X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    He has not posted the second vid from the Imperial RC event Feb 5 as he said he would. When I inquired via .Facebook, he resent the link to his vid from the first day of the event. What does that tell ya?

If he did have a mishap, tell us . That's perfectly okay. We all have mishaps. That comes with the territory. If he's too proud to show his imperfection, I understand. I'm sure he would be concerned not to shed a bad light on FMS for any reason. Pilot error or mechanical failure. I get that. But be a little more transparent with us. We're big boys. Now it's looking like a coverup. And it starts to look like he's more the pitchman for the mfg. than a true independent reviewer.

My decision to buy or not buy the Rafale has nothing to do with a possible mishap during a demo flight. We all know there's a multitude of things that can go wrong. I was simply looking for performance( speed, agility, vertical), and realistic expected. flight time 2.4 min will not hack it) 3 minutes okay. 3.5 min. great.

To me, the plane is a winner on many counts. Nice finish, ease of assembly, many scale features, high quality, great bling, strong LG, decent price. But until I can see some real flight results, it's a no go and that's why I cancelled my order.
    You can get to 3.5 with just a little throttle management. I made a couple flights this past week and hit that duration no problem. Given the dynamic nature of this hobby and the endless variety of pilots and their piloting abilities, I am not sure that anyone can really define what "real flight" results are? It really ultimately comes down to personal abilities and opinions. And everyone's will be slightly different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post

You can get to 3.5 with just a little throttle management. I made a couple flights this past week and hit that duration no problem. Given the dynamic nature of this hobby and the endless variety of pilots and their piloting abilities, I am not sure that anyone can really define what "real flight" results are? It really ultimately comes down to personal abilities and opinions. And everyone's will be slightly different.
      Seems to me that this plane calls out for flight pack telemetry.

Comment

• You can tell it is the Chinese New Year. I see the Rafale was due out today but the delivery date has now been put back yet again. No delivery date for the release date for the Rafale. Freewing have the same problem. 10 week wait for the Mig 29

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
          You can tell it is the Chinese New Year. I see the Rafale was due out today but the delivery date has now been put back yet again. No delivery date for the release date for the Rafale. Freewing have the same problem. 10 week wait for the Mig 29
          It's more than 6 months since the Rafale was announced, and apart from a privileged few with special contacts, none has been seen in the USA.

In that 6 months I have bought and assembled three models each of which was announced after the Rafale, and have a bunch of flights on the Gripen already. I think FMS/HH shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

It's more than 6 months since the Rafale was announced, and apart from a privileged few with special contacts, none has been seen in the USA.

In that 6 months I have bought and assembled three models each of which was announced after the Rafale, and have a bunch of flights on the Gripen already. I think FMS/HH shot themselves in the foot with this one.
            Must admit it is not good but that is FMS for you
            I have given up on the Rafale and thought I would get the Freewing Sky Hawk instead. Bloody hell that is out of stock

Comment

• I’ve thought about cancelling, but as Horizon hasn’t charged me yet I’m just hanging on. I really hope it’s not a total slug. I’m happy with the Gripen stock performance and hope it’s at least somewhere near that.

Comment

• So what the hell happened to the FMS Rafale .I have given up on it ,cancelled my order and instead order a Freewing Gripen .Think FMS have shot them self in the foot with this Rafale

Comment

• Yes, we've watched you go from wanting one plane to another to another and back and forth...

As many have said you can probably reorder it when it comes in since so many have cancelled their order.

FreeWing/ Motion hasn't been any better with their updates on delayed items either...

Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                  So what the hell happened to the FMS Rafale .I have given up on it ,cancelled my order and instead order a Freewing Gripen .Think FMS have shot them self in the foot with this Rafale

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    Yes, we've watched you go from wanting one plane to another to another and back and forth...

As many have said you can probably reorder it when it comes in since so many have cancelled their order.

FreeWing/ Motion hasn't been any better with their updates on delayed items either...

