X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Enable elevons in your radio. One "aileron" plug in aileron and one in elevator on the receiver. You may need to reverse the servo direction or swap the plugs around to get the correct movement or if your radio has wing types of elevon A and elevon B try that to get directions correct.
    That was the trick. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to help. Good luck on your maiden!

Comment

Maiden successful! It’s a fun plane for sure. Rolls like a rifle bullet and turns pretty sharp on full rates. Orientation could be an issue in certain skies but it wasn’t too bad. Speed passes aren’t overly fast but for 64mm you can’t expect lightning. Landings are a breeze. It will slow and do high alpha very well. This one will keep you on your toes but is a blast to rip.

Comment

Sounds great! Congratulations.

Comment

Just got the flight video up. 2 flights, one with gear and one hand launch. She is a great performer at a solid price

Comment

I’m interested in purchasing the F16 64mm, however, I’m concerned about the fact that there are no spare parts available. Has anyone heard anything about this issue as all spare parts are showing “sold out”, which seems strange for a new release. Thx!

Comment

This new model has me a little interested as it would make a good entry level EDF for its price point that would not hurt as much if I were to crash it. Plus I like that it has rudder compared to other 64mm models that lack one. However I don't like the elevon setup on a non delta wing design. The elevon setup with the thrust reverser would had been perfect on a Viggen model. If i got this I know I would have to add two servos to separate the elevators.

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                  This new model has me a little interested as it would make a good entry level EDF for its price point that would not hurt as much if I were to crash it. Plus I like that it has rudder compared to other 64mm models that lack one. However I don't like the elevon setup on a non delta wing design. The elevon setup with the thrust reverser would had been perfect on a Viggen model. If i got this I know I would have to add two servos to separate the elevators.
                  I have this F16 and plan on installing elevator servos, there is plenty of foam real estate to do it cleanly.

Comment

Absolutely, should be very easy and add minimal weight. Moving the current servos to just at the LE of stabs and maybe putting a lighter servo for the ailerons would be great.

Comment

Not much activity here...

Primodus22, is the book cg good or nose heavy as many are?

Sanexup, what did you end up doing with yours?

I did get one and it's modified and ready to maiden. I took a power reading of the stock set up and yanked it out, it pulled 43A and 672.5W. I put in a 60A 6S ESC and a Arrows 6S fan, it pulls 47.5A and 1095.6W. Also cut in a pair of elevator servos so I have separate ailerons and separate tailerons. The 1800 6S packs are 1/16" too tall with the stock battery tray and strap but moving the tray and strap back a little fixed that. Like my other F-16's I have flaperons and tailerons and have flap w/ elevator compensation, have basic tailerons with ailerons and a mix where the rudder is added so all surfaces deflect the same direction with ailerons.

Ended up at 1075g ready with 6S battery and landing gear, 788g without battery. I did have to add 20g of weight in the tail to balance. 450W per pound should make it a rocket ship.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D6DFD472-683D-4E13-B3B0-32FF8C684AD3.jpeg
Views:	1142
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	351892Click image for larger version

Name:	A48B9A04-6B33-46B4-8A8F-B959FDF2C698.jpeg
Views:	1129
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	351893

Comment

I fly mine completely stock. No mods, book CG is on point. Admiral 4S 2200 pushed back to the steering servo, no additional weight. It's a fun plane.

Comment

Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know!

Comment

Evan D Mine is sitting on my bench assembled but awaiting installation of my elevator servos. It was sidelined due to another plane needing assembly and flight, and work getting in the way, so maybe this weekend, forecast is calling for rain. The way you oriented the servos is clean, I will definitely be installing them like that. I am planning on 4s. It will be interesting to hear how the 6s flies!

Comment

Had to do chores in the yard today. I might sneak out later but tomorrow looks real good for a maiden. Fingers crossed. Once I get a trim flight, I'll probably remove the gear.

