had the same issue with the elevator. Really rough through the range of movement. While I was trimming the mount I noticed the servos were misaligned with the elevator control horn. When I aligned the mount more precisely most of the roughness disappeared even with the stock servos. I still replaced them anyway, and it’s very smooth now.

Comment

Put the first four flight on the Intruder today and I’m very pleased so far. All four flights I had the wing tanks and the c/l tank on. I used 6s 4000mah Gens Ace battery’s for all four flights. The first flight was set up per the manual and I used the rear most CG point specified in the manual. By the fourth flight I moved the battery back a full inch and I think I can move it back more.

The only changes I made to the A-6 were to replace the elevator servos. I also installed a AR636 AS3X receiver the I set up with the following flight modes, 1. Gyro Off, 2. 35% gain and 150% priority on ail/ele/rudder. 3. 55% gain and 150% priority on ail/ele/rudder.

First flight I took off and trimmed the airplane in flight mode one. Not much trimmed required, but it did feel nose heavy. Tested flight mode 2 and the Intruder felt great with zero oscillation. Landed in flight mode 2 with no issue.

Second flight i moved the battery battery back an 1/2”, and tested flight mode 2. Again felt great, with no adverse impact. Did some high speed passes, loops and rolls. Still felt nose heavy.

3rd and 4th flight I moved the battery back another 1/2” and stayed in flight mode 3 for the entire flight. Explored the low speed handling characteristics of the A-6. The Intruder flew around at very slow speeds without a single hint of doing something bad. Zero tendency to tip stall. However, still feels nose heavy with the battery being moved back a full inch.

Tomorrow I’ll put some additional flights and continue to play with the CG. I’ll also refine the priority settings in the AS3X. Flaps have felt great in every flight, but I need to add a little elevator compensation. I’ll also fly it without the tanks.

I have more than a few of these EDF’s, and the Intruder flies very well and more than holds its own. I have yet to find a bad tendency, and it slows down and lands like a trainer. The A-6 looks great in the air, and sounds nice as well. It looks great with the tanks on. Looking forward to more flights tomorrow.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

I put four more flights on the A-6 yesterday all were successful. I moved the battery back another 1/2, so it's now an 1 1/2" from where I started so the C/G in the manual must not be accurate. Very pleased with the performance from the A-6, it has good power and handles very well. Did a lot of very slow flight again yesterday and the A-6 behaved very well, no sign of any bad habits. It continues to be very easy to land. Both my wife and son flew the A-6 yesterday, and they both enjoyed it as well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X