X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xviper View Post
    Did you plug in the reverse ESC lead into the RX? If so, which channel did you plug it into? And what switch is associated with that channel? You may not have set up a switch for reverse, but depending on which channel you plugged it into, it may be defaulted to a switch anyway. Find out which switch that might be and flip the switch and see what happens.
    According to the manual, if you didn’t plug the reverse lead into the RX, the throttle shouldn’t work the way it’s supposed to.
    (PS. I do not have this plane, just read the manual. My experience with reverse stems from other EDFs where I’ve added reverse.) Hopefully, someone who has this plane will respond to you.
    Thanks for the info. I did have both plugs in different channels but had not set up a separate switch for reverse as I had not planned to use it due to our runway being very long. I plan to set up the switch today when I have a chance. Thank you for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by morganjw1 View Post

Thanks for the info. I did have both plugs in different channels but had not set up a separate switch for reverse as I had not planned to use it due to our runway being very long. I plan to set up the switch today when I have a chance. Thank you for the info.
      I'll ask again ....................................... Which channel did you plug the reverse lead into? Depending on which channel you used, you may not have to set up the switch. It may already be set up by default. It simply may be in the wrong position. Oh, and what radio are you using?

Comment

I'll ask again ....................................... Which channel did you plug the reverse lead into? Depending on which channel you used, you may not have to set up the switch. It may already be set up by default. It simply may be in the wrong position. Oh, and what radio are you using?
        I had channel 5 open (usually for gear) so I used that for the reverse plug. I have all of my other planes throttle cut set up on the A switch and thats what is showing defaulted to. I'm thinking I just need to go in and set up a different switch.

Comment

Originally posted by morganjw1 View Post

I had channel 5 open (usually for gear) so I used that for the reverse plug. I have all of my other planes throttle cut set up on the A switch and thats what is showing defaulted to. I'm thinking I just need to go in and set up a different switch.
          Then your reverse has been defaulted to the channel 5 gear switch. If you are also using that switch for throttle cut, then that is a conflict. Generally speaking, Throttle Cut is assigned to switch H on Spektrum. Put your TC on switch H and I'll bet your gear switch will be dedicated to only reverse and you will get normal thrust back in one of the positions. If you have only a 6-ch RX, then assigning reverse to another switch may not be possible because you've taken up all the channels. Switch H is usually for throttle cut and thus, does not use up another channel, leaving ch-5 free for only reverse. If you don't want to use reverse, then you'll have to play with the servo travel on that channel so both switch positions does the same thing - ie, forward thrust and NO reverse. You still can't use that same switch for both reverse and TC.

Comment

Then your reverse has been defaulted to the channel 5 gear switch. If you are also using that switch for throttle cut, then that is a conflict. Generally speaking, Throttle Cut is assigned to switch H on Spektrum. Put your TC on switch H and I'll bet your gear switch will be dedicated to only reverse and you will get normal thrust back in one of the positions. If you have only a 6-ch RX, then assigning reverse to another switch may not be possible because you've taken up all the channels. Switch H is usually for throttle cut and thus, does not use up another channel, leaving ch-5 free for only reverse. If you don't want to use reverse, then you'll have to play with the servo travel on that channel so both switch positions does the same thing - ie, forward thrust and NO reverse. You still can't use that same switch for both reverse and TC.
            Got it. I'm going to work on it later today. I really appreciate the info.

Comment

That worked. Everything working as it should. Huge thanks for the help!

Comment

As some may know I put a Arrows 6S fan and a different ESC in mine when I first built it. Free Wing came out with a series of new fans and the Banshee got one, the lowest power on of the series. These are really 65mm where the older fans were 63mm (it makes a difference) Anyway the new series had a low and high power outrunner and a low and high power inrunner.

I ordered the new high power 2500kV inrunner and upgraded sprung gear from RC Castle and got them today.

Numbers… stock low power 4S out runner was 57A 870W 990g thrust
                The Arrows 6S was 49A 1135W 1290g thrust
                Now it's 75A 1670W 1590g thrust

70% increase over stock. 50+g heavier.

