• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Mig-21s with SPRD-99 mod. First time we flew together and it was a blast

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Comment

• Still no any news about new version same size but more details or even 90mm one?

hope they put something out, shame to see this iconic model fade from motion store :(

Comment

• Just wanted to touch base with the forum and see if anyone has experience what I have with the MIG21. I. Fairly new to the model and have been flying it with the wing tanks on to help with orientation. What I experienced was a pronounced pitch up tendency when the power is off. That and having to feed in down elevator on landing made thing sporting to land nicely to the point of where I was going to sell the plane. I tried moving the CG to various locations and flap/elv mixes to help but had no luck.

I’m not sure why I didn’t try before but I decided to fly with out the drop tanks to see if that made a difference. And low and behold, she was a different beast! No pitch ups at no/low power. Once I nailed down the flap/elv mix she is a sweetheart to land and I love the way she flies. Def a keeper!! The nav lights and Afterburner lights I installed help with orientation and the general look of awesomeness!

cheers,
          HT

Comment

• I have a buddy who has used one of the tanks as a center mounted tank.

Comment

• I never flew mine without the tanks actually but I loved the way the Mig landed, it will pitch up a little and you can actually bring it in that way really slow high AOA all the way to the landing, I think it was one of the best jets to practice high Alpha passes with actually, are you bringing it in kind of flat and then flare??

Comment

• I typically fly mine with a centerline tank and two rocket pods on the wings. It fly’s great either way, I have no flap elevator mix but I spent quite a bit of time working the CG. I filed in the CG by observing what the nose did in a turn , nose down (nose heavy) nose up (tail heavy) . I have hundreds of flites on it . I really like this bird.

Comment

• I found the jet to be a little more draggy with both tanks. So, went to just a centerline and voila!, whole new bird! Easy to see and still slick. And it flies great without any tanks. Just harder to see.
                  Attached Files
                  Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Got to have those tanks on, I don't know what it is about those drop tanks and missles or rockets but I have to fly mine all loaded up.....

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	383723Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	383724
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	383725

Comment

• Here's one of my flight at a recent EDF meeting in Bavaria, Germany

Comment

• 8 minute flight!
                          next time I will attack 9 min and even hope to reach 10 minute flight if I use taxi tank for startup and max power test before takeoff,
                          which I always do just to be sure all is ok. and that now uses around 7% of fuel onboard
                          so I takeoff with 93% and land with 27%

Name:	SnapShot(11)55.jpg
Views:	3141
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	385984

Name:	SnapShot(11)2.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	385985

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	385986

Name:	SnapShot(11).jpg
Views:	213
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	385987

Comment

• Freewing Mig-21, never gets boring !!!

Comment

• Hey,

I wanted this plane for a while and a used one finally went up for sale. I'm ready for maiden, and would like to know you guys' throws and elevator mix with the flaps before I do it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X