Well, the Gripen was announced after the Rafale, but I've had mine since last year and have already had a bunch of flights on it. The Gripen TV was backordered, but I've had that installed for a month and have flown it already. The ArrowsRC F-15 and Dynam Hunter were also announced long after the Rafale, but I've flown my F-15 and the Hunter is ready to go after an extensive "kitbash" into a different mark (Mk 3).

I understand the cause of shipping delays, but the Rafale is way out of line with the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
                      I’ve thought about cancelling, but as Horizon hasn’t charged me yet I’m just hanging on. I really hope it’s not a total slug. I’m happy with the Gripen stock performance and hope it’s at least somewhere near that.
                      At least that's one good thing about a Horizon pre-order. Your money stays with you till they actually have the product to send out. I really hate paying up front on pre-orders months ahead of time of shipping and I won't do it anymore.

Comment

Yes, we've watched you go from wanting one plane to another to another and back and forth... 🤣
                        "But I must have internet feedback on my decisions so I know I'm doing the right thing. That's why I post pictures of my plate of food on Facebook and beg for everyone to "subscribe" to my YouTube channel because I need the validation."

Comment

• Absolutely a good thing they do that...

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          At least that's one good thing about a Horizon pre-order. Your money stays with you till they actually have the product to send out. I really hate paying up front on pre-orders months ahead of time of shipping and I won't do it anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            While this is true, the money has already been withdrawn from the virtual modeling account that I keep in my head. So canceling the Rafale pre-order allowed me to spend money on the F-15 and Hawker Hunter.

Comment

• My virtual modeling account pays for vaporware.

Comment

Absolutely a good thing they do that...

Agreed - FYI to anyone how does not know:
                                It had been a while since I ordered from MRC but when I preordered the Gripen. I changed my mind about it and decided to cancel (Still hadn't arrived on the boat). This is when I found out that you can not cancel an order, even a pre-order. This was not the case earlier. You can ship it back, no problem, but I'm not sure about who pays for shipping. So, be sure you want the pre-order or whatever you're ordering. In contrast to HH, mrc takes you money even before it ships but at least they are upfront about it. With mrc at least they don't charge state sales tax (I prefer to pay mine when I do my taxes).
                                Between COVID and the post office castration, things are really jacked in the supply chain. I've given up on ever finding 2 of my orders. This was before the post office issues related to the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post

Agreed - FYI to anyone how does not know:
                                  It had been a while since I ordered from MRC but when I preordered the Gripen. I changed my mind about it and decided to cancel (Still hadn't arrived on the boat). This is when I found out that you can not cancel an order, even a pre-order. This was not the case earlier. You can ship it back, no problem, but I'm not sure about who pays for shipping. So, be sure you want the pre-order or whatever you're ordering. In contrast to HH, mrc takes you money even before it ships but at least they are upfront about it. With mrc at least they don't charge state sales tax (I prefer to pay mine when I do my taxes).
                                  Between COVID and the post office castration, things are really jacked in the supply chain. I've given up on ever finding 2 of my orders. This was before the post office issues related to the election.
                                  Re: Motion pre-orders ......................................... This must be something new. I pre-ordered the OV-10, cancelled it a few weeks later, got a full refund on my CC. This was during the height of the Covid-19 thing and finances were a bit up and down. When my finances got better, I ordered the OV-10 again.

Comment

• On RCG there is a reported Raf shipped from HH...

Comment

On RCG there is a reported Raf shipped from HH...
                                      I'll wait for a "proper" and realistic review (as opposed to the promotional reviews, aka - informercials, we've seen so far) from you and other real world users before jumping off the fence.

Comment

• 🙌 mine has shipped!

Comment

• got mine. i tried to email Horizon Hobby about big (nickel size) bubble in the main wing yellow sticker but keep telling me website/email not working, try again....WTF. that's the different bet. MRC and horizon hobby. MRC good customer service. horizon hobby sucks.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X