X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another selection of nozzles (incl. 90, 95 and 100% FSA) can be found here:

Thrust tubes for the FMS Rafale EDF jet. Three different outlet sizes: 90% FSA = 48,3mm 95% FSA = 49,6mm 100% FSA = 50,9mm Plus a 'cosmetic' outer nozzle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXRNaMBRAF4

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	mica.jpg Views:	0 Size:	262.1 KB ID:	310615

MICA/IR missiles on the tip rails and MICA/EM underwing.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4839852 for the .STL files.

Comment

• Meet the first 8S powered FMS Rafale 😎

Hi everyone, here's my FMS Rafale equipped with a 8S Wemotec 80mm EDF combo.

It transforms the draggy & slow Rafale into a fast & nimble EDF.

There's a lot of measurement numbers at the end of the vid and also some installation info.

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Hi all! How much flight time are you guys getting from a 5,000 mah pack on average on this plane?

Comment

• Hi Madness, on the stock 6S setup I got 4minutes easily with my mixed throttle flying style. Keep in mind that I burn a lot of electrons already during the take-off from grass

Here's my first Rafale vid again, 6S stock plane with a 6S 5000HRB lipo, 4 minutes in total.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
              Here's my first Rafale vid again, 6S stock plane with a 6S 5000HRB lipo, 4 minutes in total
              That was really rough and bumpy. How does the gear hold up to all that bouncing around?

Comment

• Meteor BVRAAM missile scaled for the Rafale:

Meteor missile scaled for the FMS Rafale. The nose section has breakaway parts that look like fins to stabilize it during printing. Remove these from the finished part. There is also a pylon that fits the underwing keyhole slots on the wing. Print with minimal infill and thin walls to save weight, except the mounting lug which needs to be strong.

For those who are unfamiliar:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_(missile)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  That was really rough and bumpy. How does the gear hold up to all that bouncing around?
                  Yeah our field is really bumpy with a lot of holes. The landing gear on the other hand is really good, no adjustments needed so far. There's several other FMS Rafale owners that are really happy with the sturdy landing gear

Comment

• Good to know about the gear. I’m not rushing to the hobby shop to order one of these but if HH ever puts a sale on for them, I might reconsider.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210521_085547.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	313576My friend's repaint.

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Awesome!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210521_085547.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	313576My friend's repaint.
                          Now if it came like that I would consider buying one, looks awesome.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Rafale in WW2 RAF scheme?

(Your runway could do with some TLC.)

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Rafale in WW2 RAF scheme?

(Your runway could do with some TLC.)
                              Not our runway. We fly from dirt/grass that makes that one look like a ballroom dance floor! That's the Kansas City RC club runway.

Comment

Not our runway. We fly from dirt/grass that makes that one look like a ballroom dance floor! That's the Kansas City RC club runway.
                                Your friend should choose a Spitfire camo scheme if he uses a Spit's squadron markings and WW2 roundels.

The RAF did a Eurofighter in a Battle of Britain Hurricane scheme back in 2015.

Comment

• Had my rafe up today , I love this plane! I had to flash the reflex three times before it felt right but its rock solid now,dont really need the stabilizer,Im flying at the back of the CG range and its never given hint of instability.Good Fun Day!!

Comment

• Here's another vid made while I was flying in Germany with friends, enjoy!

I must say this Rafale is my favorite EDF right now

Comment

• My Rafale was a birthday gift from my wife. At the time, the only available FMS 80mm Rafales were on Amazon from a third party seller called "Fair RC". The Rafale was advertised as having an FMS 3280-2100kV inrunner and Reflex V2 installed. Well, upon receipt of the plane I found that it had not an FMS, but an Eflite motor installed and was only a 3270-2000kV. It also had an EC5 esc connector instead of the advertised XT90 and no Reflex system installed whatsoever. Obviously this kit was meant to have been sold by Horizon Hobby along with one of their proprietary (overpriced) AS3X receivers. I contacted Fair RC and they had since sold out or the Rafale so a return wasn't an option. I ordered the correct FMS motor from RC Castle, replaced the EC5 with an XT90 and after a bit of negotiating Fair RC agreed to reimburse my credit card (through Amazon, of course) for all my expenses and trouble and to send me a Reflex V2 module pre-programmed for the Rafale. The refund has already posted and all my parts are showing they will arrive today. I was skeptical of Fair RC but it's only "fair" that I give them a shout-out for making things right. What concerns me in all of this is that it appears as if Horizon is selling an inferior product at premium prices. I ran into the same issue with my Eflite Su-30. The Eflite motors it came with were less powerful than the FMS motors in the FMS Su-27 which is the same plane, unavailable in the US due to a "marketing" agreement with FMS. In that instance I was able to purchase the more powerful FMS motors from RC Castle in Hong Kong as well, which improved the performance of my Su-30 noticeably. These instances have further distanced me from any further business with Horizon in the future. "Caveat Emptor"! Buyer beware!

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdoc View Post
                                        My Rafale was a birthday gift from my wife. At the time, the only available FMS 80mm Rafales were on Amazon from a third party seller called "Fair RC". The Rafale was advertised as having an FMS 3280-2100kV inrunner and Reflex V2 installed. Well, upon receipt of the plane I found that it had not an FMS, but an Eflite motor installed and was only a 3270-2000kV. It also had an EC5 esc connector instead of the advertised XT90 and no Reflex system installed whatsoever. Obviously this kit was meant to have been sold by Horizon Hobby along with one of their proprietary (overpriced) AS3X receivers. I contacted Fair RC and they had since sold out or the Rafale so a return wasn't an option. I ordered the correct FMS motor from RC Castle, replaced the EC5 with an XT90 and after a bit of negotiating Fair RC agreed to reimburse my credit card (through Amazon, of course) for all my expenses and trouble and to send me a Reflex V2 module pre-programmed for the Rafale. The refund has already posted and all my parts are showing they will arrive today. I was skeptical of Fair RC but it's only "fair" that I give them a shout-out for making things right. What concerns me in all of this is that it appears as if Horizon is selling an inferior product at premium prices. I ran into the same issue with my Eflite Su-30. The Eflite motors it came with were less powerful than the FMS motors in the FMS Su-27 which is the same plane, unavailable in the US due to a "marketing" agreement with FMS. In that instance I was able to purchase the more powerful FMS motors from RC Castle in Hong Kong as well, which improved the performance of my Su-30 noticeably. These instances have further distanced me from any further business with Horizon in the future. "Caveat Emptor"! Buyer beware!
                                        I bought mine direct from Horizon and it had the FMS 3280-2100kV inrunner installed. It was PNP and did not have a "proprietary (overpriced) AS3X receiver" in it. The description states CLEARLY that it has an EC5 connector.

Comment

• Yeah, I think he is unfairly targeting HH for issues they are not responsible for. He bought a plane from a gray market vendor and got burned. No surprise. Lucky he got it through Amazon though.

Comment

Working...
                                          X