X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
    Guys, just tried a new battery for the first time in my FW 90mm F-16, I was using Pulse 5000 45c lipos before and still do, but right around Christmas time when my wonderful wife asked me what I wanted, I told her to get me one Gensace/Tattu 5000 60c. Today I put it in my TBird F-16 and all I can say is, Wow. It flew way faster with authority, think I will order a couple more. I got easy 3 minutes of some full throttle fun and then some slow flight high alpha flybys. I landed with the cells at 3.79 and just slightly warm, so I may have found a better battery for the F-16, Eurofighter, T-45, these three 90mm jets were hard on my Pulse 5000 45c lipos if you pushed them too much, but I love my Pulse batteries, they have held up very well. You want another crazy thing, the Gensace/Tattu 60c 5000 is smaller and lighter than the Pulse 45c 5000, so I knew this and slid the battery forward about 5mm and it flew perfect, I just love flying the F-16...............;).
    Nice! I've been wanting to try them out. Hmm...

Comment

Sorry about getting off topic and onto batteries. Out of all the EDF jets I have and have flown, the F-16 is still my favorite to fly, period....

Comment

Might have to try one of those as well.. I have been using the Revo Gopacks 5800s and have been having great performance with them as well.

Comment

Sorry about getting off topic and onto batteries. Out of all the EDF jets I have and have flown, the F-16 is still my favorite to fly, period....
          Get a 1550kv Venom... That'll change haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

After seeing one with the 1450kv motor... I was super impressed!! My 1600kv inrunner set up would make this plane even more of a rocket ship!!!
            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

After seeing one with the 1450kv motor... I was super impressed!! My 1600kv inrunner set up would make this plane even more of a rocket ship!!!
              Yeah man! It loves thrust so 12 blade setups are best... Higher rpm speed setups like JetFan, WemoEvo, and Schubies don't really transfer over too well in the Venom.

You should definitely pick one up!

They're so versatile, it's insane. I can practically hover and still do 125mph with my latest Red Swiss Venom and setup. :)

Comment

Yeah man! It loves thrust so 12 blade setups are best... Higher rpm speed setups like JetFan, WemoEvo, and Schubies don't really transfer over too well in the Venom.

You should definitely pick one up!

They're so versatile, it's insane. I can practically hover and still do 125mph with my latest Red Swiss Venom and setup. :)
                I have a Leopard 4082 Inrunner in a Freewing Inrunner housing that would be at home in that plane. It made my F-15 a rocket and could work wonders with the venom!! If I had room for the plane I would get it!! But the next on my list is the T-45....
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I have a Leopard 4082 Inrunner in a Freewing Inrunner housing that would be at home in that plane. It made my F-15 a rocket and could work wonders with the venom!! If I had room for the plane I would get it!! But the next on my list is the T-45....
                  Nice! Yeah, the T-45 is a great plane, but it needs 8s to move decently and even still, it's draggy and heavy. (Not as bad as the 90mm F-16 though)

I love my gorgeous T-45, but if I had to chose between the two if wouldn't even be debatable. : )

Comment

No thank you, I don't want nothing to do with that ugly thing. Glad you guys enjoy it but it does nothing for me, glad Freewing makes all kinds of these EDF jets, because we don't like all the same ones...lol

Comment

Agreed on the T-45. It looks great on the ground and flying scale, but it needs some serious upgrading of the power system to be a good flyer. With full flaps and gear down, it needs full power to stay in the air.

The best part about flying that plane is taking off and landing. Landing with high alpha....the plane looks great, and it's really fun and challenging to master.

Comment

Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                        Agreed on the T-45. It looks great on the ground and flying scale, but it needs some serious upgrading of the power system to be a good flyer. With full flaps and gear down, it needs full power to stay in the air.

The best part about flying that plane is taking off and landing. Landing with high alpha....the plane looks great, and it's really fun and challenging to master.
                        All planes require adapting to their flying characteristics. My buddy flies his T-45 with none of the issues noted!! It has more power than all but the Venom in stock set up!! I will need to get a video of this one as well....

Comment

No thank you, I don't want nothing to do with that ugly thing. Glad you guys enjoy it but it does nothing for me, glad Freewing makes all kinds of these EDF jets, because we don't like all the same ones...lol
                          Haha! I love it... Now the MIG21 is possibly the ugliest plane I've ever seen lol

Comment

Haha! I love it... Now the MIG21 is possibly the ugliest plane I've ever seen lol
                            Have you ever seen the X-32? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                              Have you ever seen the X-32? ;)
                              STILL not as ugly as the MIG21 lol

Comment

The X-32 was pretty ugly. Rumor has it that's one of the main reasons it lost out to the X-35. It has to look like a fighter plane.

Gooniac33....love the pic of the T-45 and F-15. Very nice!

Comment

The X-32 was stealthier, faster, and more capable than the X-35.

But to get back on subject...I have a 90mm F-16 in the wishlist for later in the year.
                                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Well, X-32 had a max airspeed of 1.6 Mach versus 1.5 Mach for the X-35. But, the X-35 had a much longer range (almost double) for most missions. And the bigger issue was that the X-32 had a last minute design change in wing/tail configs, but the prototype was already built with the delta wing config. So, the aircraft that was being tested wasn't even the same config as what was planned for the final production model. The photo on the ground is a mockup of the production version, versus the one in flight. In addition, it was heavier than planned, and all of the gear doors had to be removed in order to accomplish a hover. But, that's just I'm also a bit baised since I know several people who were on the X-35 team. No matter who won, I doubt it would have been a less challenging road to development for either company, it's an extremely demanding RFP to meet.

And Seaviper, you will love the F-16, it does not disappoint! Looks amazing in the air and the ground, easily one of the most detailed jets that Freewing has built to date.

Comment

Well, X-32 had a max airspeed of 1.6 Mach versus 1.5 Mach for the X-35. But, the X-35 had a much longer range (almost double) for most missions. And the bigger issue was that the X-32 had a last minute design change in wing/tail configs, but the prototype was already built with the delta wing config. So, the aircraft that was being tested wasn't even the same config as what was planned for the final production model. The photo on the ground is a mockup of the production version, versus the one in flight. In addition, it was heavier than planned, and all of the gear doors had to be removed in order to accomplish a hover. But, that's just I'm also a bit baised since I know several people who were on the X-35 team. No matter who won, I doubt it would have been a less challenging road to development for either company, it's an extremely demanding RFP to meet.

And Seaviper, you will love the F-16, it does not disappoint! Looks amazing in the air and the ground, easily one of the most detailed jets that Freewing has built to date.
                                      It's VERY nice to look at :)

Comment

Just picked up a pretty well priced inrunner over on RCG, looking forward to seeing what the performance difference is with it installed.

Comment

Just picked up a pretty well priced inrunner over on RCG, looking forward to seeing what the performance difference is with it installed.
                                          Nice! You'll pick up a little vertical, but it's going to cost you a bit of flight time and the weight doesn't exactly help the F-16s situation. : /

I'd recommend the FMS 1900kv 12 blader as it weighs only 336g and puts out 3.5kg... Much lighter and just as powerful. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X