Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got mine in the mail today. didnt get real far into building it. just taking my time. I don't have the vertical stabilizer in yet. just sitting there for a picture. anyone add a pilot? think it would look better. if so, what did you use?
    Attached Files

Comment

so I ran into a problem. the aileron control rods are 16mm too long. they made them 329mm overall. but it's only supposed to be 323mm. the started measuring at the z bend instead of tip to tip.
      Attached Files

Comment

Make a new Z bend?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Make a new Z bend?
          easier to cut off the extra threads

im also having a hell of a time getting the controls to operate with this futaba radio I have. 12FG. using the R617FS receiver. my radio doesn't have the option of a wing like this. so i'm lost lol.
          I also had the esc working until I realized I forgot to plug in the reverse wire. now it wont work and gives me a bunch of beeps that doesn't seem to go with the manual. listening for beeps is the most annoying way to program an ESC ever. they're using the hobbywing skywalker esc.

Comment

If you cut the threaded end you may not have enough threaded part.

Ailevator, pg 101 of your manual.

Futaba typically needs the throttle channel reversed for these ESCs and then needs the ESC to be calibrated.

Comment

I was about to ask about the throttle reverse. found out the hard way as it flew right off my table when I switched to a different wing type🤣

Comment

what do you select for wing type 1 ail or 2 ail?

Comment

Looks like the important thing is elevator 1 and 2. Think tailerons since they are linked.

Comment

so how would I connect the servos to the receiver? this is where I think i'm screwing up. or do we need 2 y adapters? should I connect the rudder and front wheel together?

Comment

Did you look at your manual, pg101?

Comment

yes but I don't think I have the receiver connected the the correct stuff. theres 2 ail connectors, 2 rudder connectors, throttle. and the yellow reverse wire. when I use the ailevator tail setup I have rudder control on J1. with elevator on j2 (both servos move in the same direction)and no aileron controls at all. no rudder control on j4.
                        this radio is a convoluted nightmare.
                        I can set all these up manually. which I'm about to try because I've done all of futabas preset controls and they don't seem to work.

if you had that receiver how would you hook this plane up?

Comment

Sorry. I’m just seeing what the manual says. I fly Spektrum.

Comment

yeah I thought buying this radio would be a good idea lol. it's a mess. I was super close setting it all up manually. i'm going to keep trying. it allows you to literally set up any channel how you want etc. it seems easier than trying to figure out a model already programmed. what futaba has makes 0 sense to me. but i'm not very smart lol I also don't see how this plane can operate on only 4 channels. you need channel 5 for the throttle reverse.

Comment

Correct and you have to have the reverse plugged into a channel for the ESC to work.

Comment

well guys, I almost gave up. I kept at it and figured it out! it only took me like 6 hrs 🙄
                                I was trying everything this crazy radio has for tail and aileron options.
                                this time i had set the plane up with 2 ailerons. this turned out to be another mistake because I couldn't get the throttle reverse feature to work. but all the control surfaces worked. so I saved that experiment and started over with a fresh plane this is an interesting setup, that to me, doesn't make sense, but it works.

Receiver,
                                ch 1 aileron
                                ch 2 aileron
                                ch 3 throttle
                                ch 4 rudder
                                ch 5 reverse

Radio settings. (here's where it gets weird)
                                Wing= 1 aileron
                                Tail= Ailevator
                                Linkage,
                                ch 1 elevator= stick J2
                                ch 2 elevator 2 = -- (no stick assignment)
                                ch 3 throttle = stick J3
                                ch 4 Rudder = stick J4
                                ch 5 Aileron = J1 (without this assigned to a channel I got no aileron movement)
                                ch 6 Gear = to a switch. (this is actually unused in the receiver but assigned to a switch to work the reverse function, and it works, but I don't know how)
                                ch7 Air brake= (no assignment) but seemed like it was needed to make the controls work. futaba actually says assign the channels something anyway even with a gyro.

model menu,
                                Ailevator,

ELE +100% up +100% down
                                ELE 2 +100% up +100% down
                                aileron
                                Left ELE= +100%
                                Left ELE2= +100%
                                Right ELE +100%
                                Right ELE2= +100%

isn't that the worst thing you've ever seen?🤨

hey futaba, try harder at making a more simple setup jeez.

