Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input. I am a new guy to RC and am looking for what may be next. The wings are interesting and was looking at the RX600SP not so much for the stabilizing but it is the only receiver Motion has in stock that will work with my transmitter. Not quite ready to go but collecting ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Louierc View Post
      I can't see the need for a stabilizing receiver, this wing flies smoothly and is not twitchy.
      Agree, there's no way this needs a gyro. This is one of the most stable and easy to fly EDF's you will ever see.

Comment

Update - I have finished the assembly of a new Neptune. NOTE THAT THERE ARE SOME CHANGES TO THE LATEST VERSION OF THIS MODEL !
        The graphics are completely different now. Here are some of the changes:

1. New graphics on the wing decals - the problem with these is that where they cross over the elevon hinge gap they have been slit. When flown, air under the leading edge of the elevon decal will lift and peel the elevon film right off. The film has minimal adhesion to the foam. I taped the leading edge of the elevon film down into the hinge gap. I am sure that the decals are needed to stiffen the wing and prevent flutter - that's how I lost the last one.

2, The servo arm protection covers on the bottom of the wing have been replaced by a plywood skeg. Unpainted raw ply, it looks awkward, but can be painted.

3. The top front fins require cutting a slot in the decals in order to glue them into their slots.

I embedded a 60 Amp ESC ahead of the fan and changed to a 12 blade fan on 4S2200.
        Attached Files

Comment

Would love to see a video of that one flying! The graphics look really nice!

Comment

Working...
          X