Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An upscale version in a twin 70-80mm/1500mm span would be a knockout and a must own for me since I was attached with Intruders during the early 70's.
    Here's the present version with my squadron tail

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150609_016.jpg
Views:	1146
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	213025
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
      An upscale version in a twin 70-80mm/1500mm span would be a knockout and a must own for me since I was attached with Intruders during the early 70's.

A larger twin would be something, no doubt. Yours is looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post

I’m putting together an A-6 and had the same issue with the elevator. Really rough through the range of movement. While I was trimming the mount I noticed the servos were misaligned with the elevator control horn. When I aligned the mount more precisely most of the roughness disappeared even with the stock servos. I still replaced them anyway, and it’s very smooth now.
        What servos did you use to replace the factory ones in the elevator? I just ordered the new high performance version. Crashed my other one friday, had an elevator servo come loose from the control horn and jam the flight control.

Comment

Hello everybody! just purchased the high performance pnp A-6 (Im sure MRC will bring more), has anybody used the admiral 5100 lipo carbon in this model? Does anybody else offer the ordinance that MRC stopped producing? Thank you for your help!

Comment

I believe Freewing stopped making the ordinance for the A6, so you won't be able to find it from another reseller unless they have super old inventory. Perhaps some of the weapons sets from other Freewing models will fit. Let's see if MRC product management can shed some light.

Comment

Tom has said that the molds where an older style so they stopped using them but if enough ask for them he would ask FW to make a run.

Comment

Ive also asked MRC about the bomb kit. RC Geek has bombs but they are the wrong scale. I asked him if he could make them smaller he said he would have to redraw them and he would look into it. Maybe if enough people ask him about it he would be more interested to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by roxndirt64 View Post
                  Ive also asked MRC about the bomb kit. RC Geek has bombs but they are the wrong scale. I asked him if he could make them smaller he said he would have to redraw them and he would look into it. Maybe if enough people ask him about it he would be more interested to do it.
                  I’ve looked at the bomb rack he has for the A-4 Skyhawk, .....150 USD....looks very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by BushPilot View Post
                    Hello everybody!
                    BP, A Hearty Hello to you, Sir, and Welcome to the Squawk, another great home of Can Do, Will Do, Well Done. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

What servos did you use to replace the factory ones in the elevator? I just ordered the new high performance version. Crashed my other one friday, had an elevator servo come loose from the control horn and jam the flight control.
                      I used MKS 92A's. Dramatic improvement and really smooth full flying stab transitions.

Comment

Charlie, that's stunning! Ya know it looks awfully familiar.

W

Comment

Damn Charlie, ya couldn't say hi. I think I red ya got your new garage finished. Must be good to have your space back. Then comes the rebuilding. I hope your doing well mate.

As for me, I'm a few weeks from getting reinstated in the NAVY, LOL. 62 and they want me to come back, Seriously I'm having a hard time believing it. I'm getting a pretty significant raise, beautiful new office. Getting a new car to boot. Navy cars kind of suck, can only drive it on official NAVY business. Can't tell ya what I do, LOL, if i did I'd have to kill you. Just have to pass the physical, but that's just a formality for me.

Best Regards
                          Woody

Comment

Alpha has not been able to log into Hobby Squawk for some time so he asked me to pass this message along:

We have confirmed, based on recent customer requests, that Freewing will make this product available again to us. We'll be including it on a future order and it will take time to produce, ship, and arrive, but we will endeavor to make it available for purchase online again before the end of the year depending on production and shipping lead times.

In the meantime, please enter your email address into the notification field on the product page to receive an automatic email as soon as the product is restocked and ready to ship.

We'd also encourage interested customers to visit our 3DP threads, search 'Freewing' on Thingiverse.com, or contact some of the talented 3DP designers here on Hobby Squawk to locate suitable 3D Printed ordnance.
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                              Damn Charlie, ya couldn't say hi. I think I red ya got your new garage finished. Must be good to have your space back. Then comes the rebuilding. I hope your doing well mate.

As for me, I'm a few weeks from getting reinstated in the NAVY, LOL. 62 and they want me to come back, Seriously I'm having a hard time believing it. I'm getting a pretty significant raise, beautiful new office. Getting a new car to boot. Navy cars kind of suck, can only drive it on official NAVY business. Can't tell ya what I do, LOL, if i did I'd have to kill you. Just have to pass the physical, but that's just a formality for me.

Best Regards
                              Woody
                              Woody...............HI
                              Garage got the overhead doors on last week............just got to put exterior lighting on and finish setting up the inside work area
                              Back into it at 60ish, better be one of those secretive airdale slots shipmate
                              My B-day was yesterday...............mid sixties now and still waking up on the top side of the dirt.
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I have thought about the A6 for a while, even more so with the power upgrade, but Not without the ordinance. Seeing as that was what the A6 was all about.
                                So hopefully they will make another run.
                                One thing, I can't find anywhere to put in for an email notification. ?

Comment

Woody...............HI
                                  Garage got the overhead doors on last week............just got to put exterior lighting on and finish setting up the inside work area
                                  Back into it at 60ish, better be one of those secretive airdale slots shipmate
                                  My B-day was yesterday...............mid sixties now and still waking up on the top side of the dirt.
                                  Happy Belated Birth Day Charlie.

Best Regards
                                  Woody

Comment

Gents,
                                    So I finished assembling the A-6 today, I will refinish the bird later but wanted to set it up and maybe even maiden it before the cold weather comes in (it is already here), I bought a Futaba R3008SB T-FHSS to use with this bird and use the telemetry capability to look at battery voltage, but I get a fast beeping sound and no servo works after I link transmitter and receiver, I have a Futaba T16SZA, I hooked everything to a Futaba R617FS and everyhing works great. If it worked on one it should work on the other......Please let me know if you have experienced something similar....Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BushPilot View Post
                                      Gents,
                                      So I finished assembling the A-6 today, I will refinish the bird later but wanted to set it up and maybe even maiden it before the cold weather comes in (it is already here), I bought a Futaba R3008SB T-FHSS to use with this bird and use the telemetry capability to look at battery voltage, but I get a fast beeping sound and no servo works after I link transmitter and receiver, I have a Futaba T16SZA, I hooked everything to a Futaba R617FS and everyhing works great. If it worked on one it should work on the other......Please let me know if you have experienced something similar....Thank you.
                                      I do put the transmitter on T-FHSS mode......just confirming...jejejeje

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I replaced them with DS12 SUB-MICRO SERVO from Flex Innovation, digital servos and cost about $16. They are basically close to drop in replacements, very smooth, metal gear, and I haven't had a single issue with them. They also make a slightly larger DS15 as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                          Alpha has not been able to log into Hobby Squawk for some time so he asked me to pass this message along:

We have confirmed, based on recent customer requests, that Freewing will make this product available again to us. We'll be including it on a future order and it will take time to produce, ship, and arrive, but we will endeavor to make it available for purchase online again before the end of the year depending on production and shipping lead times.

In the meantime, please enter your email address into the notification field on the product page to receive an automatic email as soon as the product is restocked and ready to ship.

We'd also encourage interested customers to visit our 3DP threads, search 'Freewing' on Thingiverse.com, or contact some of the talented 3DP designers here on Hobby Squawk to locate suitable 3D Printed ordnance.
                                          any news from Alpha on when this will be added to the MotionRC site so we can obtain email updates?

Comment

Working...
                                          X