Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great !! Glad to hear this. Got mine ordered and waiting to come in.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	359305 ​Decided to FPV the Banchee !! DJIG0013
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice video. While you have the nose off take out that metal weight and rebalance the plane.

Comment

Thanks Evan. That's what I did. weight was 21 grams. Did have to position the 2300 4S battery all the way forward to obtain correct balance. AUW is 1150 grams. Sound heavy ?

Comment

Loving this Banshee with FPV. Had a 10-12 mph headwind this morning, but had to try out the Banshee again !!! Took out the 25 gm. nose weight, and had to place 2300 4S battery all the way forward. Practicing take offs and landings as i'm new to EDF. (126) Freewing Banshee FPV Cisne Il. 10-22-22 - YouTube

Comment

Good flying!

I didn't see your post before about heavy, no not at all, mine is 1185g (on 6S).

Comment

Originally posted by Jetbird View Post
                What happen to Alpha, hope the Covid didnt get him
                Off topic. Irrelevant to the thread. Give it a rest.

Comment

Duplicate.

Comment

After a long wait mine finally arrived in the UK, just in time for the wet and windy weather🙄
                    Attached Files

Comment

Too bad you don’t live down under

Comment

This post is for Evan D. I read where you said the CG lines are nose heavy and that you balance it about 5/8" back of the lines. Is this for a 6S system or is it the same for the 4S system?

Comment

The same. It’s based on the center of lift of the airframe so unless you change the wing shape or location or something it’s the same.

the stock spot is safe if you want to try it and see how it feels for you.

Comment

Any need to mix elevator with flaps on this bird?

Comment

I show the very slightest bit of up. I have mine set up in modes where I have separate trims depending on flap position. It's not a standard flap mix or setting in the flap menu. From no flaps to max I see a 2 digit increase in the number in my servo set up screen, I doubt the elevator is even moving.

Comment

Great, thanks.

Comment

Had a brief break in the UK weather yesterday and managed to maiden the Banshee.
                                  Started off with CG on the marks, but she wanted to nose down. Moved it back slightly and she flew very nicely, not super fast, but very steady in flight. It was perfectly calm.

Here's a brief video, nothing fancy, just feeling her out. Flew around six packs in total.

Comment

Nice flight !!!

Comment

Greetings all. I just received my Banshee and it's my first edf. I have her all assembled and have run into a problem with thrust. When I advance the throttle all I'm getting is reverse thrust. I have not set up a switch for reverse thrust yet as I really had not planned to use it at first. I'm using a Spektrum AR620 receiver with a Spektrum NX8 transmitter. Am I doing something wrong or have I plugged something in wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by morganjw1 View Post
                                        Greetings all. I just received my Banshee and it's my first edf. I have her all assembled and have run into a problem with thrust. When I advance the throttle all I'm getting is reverse thrust. I have not set up a switch for reverse thrust yet as I really had not planned to use it at first. I'm using a Spektrum AR620 receiver with a Spektrum NX8 transmitter. Am I doing something wrong or have I plugged something in wrong?
                                        Did you plug in the reverse ESC lead into the RX? If so, which channel did you plug it into? And what switch is associated with that channel? You may not have set up a switch for reverse, but depending on which channel you plugged it into, it may be defaulted to a switch anyway. Find out which switch that might be and flip the switch and see what happens.
                                        According to the manual, if you didn’t plug the reverse lead into the RX, the throttle shouldn’t work the way it’s supposed to.
                                        (PS. I do not have this plane, just read the manual. My experience with reverse stems from other EDFs where I’ve added reverse.) Hopefully, someone who has this plane will respond to you.

Comment

Think you need both reverse and forward ESC leads plugged in for it to function correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                          X