The servos work well there. On 4S the plane balances out easily and the servos aren't too far back. On 6S, with a heavier pack I probably should have moved them as far back as I could to help balance. Keel the little eyelet the pushrod goes through. Since you are pushing to give up pitch a flexing rod is bad. I used metal gear digital servos from the Arrows Mig 29, I really like them. I thought about mounting them vertical underneath as it would hide them a bit more but the horizontal way is mechanically more efficient.

Really surprised theres not more traffic on this and the RCG thread.

Comment

Evan D I'm assuming that you're using the Arrows Mig 29 edf unit? I've thought about trying it in the FW F18 but then I'd have to buy smaller 6s batteries. It would be fun to give some of the 64mm FW planes a little extra thrust if they have space for the 6s battery.

Yeah, I am surprised as well. This 64mm series FW F16 is high quality for the price. I know, I haven't flown it to truly say that but I'm sure I'll double down on that statement once I do!

Comment

Yes Arrows... I did proof of concept with the Stinger 64 using some old racing quad 6S packs. I found these on Amazon. Hard to find a 1800-2000 or so that would fit the Stinger.

Amazon.com: HRB 2PCS 1800mAh 6S 22.2V 50C LiPo Battery with XT60 Plug for SAB380 Align 470 ALZRC Devil 380 480 RC Helicopter Airplane Cars Truck Buggy Truggy Multicopter Drones : Toys & Games

Longer flight time than the 2200 4S, 8.8 (mAh times 4S) vs 10.8 for the 6S mAh times 6S).

I don't have other FW 64's but what I have seen have significantly smaller battery areas, some flying on 1300-1600 3S and 4S. The F-16 is bigger than the others, more 70mm size,

Comment

Damn it flies smooth!

Comment

Where's the vids at fellas? There's only about 4 flight vids on YouTube including Freewings vids as well. Surprised not all the sponsored guys aren't testing this puppy out in stock configuration.

I know I said 2 weeks since I got mine but I'll be slapping her together maybe tomorrow, I wanted to install elevator servos however I want the challenge of flying tailerons as well. Oh the choices i tell ya.

One of the guys at a local flying field had one for about 30 second of flight time and off it goess into some trees and never to be found, he couldnt cobrrol it, maybe is rates and expo was to high.

Comment

I have a ton of flights on mine now. One of the smoothest planes I have.

What do you mean by "I wanted to install elevator servos however I want the challenge of flying tailerons as well."? I put in the two extra servos to have separate ailerons and elevators and have flaperons, I do use flaps to take off, and I do have tailerons.

Not everyone videos. I am a model aircraft enthusiast not a part time videographer.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          I have a ton of flights on mine now. One of the smoothest planes I have.

What do you mean by "I wanted to install elevator servos however I want the challenge of flying tailerons as well."? I put in the two extra servos to have separate ailerons and elevators and have flaperons, I do use flaps to take off, and I do have tailerons.

Not everyone videos. I am a model aircraft enthusiast not a part time videographer.
                                          Outstanding, that's great that you have tons of flights on yours.

I mean that I have yet to fly a planning this particular configuration, therefore I consider it a challenge until I do so. Anything new to me is a challenge until i have concoured such task. Hope that cleared that up.

The way you have yours setup is the way I want to set mine up however I want to see what it's like flying it in its stock configuration first. One guy at the field I fly at lost complete control of his, so wasn't sure if it's worth it or not.

And I wasn't speaking about any one individual nor was I implying that you or anyone on this forum put up a video. However I do watch quite a few guys on YouTube that does that type of thing for the purpose of reviewing rc aircraft for those that are thinking of purchasing them. So maybe I should've made that more clear as well. I like the vids that are done by diy modelers and everyday folks to show the flows and challenges so I'd have a better grasp of what I'm getting into. I also like watching the vets and sponsors but they usually make it look to easy lol.

I was only trying to point out that usually there's at least 10 vids of the same aircraft within a few days of release date and on this particular model can't find to much out there. 👍

Comment

Working...
                                          X