Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was going to buy the Rafale but not so sure now .There are no reviews of the Rafale on the Media (OK a few from China but that is it )and I am always worried by silence

Comment

• Who do you want to see reviews from? Other than owners in SE Asia and maybe a couple of early arrivals in Europe, nobody has this plane yet. Most private reviews and videos come from N. American owners and only RC Informer and Bajora has (had) one and I don't consider those guys as "private". They also likely didn't get the typical production copies that the rest of us will get. I believe those have the Reflex installed. Plus, sometimes after those guys review them, the manufacturer incorporates some tweaks to the production versions. (eg. FMS 1700 Corsair that was released a few weeks ago.)
      Like I said to dahawk, cancel or keep the order, it's really doesn't matter. There'll be plenty left over after they arrive and Horizon has shipped all their pre-orders out. Same goes for if you're in UK or Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
        Looks like fms coming out with a new 80mm Rafale

https://youtu.be/qpHvha4RoCY
        I'm not a big fan of FMS, now that Freewing is building better quality models. I know, Alpha will school people when it comes to building a great RC aircraft! It's nice to know you have a guy that puts his heart and soul into these products. Then, he shares them with people with open arms. Hard to find a true Hobby guy at heart. Super Job you've always done for Us RC guys Alpha. I'm sure you will be a Legend in this industry. Keep me informed Buddy! Love the work you do. Matt

Comment

• 6 months since announcement and still no sign of it.

Cancelled my pre-order.

Ordered a Hawker Hunter instead.

Comment

• Mmmm I do not rate Dynam, fly well but crap quality. I think they have up the game on the Hunter, so at around £240 for 6s EDF might worth a look at. Does not look like the Rafale is coming out in the near future, mind you the Hunter not out yet here in the UK

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
              Mmmm I do not rate Dynam, fly well but crap quality.

Yes, but I already have experience fixing up Dynam models to make them acceptable, and apparently this Hunter is an improvement. They are in stock here in the US.

Comment

• Interesting RCinformer never followed up he's review on the FMS Rafale .Think that tells me what I need to know .He does not want to upset FMS ?????

Comment

• Or it confirms the rumor( and its only a rumor) that he crashed at the event.

Jon B and Tartago's reports are good. To me, it's a doubled edged sword. I love the bling and all of the cool bells and whistles on one hand. Sexy Livery High quality foam, sequencing lg doors, lights galore, sounds great, reflex, etc. But on the other hand , I haven't seen enough that will prevent me from being disappointed in performance such as speed, vertical and flight time. No, it doesn't have to be as fast as the Mirage or F5. But at least as fast as the HP A6 ,A4,T-33, L-39 or F-86. Doesn't have to get 4 minutes of flight time. But 3 minutes + a little reserve for go around would be nice.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I surpose if RCinformer did crash it that would also explain it

Comment

• He has not posted the second vid from the Imperial RC event Feb 5 as he said he would. When I inquired via .Facebook, he resent the link to his vid from the first day of the event. What does that tell ya?

If he did have a mishap, tell us . That's perfectly okay. We all have mishaps. That comes with the territory. If he's too proud to show his imperfection, I understand. I'm sure he would be concerned not to shed a bad light on FMS for any reason. Pilot error or mechanical failure. I get that. But be a little more transparent with us. We're big boys. Now it's looking like a coverup. And it starts to look like he's more the pitchman for the mfg. than a true independent reviewer.

My decision to buy or not buy the Rafale has nothing to do with a possible mishap during a demo flight. We all know there's a multitude of things that can go wrong. I was simply looking for performance( speed, agility, vertical), and realistic expected. flight time 2.4 min will not hack it) 3 minutes okay. 3.5 min. great.

To me, the plane is a winner on many counts. Nice finish, ease of assembly, many scale features, high quality, great bling, strong LG, decent price. But until I can see some real flight results, it's a no go and that's why I cancelled my order.
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                        He has not posted the second vid from the Imperial RC event Feb 5 as he said he would. When I inquired via .Facebook, he resent the link to his vid from the first day of the event. What does that tell ya?

If he did have a mishap, tell us . That's perfectly okay. We all have mishaps. That comes with the territory. If he's too proud to show his imperfection, I understand. I'm sure he would be concerned not to shed a bad light on FMS for any reason. Pilot error or mechanical failure. I get that. But be a little more transparent with us. We're big boys. Now it's looking like a coverup. And it starts to look like he's more the pitchman for the mfg. than a true independent reviewer.

My decision to buy or not buy the Rafale has nothing to do with a possible mishap during a demo flight. We all know there's a multitude of things that can go wrong. I was simply looking for performance( speed, agility, vertical), and realistic expected. flight time 2.4 min will not hack it) 3 minutes okay. 3.5 min. great.

