X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCORSAIR You don't have them anymore?

nuts-n-volts Yours does look good! Do they make assan brakes small enough for the Mig21??

Comment

• Thanks guys, she's definitely a favorite.

SanExup, I just ordered them a few days ago as that was the first time I had seen them listed. Yes, there are different sizes with different axle sizes. For the -21 I ordered the "Assan 60mm V2 Anti-sideslip Electric Brake System With 4.0 Wheel Axial with AG63 Gyro" from RC-Castle. I'm on hold with that as they are back-ordered. In fact, I just checked, I don't see them listed right now on the site at all. But, Raymond told me he'd get them to me later this month. I already use the little Assan AG61 nose gear steering gyro in a bunch of my jets and it works flawlessly. I'm hoping these brakes/gyro fit the MiG and give great results.
      Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Comment

• Hey Guys,

Finally back on HSq forums after a while frequenting other unnamed RC…Groups.. 😉

Just got my hands on a blue MIG21 the other day.. See it on motion for years but was never really interested until now.. Super excited about getting it together! Working my way through the pages slowly.. Its a ArF version but I have an 80mm FMS 2000kv fan I’ve been itching to use. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding lighting kits for the jet? The brighter the better! I had a couple of kits from HK which are ok but not overly bright..

Cheers,
          HT

Comment

• Why did they discontinue such an iconic jet?

Comment

• It's a great flyer, sad to hear it's discontinued. I'm happy to have it complete with spare parts.

I use the Multiplex power light on my MiG. Works fine in bad weather/light conditions and from sunset to night. I can recommend to install the two landing lights in the landing gear bay, behind the wheel and with a slight angle to the ground. If it's too dark to see the ground, you can see the ground coming near a meter above the ground, enough for a nice flare and smooth touchdown.

Timo

Comment

• Yeah very sad it’s been discontinued, it must not have been selling very well. I’d never really considered buying one until they discontinued it, then I suddenly had to have one. Managed to snag an ARF before the last few disappeared. I’ll just drop the regular Freewing HP fan/motor/ESC in when I’m ready to put it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark 2 View Post
                  Yeah very sad it’s been discontinued, it must not have been selling very well. .
                  Someone from Motion RC said it's the website that's wrong... so maybe it isn't discontinued.

Comment

• It;s been discontinued.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timo View Post
                      It's a great flyer, sad to hear it's discontinued. I'm happy to have it complete with spare parts.

I use the Multiplex power light on my MiG. Works fine in bad weather/light conditions and from sunset to night. I can recommend to install the two landing lights in the landing gear bay, behind the wheel and with a slight angle to the ground. If it's too dark to see the ground, you can see the ground coming near a meter above the ground, enough for a nice flare and smooth touchdown.

Timo

Thanks Timo,

I’ll check out those lights..

My mig is almost ready for its maiden! Just going to adjust throws, check CG and she’ll be G2G!

cheers,

HT

Comment

• And range check, set a kill switch, calibrate the ESC and set a failsafe?

Comment

• My name is Jose Morales and I fly at CCRC in Georgia. This is my new custom painted Mig-21 project in Cuban camo scheme. I got this Freewing Mig-21 from a friend who wreck it. I repaired the wings and fuselage using foam glues and CA, minnwaxed it 4 times and sprayed 3 coats of primer before painting it with Tamiya spray colors. I also drew all the panel lines and chipped the paint. Besides that, I also used oil artist paints for the oil and fuel streaks. It flies great, specially when it scrambles to intercept capitalist enemy aircraft!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose Morales View Post
                            My name is Jose Morales and I fly at CCRC in Georgia. This is my new custom painted Mig-21 project in Cuban camo scheme. I got this Freewing Mig-21 from a friend who wreck it. I repaired the wings and fuselage using foam glues and CA, minnwaxed it 4 times and sprayed 3 coats of primer before painting it with Tamiya spray colors. I also drew all the panel lines and chipped the paint. Besides that, I also used oil artist paints for the oil and fuel streaks. It flies great, specially when it scrambles to intercept capitalist enemy aircraft!
                            Looks Awesome! Nice work.

Comment

• The Cuban mig rocks , nicely done

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20230615_111317.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.3 KB ID:	379813Click image for larger version  Name:	20230615_111106.jpg Views:	0 Size:	243.4 KB ID:	379812

Comment

• Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20230618_190848-EDIT.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	380031Click image for larger version

Name:	20230618_190855-EDIT.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	380032Click image for larger version

Name:	20230618_164839-EDIT.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	380033

Comment

• And here's another 8S powered cool looking Mig-21

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Loving this jet! Got some lights from the Eflite Maul installed and an afterburner light which helps orientation in grey conditions.

Here’s a quick vid of mine..

Winner of a jet! Can’t believe I overlooked it for so long.

cheers,
                                          HT

Comment

Working...
                                          X