Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wing type delta or elevon? What model futaba?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      No wing type delta or elevon? What model futaba?
      it's a 12FG using the TM-14 2.4ghz module. yes it does delta wing type. but I wasn't using it that way because I didn't know it would work and I wasn't sure which wing type selection is correct. see the attached picture for the menu in the flying wing selection. which one of those would you choose for the V1 F/16? just in case you didn't know the new f/16 64mm is now set up with 4 wing servos. and why I was able to make my new plane work without a hiccup.

and I'm being told this radio is a PPM system. when hooking up one of the hobby eagle A3 super 4 gyros it said you need to wire it up exactly like they show. It worked for me on the PWM setup because I thought thats what I have. but they have pwm and ppm receivers that work with this radio. the receiver I'm using is a r617fs. Im going to buy a R7006SB which has Sbus to try. way less wires to tuck in this little plane. but part of me thinks I should just give up on this radio due to its age and buy something modern.

for a radio that was close to $900 new the manual for it is garbage. even a reviewer pointed out how bad it is and there's features in the radio that don't seem to actually work. https://rc-soar.com/futaba12fg/index.htm
      Attached Files

Comment

64mm F16 V1 without modification is a delta wing type. V2 is more of a regular wing type setup, and the same as a V1 mod, 1 aileron 1 elevator if they are "Y'd" together. Or you can separate out the control surfaces. 2 channels for aileron, 2 for elevator. Or one for elevator if that is Y cabled together

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
          64mm F16 V1 without modification is a delta wing type. V2 is more of a regular wing type setup, and the same as a V1 mod, 1 aileron 1 elevator if they are "Y'd" together. Or you can separate out the control surfaces. 2 channels for aileron, 2 for elevator. Or one for elevator if that is Y cabled together
          Only speaking about V1, above picture is the wing choices in my radio under delta wing. You have to chose one. Which one should I choose?

ok now with some help from the guys at the field we tried it set up with delta wing. 2 ailerons. rudder normal.
          seems to work. under the servo monitor it has channel 1 as rudder. channel 2 as AUX2. channel 3 throttle. channel 4 aileron one. channel 5 aileron two. reverse all servos. the only thing that we can't get to work is throttle reverse with this setup.
          none of it makes sense. especially not using channel 2. but whatever.

glad V2 went with a easier setup

Comment

Does anyone know of someone who can make a 2 seater cockpit for this aircraft?

Comment

I know you guys don't really care, but that setup on the previous page, literally doesn't work now. I have no Idea. set up like a delta wing it works but can't get the reverse function to work.
              giving up on the V1 setup for now with this old Futaba. it's too outdated maybe.

the V2 version all works perfectly.

Comment

We care or we wouldn't have tried to help.

Comment

Just did a fresh rebuild on my 64mm ordered micro lights new EDF ESC. Going to attempt going to a 70mm EDF on the old airframe first to see what it will take big will be throwing the new FMS V2 3150 with a 69amp ESC. Wanted a different paint scheme so here she is ready for a maiden flight ✈️ tomorrow
                  Attached Files

Comment

The freewing f16 64mm v2 is out. I highly recommend it for people who want to start flying rc EDF

Comment

Working...
                    X