To me, the plane is a winner on many counts. Nice finish, ease of assembly, many scale features, high quality, great bling, strong LG, decent price. But until I can see some real flight results, it's a no go and that's why I cancelled my order.
                        If you look at that video, the first minute he says some stuff about "doing some tweaks" and "resolving some issues". He never mentioned any of that again or what those issues may have been. To me, that puts a huge cloud over this product. Then the alleged crash and nothing since that time - the silence tells a lot or at least, puts many guesses as to what transpired. Even the Bajora video and magazine article is too spit and polished. It was mentioned that there was a lot of information in those, but quite frankly, IMO, there was only information that we've seen already from FMS - marketing stuff that was right out of their playbook. It was not a true "review", but more of an introduction and news release of a new product. It's almost like these "professional reviewers" are walking on FMS eggshells with this one.
                        I was very excited about this plane when it was first revealed, the videos from private owners since and the deafening silence lately has compelled me to "wait and see". I would love to have this model as a static display but it's a lot of money for something just to look at it hanging from the ceiling, at which point, it becomes a very expensive model. A winner on many counts maybe, but a potential loser on many more.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          It's almost like these "professional reviewers" are walking on FMS eggshells with this one.
                          I was very excited about this plane when it was first revealed, the videos from private owners since and the deafening silence lately has compelled me to "wait and see". I would love to have this model as a static display but it's a lot of money for something just to look at it hanging from the ceiling, at which point, it becomes a very expensive model. A winner on many counts maybe, but a potential loser on many more.
                          They are just online infomercials.

Comment

• More info about 3/4 of the way through the vid. Interesting. FWIW, I won the P-39 Cobra

Comment

• There is something not right here .It looks to me like a cover up .I have lost all respect for RCinformer .There was a problem with that Rafale ,that is plain to see now but it looks like the RCinformer is more loyal to FMS then us the public and he's viewers I no longer will trust the RCinformer now so have unsubscribe to he's video channel. That is fine by me if he is driven by FMS but do not expect me to watch he's video anymore ,Just can not trust them anymore

Comment

There is something not right here .It looks to me like a cover up .I have lost all respect for RCinformer .
                                I did that some time ago when he stated on an unboxing video that the decals on a certain model were "authentic" when they weren't even for the correct mark. If you claim to be an expert reviewer you should get your facts correct.

Not sure why anyone wants to see a video of stuff being taken out of a box anyway. I no longer watch unboxings, except my own.

Comment

There is something not right here .It looks to me like a cover up .I have lost all respect for RCinformer .There was a problem with that Rafale ,that is plain to see now but it looks like the RCinformer is more loyal to FMS then us the public and he's viewers I no longer will trust the RCinformer now so have unsubscribe to he's video channel. That is fine by me if he is driven by FMS but do not expect me to watch he's video anymore ,Just can not trust them anymore
                                  I agree with some of your points. Whether you subscribe or not is up to you. I still find his "infomercials" useful and entertaining from time to time. Of course he's "driven" by his connection to the companies he's doing these informercials for. Is he driven by Banana Hobby? Of course he is. Was he driven by MotionRC back when he did mostly Freewing products for them? Of course he was. And Hobbyzone/Arrows - yes again. If he trashes a product, he won't get many more from them. That's the nature of the game. Keeping loyalty to his viewers at the same time is a fine line and that's where we've seen some lack of information, delayed information and "diplomatic" responses.
                                  Have you seen auto reviews on TV car shows the last few years? They make Hyundai/Kia look like the next best thing to sliced bread. Now, we see all the engine bay fires and the flurry of recalls. "Infomercials" are loaded with company bias - that's the way it is. To give a totally honest and brutal review, these guys would have to BUY all of their new products and they wouldn't get them early. I don't know what RC Informer does for a real job, but imagine if he had to pay for each and every one of those planes he's "reviewed" over the many years he's been doing it.
                                  Some call it diplomacy. Some call it "cover up". You've made your pick.

Comment

• And he gets a kickback if people use the links in his videos. I think it's his main income... I mean he does spend a lot of time on it. Similar to JB over on the quad side. I just can't watch a hour, 2 hour, or longer video where he seems more concerned with the number of people logged on that the models. Thankfully people on here do watch and post the place good info is at on the video.

The Motion Friday webcast is the same for me even though James does a better job at keeping on point. Last Fridays had way too much construction vehicles and RC cars...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      . I just can't watch a hour, 2 hour, or longer video where he seems more concerned with the number of people logged on that the models..
                                      A video over 2 hours long with about 25 minutes worth of content, and a screen cluttered up with sponsors' ads.

The entire movie of Moby Dick was shorter than that video.

Comment

• Well I made the mistake of listening to the media and now I will apologise to the RCinformer. It was complete rubbish about him crashing the Rafale. It looks to me he has just been busy and he has now put out a video on the Rafale. So I apologise for listening to fake news

Comment

• Who said he had crashed it?

Comment

Working...
                                          X