I wanted to post this for anyone else with a over complicated radio. or am I just really dumb?🤣 probably just dumb...

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post

I have this F16 and plan on installing elevator servos, there is plenty of foam real estate to do it cleanly.
                                  Did you actually end up doing it? If yes, please share some pictures!
                                  Possession Of Property After Closing Escrow on mybakersfieldrealtor

Comment

I did it. Pics early in this thread…

Comment

I did as well, similar to Evan but his flat mount is cleaner. I plunged into the foam with a vertical mount, if that makes sense. I'll post a photo tomorrow if you want to see that but Evan's method is what I would do next time. I used a z bend too, I made use of some control rods that were missing its plane.

Comment

Hey motion RC, i have found a few flaws in V2.

Having issues with servos not throwing the same amount. Rudder will throw 28 mm to the right per the manual but only throw 20mm to the left. I tried to adjust the endpoints and it doesnt help. I think they didnt center the servo horn. The servos are of course glued in. Now either I adjust the radio and fly with 60% max rudder travel to the left or destroy the vertical stabilizer to replace the cheap servo.
                                        while in dual rates throws are the same way.
                                        ALso front wheel gear is not centered with servo. It points to the left. Roll it on the ground and it steers so fast it tips over. Seems like the flat ground on the rod isnt centered. Servo arm is. Wheel is not.
                                        Ailerons are the same issue. Up per the manual id dual rate down, wont go that far. Travel and endpoints in radio change nothing
                                        ​​​​
                                        I dont think its a radio issue because V1 works just fine. Unless the servos have been updated and they dont work right with my radio?

Anyway, guys, make sure you check the servos before you glue the wings on. Or swapping them out for good servos will be a bear

Comment

Someone told me i should have set this model up as a delta wing. Son of a b.....

Originally posted by serpentracer View Post
                                          well guys, I almost gave up. I kept at it and figured it out! it only took me like 6 hrs 🙄
                                          I was trying everything this crazy radio has for tail and aileron options.
                                          this time i had set the plane up with 2 ailerons. this turned out to be another mistake because I couldn't get the throttle reverse feature to work. but all the control surfaces worked. so I saved that experiment and started over with a fresh plane this is an interesting setup, that to me, doesn't make sense, but it works.

Receiver,
                                          ch 1 aileron
                                          ch 2 aileron
                                          ch 3 throttle
                                          ch 4 rudder
                                          ch 5 reverse

Radio settings. (here's where it gets weird)
                                          Wing= 1 aileron
                                          Tail= Ailevator
                                          Linkage,
                                          ch 1 elevator= stick J2
                                          ch 2 elevator 2 = -- (no stick assignment)
                                          ch 3 throttle = stick J3
                                          ch 4 Rudder = stick J4
                                          ch 5 Aileron = J1 (without this assigned to a channel I got no aileron movement)
                                          ch 6 Gear = to a switch. (this is actually unused in the receiver but assigned to a switch to work the reverse function, and it works, but I don't know how)
                                          ch7 Air brake= (no assignment) but seemed like it was needed to make the controls work. futaba actually says assign the channels something anyway even with a gyro.

model menu,
                                          Ailevator,

ELE +100% up +100% down
                                          ELE 2 +100% up +100% down
                                          aileron
                                          Left ELE= +100%
                                          Left ELE2= +100%
                                          Right ELE +100%
                                          Right ELE2= +100%

isn't that the worst thing you've ever seen?🤨

hey futaba, try harder at making a more simple setup jeez.

I wanted to post this for anyone else with a over complicated radio. or am I just really dumb?🤣 probably just dumb...

Comment

Working...
                                          X