Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first A6 was back in 2015 or so.. it always had trouble finding level flight.. then it sat for 6 years or so and finally broke it out again and same problem so i ordered 2 metal gear servos and replaced the elevator servos.. it was like a new plane.. i eventually sold it and bought another hp model works great this time..

Comment

• Same here...

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Nine years… I had one of the first and wasn’t that happy with it. Got a second and it flies much better. I see some changes but there must be others, in the wings that make it that way. The new higher power also helps a lot.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6-Intruder-EDF

Comment

• Ok, I finally got my A6 Intruder setup and ready for its maiden. I adjusted everything according to the manual's specs. Had to adjust the front wheels a little since it was pulling hard to the left out of the box. When I accelerated to take off, the plane was stuck to the ground. It took quite a bit of up elevator to get it off the runway. Then, I got some altitude, and checked the trim. It nose-dived towards the ground so much, it was difficult to actually get trim into it. After over 70 clicks it finally settled in. 2 clicks of aileron, 2 clicks of rudder, so that was good. Got a solid landing, then altered my sub-trim on the elevator to match the amount of trim I had to put in. I now need to work on my AS3X and SAFE testing. It looks like all of the corrections are going the right direction, but I need to test them high up. I am just concerned that the book told me to put the elevator just above the line where the fuselage parts come together, but my elevator is now way below that reference point to fly level.

Comment

• Sounds like it's balanced nose heavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Sounds like it's balanced nose heavy.
            According to my Xicoy scales, I am actually ever so slightly tail heavy with the CG as indicated in the manual.

in watching the Motion RC video of the A6 flight, my battery looks to be at a very similar placement for CG, and my elevator is now at the same angle that he has his set to.

Comment

• But… okay, go for it. While many MANY manuals give a too nose heavy CG point the A6 one is about right.

Comment

• I have an prop eflite that I found easy to fly, roll, loop, land etc. Would the A6 high performance by freewing be alright as a first edf?

Comment

• Probably would…

Comment

• Originally posted by jliner View Post
                    I have an prop eflite that I found easy to fly, roll, loop, land etc. Would the A6 high performance by freewing be alright as a first edf?
                    i would not go with the A6 as a first EDF, she has a few...lets say unfrendly charactaristics, at least compared to other planes...not sayin that she is a bad flyer, but as a first EDF i would go with something else, maybe a Avanti-S or a T-33...but of course thats your choice to make

Comment

• Or a Habu or a Vulcan 70

Comment

• So guys who fpv, what are the odds of fitting 2 motionsic units in this bird side by side? By some of the pics on the website, looks doable.

Comment

• NVM. Figured it out

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                            So guys who fpv, what are the odds of fitting 2 motionsic units in this bird side by side? By some of the pics on the website, looks doable.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	F32EFF5D-436B-4D7A-AE28-AB875654E1CF.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	382273

This is the unit in the A10. The unit has a servo box underneath it that may make it impossible to fit in the A-6. Give me a day and I’ll measure that box up and post.

Rich

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	3BAEEC54-3AE6-4E9F-A405-F25A04B7C2C0.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	382321Click image for larger version

Name:	CC28D3D3-7B99-4888-A583-AAF31E4FC90A.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	382320 Based on my observation you will have room for two let alone one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7BF88FD4-F80E-46A0-97FB-7BD35EA9CE4A.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	382319

Comment

• going to try the 2150kv fan in my A6 probably wont see much speed improvement as it seems to be alot of drag on the model..wonder if it will be stronger then the so called high performance 1920 9 blade

Comment

• The original A-6 was very low powered but the later ones aren't bad. The 2150 in my Mirage was a disappointment, I think it needs more air flow. I am thinking the A-6 might be the same. Good luck and let us know how it works.

Comment

• So, I had a bit of an opsie with my OG A6 which I bought about 5 or 6 years ago. The nose got a bit crunched up. And while it's definitely repairable, the A6 is my favorite airplane and I wanted it to look good, so I decided to buy a brand new fuselage instead of salvaging the old one.... and holy hell does it make the motor sound awful. It so loud and...i dunno...hollow(?) sounding now. I honestly thought the motor was out of whack or something, but then I tested it right next to a friend's (newer) A-6 and it sounds the same. Ugh. My original A-6 was from 5 or 6 years ago and sounded MUCH better IMO. I wonder if they changed anything to do with the ducting in the newer A-6 air pipe? If anyone from MRC sees this and knows the answer, please let me know.

Either way, I don't like how it sounds now. It's slightly better if you remove the central drop tank. But, I flew my old A6 with that drop tank on all the time and it never sounded this terrible.

Comment

• Groundhog day. You were complaining about this a couple weeks ago. Personally, I have had both the original and newer versions and didn't notice a difference but I'm half deaf from working on real A-6's on the flight deck.

Comment

• Evan D Truly thank you for your service sir!
                                        I SAID,.THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR!

Comment

• Thanks, it was my pleasure!

Comment

Working...
                                          X