Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put the 9 blade in mine a week or so ago it seems to have great take off power off grass. Today we flew the A6 with the metal gear servos. My test pilot really liked the way it flew with only 3 clicks of up. Says its ready to go. Was kind of hopeing it would still suck so i could buy a new one.

Comment

• ….

Comment

• I have right and left horizontal stabs and the vertical stab available. I will ship them both to anyone in the US who needs them for $25. Thank you.

Comment

• Well here we are almost 7 yrs since the first post on this bird. And I just ordered mine today.
          should arrive in mid next week.
          After reading 7 yrs worth of threads I will check and see what changes have been made since V1 and report back.
          I will be flying with the new Spektrum iX14 which was shipped out today too.
          I think I will have a look at any improvements before deciding on the use of rx.
          Such a glorious bird with a tremendous history.
          Obviously still very popular .
          Cheers all
          Bob

Comment

• Nine years… I had one of the first and wasn’t that happy with it. Got a second and it flies much better. I see some changes but there must be others, in the wings that make it that way. The new higher power also helps a lot.

Comment

• Hi Evan, this is what is listed as new.
              • NEW! 9 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful brushless 3658-1920Kv inrunner motor
              • 100 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
              • Hybrid metal gear servos throughout
              • Super scale details include two hand painted pilots, full instrument panel, refueling probe, scale drop tanks, airfoil panel lines, and complete USS Forrestal graphics package
              • Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
              • Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
              • Full function drop down flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
              • Full function linked horizontal stabilizer/elevator gives incredible climb and descent capability and true to life scale detail
              • Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
              • Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
              • Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.
              ​It looks like they have addressed a number of issues
              that were noted in previous posts here.
              ​​here.servos, landing gear and linkages etc.
              I should know by next Wenesday lol.
              Cheers
              Bob

Comment

• They are not saying all that is new… the new applies to the power system. The old outrunner was weak. Note it still lists that outrunner at the bottom. The “new” happened like a year and a half or two years ago. And a while before that, maybe five years they changed the fuselage.

Comment

• So the metal servos and metal struts have been around for a bit then ?

Comment

• Since it was first released...

I'm 99% sure that all 80mm and up EDFs that FW has has metal struts. None have plastic, I don't think any have ever had wire. Some 70 have wire or optional metal struts, I think there are some smaller that have plastic over wire struts. And some of the FW EDFs do have plastic geared servos. Very early on a few of them had plastic trunions in the retracts.

Comment

• Thats a good thing Evan. It shows they are improving upon what customers consider fails.
                      At least to some extent.. Did you find the first releases really bad ?

Comment

• I don't consider anything FreeWIng or FlightLine has put out a fail. They have exceptional product and Motion has excellent support of those products. I consider them the best in the business. I have had just about every plane they put out and duplicates of many. Example, right now I have two flying Gripens, one box stock no TV and one repainted mod'ed to 8S and with TV and I also have a spare in the box. I have two F-16 (70mm), two Yak130 (70mm) two Banshees, three of the new 64mm F-16, and as I've said I've had two A-6's. My present one repainted in my old squadron, VA-115 colors.

They have never had a bad "first release" of any thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1709.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	361592

Comment

• When you say newbie, have you flown EDFs before?

For the A-6 make sure you glue the fuse together well. Spend time with the push pull elevator linkage. Big flaps so make sure they deploy the same on both sides. When flying don't get too slow, it's not a trainer. It's also a bomber, not a fighter so don't expect super speeds though it's not bad with the new power system.

Comment

• My current list of EDF's.
                            MiG-29 twin 80mm
                            F-14 Tomcat twin 80mm
                            F-22 Raptor 90mm
                            F/A-18 Hornet 90mm
                            F/A-18E TV 90mm
                            F-4 Phantom II 90mm
                            F-104 90mm
                            Mig-17 Avios 90mm
                            Gripen TV 80mm
                            Gripen NO tv 80mm
                            L-39 Albatros 80mm
                            Mirage 2000 80mm
                            A-6E Intruder 80mm
                            A-4C Skyhawk 80mm
                            F-86 80mm
                            Avanti 80mm
                            B-2 Spirit twin 70mm
                            Vulcan 70mm
                            F-16 70mm
                            Yak-130 70mm
                            Mig-29 Arrows twin 64mm
                            F-16 64mm (6S)
                            F-16 64mm (4S)
                            Banshee 64mm (6S)
                            Stinger 64 new (6S)
                            Stinger 64 (4S)
                            F86 Alfa 55mm
                            The Mig-17, twin 64 Mig-29 and Alfa F-86 are not Free Wing, all others are. This is just my current list. I have had many many more.​ The highlighted ones, not green, are FPV.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Years ago before they became this good and before they were EDF and mushy in the turns. But nothing new. I like the FW also . This one among others is a winter build. Likely used the wrong word fails as you are quite right, but theylisten to customers and make improvements or upgrades. So many companies dont have that kind of response to customers opinions.
                              Thanks for the tips by the way.
                              Having been away for such a long time I consider myself a newbie as so much has changed for the better.
                              Cheers
                              Bob

Comment

• I bought one yrs ago, it was one of the worst kits to put together, nothing fit right on mine, it flew okay but it was one jet I hated, sold it or gave it to a friend, can't remember lol, he loved it and flew it a bunch until it lost its life somehow or another, glad you guys enjoy flying it.....

Comment

• I just had a peak at my FW 's
                                  F16 70mm
                                  F9F 64MM
                                  A10 TWIN 64
                                  F35 70MM
                                  A6 80MM
                                  F8 64mm
                                  F105 64 mm
                                  Gray BAE Hawk 70 mm

Comment

• Just completed Click image for larger version

Name:	3B14B5F3-AA11-41A7-8291-7B6E0C2D86D0.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	361935Click image for larger version

Name:	CD3184D0-0FED-41E1-AC07-B91D8930416E.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	361936

Comment

• Such beautiful lines. Mine arrived today. The size of the box fools you. iX14 came too, and Discovered you cant get 5000 mah smart batteries across the border. Weird. F4 Ghost arrives Wednesday .
                                      After this storm on the weekend its looking like I will have a lot of build time.
                                      Nice build on that Intruder,looks great
                                      Bob

Comment

• EA-6B Geek Uhhh, WOW! Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nice A model!

Comment

Working...
                                          X