X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
    Nice, putting the Red one together for the Jam with an 8S DS51 setup!
    Sweet! Looking forward to checkin it out Bob! :)

Comment

A few more studio photos:

Comment

Easing through the assembly of this bad boy .. the use of ball link style connectors is very nice. The flaps are really cool. And the mechanics of the full flying stabilizers seems quite robust!

Comment

I'll be curious to see how the dual servo setup works, I'm wondering if the shaft will need lubrication over time?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
            I'll be curious to see how the dual servo setup works, I'm wondering if the shaft will need lubrication over time?
            I've never had good luck with Freewing's dual servo elevators... (Binding etc) I hope this one's better than the one on the A6.

Comment

Exactly, each servo has to be driven by a seperate channel so you can balance the throw. Which i plan to do. I lowered the batter tray to make room for 8S 6000's !

Comment

First flights this AM. What a fantastic flying model!Though I have not flown (or even seen one flown in person) the 6S version, this new 8S version seems to have an abundance of thrust. At least for my scale flying style. Got her trimmed out and focused on getting some in-flight photos. I had the ISO goofed up on my camera though and that combined with the gray morning really limited my yield of good photos. But my daughter did manage a few and we also shot some static photos. A little rain on my parade when the left main would not come down on the second flight? Cycled the gear three times and no love. Didn't want to risk an LVC induced landing so brought her in on her belly on the club's geomat runway. Though I was a bit miffed about scraping up the underside a little and knocking off a few of the under nose mounted scale goodies, she slowed amazingly with full flaps. I held her off in ground effect as long as I could and she really only slid about 75-100 feet or so? Nothing a little touch-up paint won't remedy.

Comment

Nice shots as always Bajora. :Cool:
                  My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Amazing photos!

Comment

Thanks Tommy!

A few more if I may then. :)

Comment

Finally did the maiden on the Yak today! Flew great, but the crosswind got me on landing. Was trying to keep it lined up and got too slow just off the deck. Hit pretty hard (even knocked some ordnance loose), but the stout gear on this bird held up well. No damaged except for my pride! :)
                        Pat

Comment

Yeah my pride still gets a dent or smudge or two now and then too. heh heh

More flights on mine, adding the rails and will slowly arm her up as we go. :cool:

Comment

please tell us if they are still using the end point switch type retracts.. it is time to switch to the jp board amp draw type ones and ditch the switch....

Comment

Put together this video as a part of the review to appear in Model Aviation magazine.

Comment

Great flying bird

Comment

Does the ARF+ version come with speed brake or do you have to add the servo?

Comment

It comes with everything but fan, motor, and ESC.
                                    Pat

Comment

Such a great flying and looking jet. Was very disappointed when the wing separated in flight due to structural failure at the wing plugs, then ripped the carbon fiber tube out through the bottom of the wing. It miraculously wasn't in too bad a shape apart from the wing and horizontal stab the wing took out when it separated. Took some serious engineering with wing plugs from a wrecked F-16 fuse, but made it work and got it up really quick for a gusty "Re'Maiden" today.
                                      Custom printed some rocket pods from APMECH1, just have to print the mounts.

Was a beautiful night with mountain thunderstorms in the distance to re'maiden despite the winds. She sure is a looker.

Comment

The Freewing Yak 130 90mm used by me had the foam under the cockpit canopy already very damaged. That's why I decided to start my biggest 3D drawing project.
                                        Google Translate

Comment

Hello pilots here are the files for download
                                          Download the files for the 3D printed Freewing Yak 130 90mm Cockpit upgrade by rucky Plex;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X