The new gear are very nice but add another 27g.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	9D1BDA59-677E-419B-892B-0B1168D74768.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	362585Click image for larger version

Name:	F74414B9-A77B-4FB9-8F17-6F80BBEC5C14.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	362586

Comment

We have Banshee 6S upgrade power systems on the way for anyone who wants to make their Banshee insane! Specifically, we have a 2949-2300Kv motor with 12B fan which requires an upgrade to a 50A ESC. For those that want true Banshee insanity we have a 2949-2500kV motor with 12B EDF which requires an upgrade to a 60A ESC.

Comment

Caution to those going to the fans Tom just posted about. First they are 6S fans and the stock Banshee ESC is up to 4S. A 6S capable ESC is mandatory.

Second the 2300 draws a maximum 42A OUT of the aircraft. It will draw significantly more in the aircraft and a 50A 6S ESC should be fine but the 2500 in my Banshee is drawing just under 75A on a fresh charge so I suggest more than a 60A 6S ESC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      We have Banshee 6S upgrade power systems on the way for anyone who wants to make their Banshee insane! Specifically, we have a 2949-2300Kv motor with 12B fan which requires an upgrade to a 50A ESC. For those that want true Banshee insanity we have a 2949-2500kV motor with 12B EDF which requires an upgrade to a 60A ESC.
                      No plans for a PNP 6s version of the Banshee?

Comment

I had not planned on a 6S PNP Banshee. The original goal was to make a great flying sport jet which is easy to transport and reasonably priced. A 6S version does not change the "easy to transport" part but it does change the price. That said, if it is something all of you want, I can make it happen. At this point, it would be a post new year holiday project. Freewing is already going to be very busy until they shut down for their holiday. After their time off, they will be back in Feb which means it would be spring before we see it. It should be fairly easy to add a second version if the demand is there from all of you.

Comment

I had not planned on a 6S PNP Banshee. The original goal was to make a great flying sport jet which is easy to transport and reasonably priced. A 6S version does not change the "easy to transport" part but it does change the price. That said, if it is something all of you want, I can make it happen. At this point, it would be a post new year holiday project. Freewing is already going to be very busy until they shut down for their holiday. After their time off, they will be back in Feb which means it would be spring before we see it. It should be fairly easy to add a second version if the demand is there from all of you.
                          "If you build it, they will come."

Comment

Tom, please consider adding the spring loaded trailing landing gear. It really makes the Banshee land better.

Comment

Question for you guys. If we do a 6S version, should it have the basic landing gear or upgraded shock absorbing landing gear with trailing links (which again makes it more $$ so think about your answers carefully)? We can always add shock absorbing landing gear as an optional upgrade instead of including it as well.

Comment

Question for you guys. If we do a 6S version, should it have the basic landing gear or upgraded shock absorbing landing gear with trailing links (which again makes it more $$ so think about your answers carefully)? We can always add shock absorbing landing gear as an optional upgrade instead of including it as well.
                                I think make the whole plane a "high performance version" much like you did with the 70mm Bae Hawk and F16. Include the highest power 6s system and the trailing links. As long as you don't creep too close to the Vulcan price, I'd be in.

Comment

I agree.

I really like my 2500 6S inrunner powered Banshee with upgraded gear but I am pretty sure there are few (maybe just the two I bought the parts for) flying like this....

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I think make the whole plane a "high performance version" much like you did with the 70mm Bae Hawk and F16. Include the highest power 6s system and the trailing links. As long as you don't creep too close to the Vulcan price, I'd be in.

Comment

Number 2 after the unfortunate crash last weekend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D8DDD157-753A-49A5-BA94-3510F3BAC24D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.3 KB ID:	363170

Comment

Where can i find the freewing 2500kv 6s edf? Cant find it online for sale.

Comment

I got two from RC Castle but they don't show them any more. Motion says they have them coming but don't show them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Delauze1 View Post
                                          Where can i find the freewing 2500kv 6s edf? Cant find it online for sale.
                                          Ali Express, China, type in search Freewing 64mm 6s edf . in uk £46 plus tax delivered

Comment

Working...
                                          X