Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 64mm Freewing Banshee EDF Sport Jet Thread

Freewing Banshee 64mm Sport EDF Jet

Click image for larger version  Name:	10.jpg Views:	14 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	356348

The Freewing Banshee 64mm EDF Jet is the perfect introductory model for those seeking to break into the thrilling world of foam Electric-Ducted Fan jets. Made with industry-standard and durable EPO foam, the Banshee comes with a 12-blade EDF with a robust 2836-3300Kv inrunner brushless motor for captivating aerial adventures.

The Banshee's streamlined shape penetrates through the skies with minimal resistance while the 4s power system delivers an exhilarating thrust-to-weight ratio. The Banshee’s modular structural design uses plastic joints and screws to facilitate simple assembly, maintenance, and repair, a welcomed departure from the tedious and adhesive assembly of models from years past.

Enjoy the Banshee’s low wing loading for increased performance at lower speeds. With the installed flaps the jet can handle slower landings and shorter takeoffs with ease. The ESC has a reverse thrust function that slows the jet upon landing, dramatically reducing the landing rollout. If you do not wish to utilize the fixed landing gear, the Banshee excels as a capable hand-tosser/belly lander. Take to the skies with this excellent jet that both novice and experienced pilots alike will equally enjoy.

Features:
    • 40 Amp V2 Electronic Speed Control with reverse thrust functionality
    • Flaps are included for slower flight, landings and quicker takeoffs
    • Comes with 12-Blade EDF with 2836-3300Kv Inrunner Brushless Motor
    • 4S LiPo capability for High Performance Flight (not included)
    • Scale details including painted pilot and cockpit, panel lines and landing gear
    • 8x 9g digital servos come pre-installed
    Includes:
    • Freewing Banshee 64mm Sport EDF Jet - PNP
    • Servos, motor, fan unit and ESC are all pre-installed
    Requires:
    • 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
    • 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
    • 4 Cell 14.8V 1800-2600 mAh LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR22004PROX6
    • 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection

The manual mentions an available 6s upgrade fan. Will this be available soon?

Comment

Ordered. I have a spare 6s set up waiting! :)

Comment

This guy Evan has way too many planes 🤣

Comment

I agree! I gave away a couple last week too!

Comment

I need to do the same - I've got 4 right now that would be good starters for somebody...

Comment

Any idea on price when it gets to the EU ?

Comment

The Skynetic Havok and Dragonfly are the same $199 as the Banshee here. Maybe base your price on that?

Comment

I’m not a mathematician or anything but with flaps and reverse esc that the manual says must be connected I think your going to need at least a 6 channel radio! Or I’m I missing something?

Comment

Yes. The 4ch statement is wrong. 5 without reverse, 6 with and then if you add a gyro or extra mixing you'll need more. I'm planning on 9 for mine to get tailerons and full span ailerons. I won't have reversing as I'm swapping out the ESC.

Comment

Been looking for an EDF that I can hand launch (landing gear will be removed) for the clubs I fly at that usually keep the grass on the long side ... too long/high for takeoffs from the ground. This plane should do it !

Comment

Is it difficult to see in flight?

Comment

No one has them yet, it was just released yesterday.

Comment

Waiting to grab it.

Comment

Grab? Order? Pick up from the front porch??

Comment

Couple of things here, a friend of mine on Tidwell Aviation, noticed that the overview description on Motion has a different motor, an outrunner, than the one above which is an inrunner with a higher Kv. The manual does mention a 6S motor but says it's also an outrunner.

One other thing, the plane looks a lot like the Avanti S. The Avanti has a real tendency to tip and drag the wings. I wonder if it would be possible to flip the wheels on the Banshee, left and right, and then bend the gear support rod 180 degrees so the wheels are further out. You'd probably get 2 or 3 inches wider stance. I don't have much experience bending steel rods like that. Wonder if you'd have to heat it up somehow before bending or maybe twisting it.

