Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yak 130 90mm

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yak 130 90mm

This is great news from Motion in 8S, 6S and ARF plus versions!!!!

All Radio Control RC Model Airplanes Motion RC is your trusted number one hobby shop to take off and hit the horizon. You will find radio controlled model airplanes suited for every skill level, from Beginner to Intermediate to Advanced and Expert. Whether you’re looking for your first electric RC airplane and need exp

Yes I agree this will get me to get one now I love freewing jets!!! I will just have to find some pilots for it though.

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
      Yes I agree this will get me to get one now I love freewing jets!!! I will just have to find some pilots for it though.
      Yeah, I can fly it for you Brad, Show you how the ID rebel pilots RC....HA, I'm just wishing I could fly right now, figures Murphy's Law. Snow is record for Us. It's just too cold for my ribs.. Matt

Comment

Glad to see this model is staying and that MotionRC is improving the versions available. Now to find the funds to get one in 2017!

Comment

Glad to see the 8s version coming soon, as well as the red scheme! Meanwhile, here's a flight of my buddy Tom's Yak 130. It's the 6s version, and does pretty well in that set-up. He really had to learn how to manage the power levels and flight characteristics on this one. But he has it down!

Comment

The red is such a great looker! I only wish we could get that weight down... Any ideas Freewing?

Comment

Can't wait to get my hands on one of the ARF plus versions. I'll be installing a DS51 HDS fan on 8S. Need to have it ready for the Jet Jam.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
                Can't wait to get my hands on one of the ARF plus versions. I'll be installing a DS51 HDS fan on 8S. Need to have it ready for the Jet Jam.
                That's gonna be a GREAT setup! I have the same in my T-45... Can't wait to see/hear it man!

Comment

We're excited to be offering the 8s version. The Yak-130 really benefit from it, in my opinion.

Alpha10, to answer your question, reducing the model's weight in situ is difficult because it was originally designed to use lots of plastic and metal. Making another mold is out of the question, as we'd never make it back. As Freewing's first "Super Scale" aircraft, that they designed with Ready2Fly, the 90mm Yak-130 has lots of features will look amazing (scale knee struts, doors, and landing lights, etc) but cost a lot in terms of weight and actual cost. Part of the 90mm Yak-130's persistent sales popularity is due to these features, although the power system for the price point never quite matched in my opinion. Which is why we're excited to have been able to negotiate a much lower price for the 6s, and introduce an 8s version as well.

If you're looking to reduce weight and drag, there are a couple minor things you could do, including removing the heavy pilots and the oversized weapons. The pilots are quite heavy, and oversized. I'd recommend lighter, more detailed scale replacements from Chris Wolfe at www.jethangar.com.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                    We're excited to be offering the 8s version. The Yak-130 really benefit from it, in my opinion.

Alpha10, to answer your question, reducing the model's weight in situ is difficult because it was originally designed to use lots of plastic and metal. Making another mold is out of the question, as we'd never make it back. As Freewing's first "Super Scale" aircraft, that they designed with Ready2Fly, the 90mm Yak-130 has lots of features will look amazing (scale knee struts, doors, and landing lights, etc) but cost a lot in terms of weight and actual cost. Part of the 90mm Yak-130's persistent sales popularity is due to these features, although the power system for the price point never quite matched in my opinion. Which is why we're excited to have been able to negotiate a much lower price for the 6s, and introduce an 8s version as well.

If you're looking to reduce weight and drag, there are a couple minor things you could do, including removing the heavy pilots and the oversized weapons. The pilots are quite heavy, and oversized. I'd recommend lighter, more detailed scale replacements from Chris Wolfe at www.jethangar.com.
                    Oh I completely understand and thanks for the insight. I didn't think the pilots could be/were that heavy.

I'll definitely do that, remove the airbrake servo, fly clean, go as light as possible with the ESC and EDF, and step up the 8s power a bit.

Thanks!

Comment

Removing the airbrake servo isn't a bad idea, either. On the original 6s version I had three years ago, and on an 8s Jetfan setup version also, I never used the air brake. If you're going 8s, without pilots, air brake, pylons, and ordnance, you'll have a nice performer.

The real Yak-130 is a wide draggy trainer, so making it a speed demon meets a series of compounding challenges, but I think the above is a good recipe for a satisfying thrust/speed/weight balance for a big foam jet.

Comment

Removing the airbrake servo isn't a bad idea, either. On the original 6s version I had three years ago, and on an 8s Jetfan setup version also, I never used the air brake. If you're going 8s, without pilots, air brake, pylons, and ordnance, you'll have a nice performer.

The real Yak-130 is a wide draggy trainer, so making it a speed demon meets a series of compounding challenges, but I think the above is a good recipe for a satisfying thrust/speed/weight balance for a big foam jet.
                        If I can get it going as well as my DS-51 8s T-45 I'll be happy AND impressed... Although that may be a stretch since I removed the LE slats and airbrakes.

I'll surely give it a shot though!

Comment

I finally had a great landing with the Yak-130. This plane took me awhile to figure out the landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mightywarhoover View Post
                            I finally had a great landing with the Yak-130. This plane took me awhile to figure out the landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4nMiA1yEQY
                            Nice one. So what did you end up doing to tame the landing. looked good.

Comment

I think I heard him verbalize that he was going to shoot the landing without flaps? ;) Maybe that was the key?

Comment

Look at this cool photo of the 90mm FW Yak 130 cockpits in production, taken by Motion's man on the ground in Asia? :Cool:

Shouldn't be long now!

Comment

They're actually on the water now. In fact they have been for a couple weeks or so, we just kept it quiet for a little while. But yes, you're right, it shouldn't be long now! We're making more. These days, "more" seems to be something we're saying at the factory on an hourly basis!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170320_094009.jpg
Views:	1167
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	68108Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170320_094755.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	68109

Name:	IMG_20170320_095450.jpg
Views:	1233
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	68110Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170320_094900.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	68111

Comment

Very cool thats allot of foam their can not wait to see this in action!!!

Comment

They're actually on the water now. In fact they have been for a couple weeks or so, we just kept it quiet for a little while. But yes, you're right, it shouldn't be long now! We're making more. These days, "more" seems to be something we're saying at the factory on an hourly basis!

Man... That red is growing on me. A little 8s Schubie action may be the ticket!

Comment

NICE! If they've been on the water, they should be arriving soon?

Comment

Working...
                                        X