Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$513 available mid December... is that price with VAT?

Comment

$513.58 plus $83.66 shipping to usa about $597.00 roughly shipped
      didnt say anything about VAT...was $160.00 or 15% pre order

I have bought from this company before other products never had an issue with them.

Comment

Personally, I will wait till it was available in N. America, which should be slightly before the availability in Europe. And if history replays itself as for other new Horizon products, the price here should be somewhat less than what they charge in Europe and those in the USA won't need to play for shipping. Even those of us in Canada can get the same product from our local shops (who gets it from Horizon) for much less than if we had Horizon ship it to us. It will be interesting to see if history will or won't play out the same way. It simply takes some weeks longer for the same product to reach Europe as it does to the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
          $513.58 plus $83.66 shipping to usa about $597.00 roughly shipped
          didnt say anything about VAT...was $160.00 or 15% pre order

I have bought from this company before other products never had an issue with them.
          You don't pay the VAT if you're in the US

Comment

Right but is that price with or without VAT?

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
              I think if you asked James B from Motion, he would say that the Avanti is their best selling edf. Mirage ? We have alot of edf guys in our club and I dont know anyone who has one.
              We have just a few EDF guys in our club and three Mirages. You can't draw any conclusions from such a tiny sample.

Comment

Heck at one time I had three of them!

I would be interested in what the best seller really is of the FW EDFs, not just from Motion. I have to think their old Stinger 64 is up there too.

Comment

I've had four Mirages (one is flyable). In transmitter time, well over 55 hours of flying....a few minutes at a time, just on my current radio. Love this little plane because of it's performance (on 6S). It's a beast under 2200 grams AUW with the FMS 2100kv Pro. Wish it got more love and a V3 with a smidge more space for gear and a easier time achieving a rearward CG.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    Heck at one time I had three of them!

I would be interested in what the best seller really is of the FW EDFs, not just from Motion. I have to think their old Stinger 64 is up there too.
                    Given the number of years (8?) the Sukhoi 35 has been available, that it is still listed and has an active thread both here and on RCG, I imagine it has sold a bunch.

Comment

There's a difference between a bunch and a best seller. I doubt the SU is in the top five even though I've had two.

Comment

I reckon the Avanti is no 1 seller by far ..

Comment

Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                          I reckon the Avanti is no 1 seller by far ..
                          You can see what MotionRC reckons, just sort the list by "Best Selling".

Radio Controlled Jets and Ducted Fan (RC Jets) Arguably the cutting edge of foam electric aircraft, RC jet airplanes powered by electric ducted fans (EDFs) provide exciting performance and impressive scale fidelity. These detailed model jet aircraft require a larger flying area due to their size, with some models reach

Comment

Yeah, no... Best selling now, last week, forever... I don't trust what that tells me.

Comment

$600 A-10 is the best selling?

Maybe in its class (80mm twin)...so far.

Comment

Yeah, no... Best selling now, last week, forever... I don't trust what that tells me.
                                You can also sort by "Trending", which *presumably* relates to recent sales.

Whom to believe? What MRC tells us, or a user's speculation?

Comment

Not sure what trust has to do with it. Nothing nefarious about the sorting options.

I believe the best selling just goes by the past year (could be all time). But also, past-year (all-time) for that specific SKU. The Avanti and others probably have sold more, but for example, when the High-Performance versions of the Avanti came out, they got a new SKU (start from 0 in essence) as there were still originals left, which kept the original SKU. But the A-10 still hasn't had any changes to it's SKU and has been out maybe 5 years now? That's also why the ARF+ Avanti is higher than the PNP's even though, as everyone could imagine, ARF+'s dont sell nearly as much as PNPs but the ARF+ SKU didn't need to change.

Trending sorts by page views I believe, not sales and it's either the past month or 2 - 3 months hence why the MiG and Gripen are at the top (newer ones always tend to head to the top) and when the MiG came out the F-14 popped back into everyone's mind and is in the 3rd position.

But sort by newest and you will see that the HP Avanti's are on the first page as well as other models that have since gotten HP versions despite being out longer than others. The T-33's came out in January and see how far down the Newest they are which I think is a nice testament to Freewing listening to the people and working hard to bring their great models up to date. The oldest Freewing Jet SKU on our website is the Rebel 3s version. Which makes sense.

Customer ratings I am not sure how it sorts when there are numerous 5 and 4 star options.

Then the others are just straight alphabetical or by price.

Again, none of these sorting options are manipulated in any way where you would have to "trust" them or not. They are just simple sorting metrics to help people find things.

Comment

First I'm in no way saying Motion is manipulating anything.

I'm sure you are right on the SKU thing James which is why I don't trust what comes up using the sort feature. Take the Avanti, which comes up in the double digits, for example. What is available, both red and yellow are updates to updates and I'm sure the "best selling" goes by just that newest SKU and not the total of all Avanti's. Then compare it to the F-14. Never updated so it shows #6. Exactly as you've said...

Nothing nefarious...

Comment

Waiting for the first really nice foamy Rafael is making me nefarious......or at least making me look up words like nefarious...

I see this being the ultimate Touch'n'go scale foamy jet for smooth fields! The stable High-Alpha landings are going to be lots of fun! Going to need an actuated tail hook on this one just to keep the skidmarks away!

Comment

I really don’t believe the best seller list is in any order at all🙈

Comment

Anyone know if there might be a US distributer for this Jet?

Comment

Working...
                                          X