Comment

Interesting notes, the motor listings have been noted my Motion. Yes it looks a lot like an Avanti.

Originally posted by DougCLind View Post
                                  Couple of things here, a friend of mine on Tidwell Aviation, noticed that the overview description on Motion has a different motor, an outrunner, than the one above which is an inrunner with a higher Kv. The manual does mention a 6S motor but says it's also an outrunner.

One other thing, the plane looks a lot like the Avanti S. The Avanti has a real tendency to tip and drag the wings. I wonder if it would be possible to flip the wheels on the Banshee, left and right, and then bend the gear support rod 180 degrees so the wheels are further out. You'd probably get 2 or 3 inches wider stance. I don't have much experience bending steel rods like that. Wonder if you'd have to heat it up somehow before bending or maybe twisting it.
                                  I received mine this morning. Very good quality and just nice. Two small picks, there is a small bit of green overspray on the horizontal stab and the green pain is rubbery and it rubbed off where I was screwing in the wing screws. But the paint and decals are really nice. One awesome thing is they paint the white, it's not bare foam.

This has an all new power system. On a fresh charge the stock system is 57.14A, 867.9W and produces 980g of thrust. On a 40A ESC... Not sure about what that will mean to people flying a lot of full throttle.

But I pulled the 4S system out and plopped a 6S system in it.50.88A, 1204.8W and 1440g of thrust. AWESOME.

I also put in a 9Ch receiver and have full span ailerons and tailerons as well as steering on it's own channel. The throws in the manual, especially elevator look crazy high to me, not sure about that. Will report back on throws and CG.

Batteries are charging. Wish me luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DF2EB750-122B-4339-989F-CD8A96BFB1B1.jpg
Views:	2092
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	356636Click image for larger version

Name:	0EA995F2-D561-4203-B47D-550F13653C72.jpg
Views:	2050
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	356637Click image for larger version

Name:	9D67E50C-B7F9-4D32-AF85-F17E5EDF0FC9.jpg
Views:	2064
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	356638Click image for larger version

Name:	7EEE20BA-1F8E-4950-A646-327BB894B8A6.jpg
Views:	2037
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	356639Click image for larger version

Name:	4FC16029-D56C-46B9-8333-82B4356234D3.jpg
Views:	2013
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	356640Click image for larger version

Name:	DABCD4FD-1B65-441A-9A4A-BF730A875813.jpg
Views:	2050
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	356641

BTW I charged a 5S battery to try the stock fan/ motor on a 6S ESC but in my haste forgot to try it. Probably good as the stock motor was hot just doing the few seconds of testing I did on 4S.​

Comment

As a related thing on the 6S setup, I've been fiddling with my FW 64mm F18, the 4S version. I felt like it was really underpowered so I had a 2400 mAh, 4S Hyperion HVLI battery sitting around and stuck it in and it flew a lot better. I tried to order a couple more from Hyperion but they've discontinued that line. But they had closeouts and I got a 2400, 5S HVLI and the plane flew great with it. The motor takes it just fine which was my biggest concern. It's the same weight as the Admiral 4S 2500 50C "pro" battery. I tried to order a couple more of those but now they're gone too so I just ordered a pair of Hyperion 2800mAh, 5S, 30C, HVLI batteries. The weight is 320 grams which is about 25 grams more than the 4S, 2500 mAh Admiral. Shouldn't matter much. If I get a Banshee I'll probably just stick with the 4S motor and fly with those 5S HVLI's (if the ESC can take 5S)

Comment

The F-16 has a different motor and fan surprisingly. My F-16 is also converted to 6S, same as the Banshee now. I also added two servos to have separate ailerons and elevators. Love the F-16.

Comment

As a note on my 5S usage on that 4S F18, I don't fly full throttle much, only as needed for practicing aerobatic maneuvers. So I would guess that I'm averaging around 1/2 to 2/3 throttle with only short bursts of full.

Comment

Working...
                                        X