X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

Nice! You'll pick up a little vertical, but it's going to cost you a bit of flight time and the weight doesn't exactly help the F-16s situation. : /

I'd recommend the FMS 1900kv 12 blader as it weighs only 336g and puts out 3.5kg... Much lighter and just as powerful. :)
    Thanks for the advice, just looked at it and almost regretting buying the inrunner now.. I paid a very similar price for it. I noticed the background of the promo shots for it has an F-35B.. I really hope that's a hint at whats next!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks for the advice, just looked at it and almost regretting buying the inrunner now.. I paid a very similar price for it. I noticed the background of the promo shots for it has an F-35B.. I really hope that's a hint at whats next!
      You bet! Me too! :)

Honestly, I'd sell the 1680 inrunner for a little profit and jump on a $70-$75 FMS unit without hesitation.

It's a win win man... Cheaper, lighter, more flight time, and just as powerful with a better power to weight ratio that the F-16 drastically needs.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's literally close to half the weight.

I'm running it in a couple planes and it REALLY moves my lightweight Venom well... 135mph~

Cheers!

Comment

Just ordered the FMS unit, looking forward to seeing the performance! I am hoping to get a bit closer to the vertical performance of the full scale. Thanks again for the tip Alpha10! I was able to cancel my order of the inrunner just before it shipped, and redirected the funds to this one :).

Comment

Within the next couple weeks I will be getting an F-16 Thunderbird and adding my 4082 1600kv inrunner unit. Will do that after my trip to hawaii..... WOOO HOOOOOOOO!
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Just ordered the FMS unit, looking forward to seeing the performance! I am hoping to get a bit closer to the vertical performance of the full scale. Thanks again for the tip Alpha10! I was able to cancel my order of the inrunner just before it shipped, and redirected the funds to this one :).
            NICE man! I'm glad to hear it! LMK how you like it! :)

Comment

I don't think the T-45 and F-16 are underpowered. They fly differently than lighter ships. I guess I am biased as I grew up flying heavily wing loaded types. Never had a park flyer of any kind.
              Anyway, I will acquire a 90mm F-16 hopefully later in the year. The goal is to repaint it. My first F-16 was the Yellow Aircraft DF back in 1994. All vipers fly good and look good too. But they look better in camo.

Gooniac I love your videos man. Also URRL (buddy). Good stuff. Keem em coming.
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                I don't think the T-45 and F-16 are underpowered. They fly differently than lighter ships. I guess I am biased as I grew up flying heavily wing loaded types. Never had a park flyer of any kind.
                Anyway, I will acquire a 90mm F-16 hopefully later in the year. The goal is to repaint it. My first F-16 was the Yellow Aircraft DF back in 1994. All vipers fly good and look good too. But they look better in camo.

Gooniac I love your videos man. Also URRL (buddy). Good stuff. Keem em coming.
                100% agreed about those birds.... And you are welcome!! When the weather clears there will be more!!
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Just put 2 flights on the F-16 with the FMS fan, and it is a great improvement! Lighter, more powerful, and I am getting longer flight times. Landed at 3:20 with 40% left in my Revo Gopack 5800. Very satisfied as the vertical has definitely improved over stock. Just need to relocate the battery strap backward a bit now so I can scoot back the battery more, since both flights were still noseheavy.

Comment

A quick video I threw together with some air to air test footage from a buddy's Phantom 3 while I was flying the F-16:

Comment

Just put 2 flights on the F-16 with the FMS fan, and it is a great improvement! Lighter, more powerful, and I am getting longer flight times. Landed at 3:20 with 40% left in my Revo Gopack 5800. Very satisfied as the vertical has definitely improved over stock. Just need to relocate the battery strap backward a bit now so I can scoot back the battery more, since both flights were still noseheavy.
                      Sweet! I'm glad you took my advice man! Happy to hear it! : )

It's a great option and a killer value! Super lightweight too! Their 80mm is incredible at only 300g... SMOKES the FW 1820kv setup. ; )

Comment

Hey all, first post here at hobbysquak. Since I've only found limited info on this 90mm F-16 flying on a delta wing setup, here is a video of me getting to test out my delta configuration. I've actually got some messages from some people regarding my setup(on rcgroups and youtube). Honestly, using tailerons and flaps for approach makes this jet on par with the FW F-15 on landings, IMO. Minimal ballooning if any at all. This we me flying at a new field with a nice big 600ft runway. I'm used to trying to land her on a 250ft runway at my home station club. This is a 6s outrunner with jp brakes as well. Soon to be 8s :)

Comment

HI Kiefff, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Nice video you have there, thanks for posting it. 600 feet of runway is nice, too! Do you have any elevator mixing with your flaperon setup? It seems to need a touch of up to lock into a stable flare on final up to touchdown.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Kiefff View Post
                            Hey all, first post here at hobbysquak. Since I've only found limited info on this 90mm F-16 flying on a delta wing setup, here is a video of me getting to test out my delta configuration. I've actually got some messages from some people regarding my setup(on rcgroups and youtube). Honestly, using tailerons and flaps for approach makes this jet on par with the FW F-15 on landings, IMO. Minimal ballooning if any at all. This we me flying at a new field with a nice big 600ft runway. I'm used to trying to land her on a 250ft runway at my home station club. This is a 6s outrunner with jp brakes as well. Soon to be 8s :)
                            Nice! Welcome to the Squak!

Flying with tailerons and flaps is a great setup for this one... I ran about 24-26% up EL with my flaps and it made for VERY scale and throttle only landings. (No elevator needed)

It DID make the roll a little less snappy, even with high rates, but not enough to complain about. :)

Comment

just ordered my F-16 today!
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Your going to love it, just fly it stock as it comes out of the box, you don't have to change a thing, you don't need tailerons or flaps, you just need to set it up correctly and put some flights on it, once you learn to control the power on final, it's a baby to land.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                  Your going to love it, just fly it stock as it comes out of the box, you don't have to change a thing, you don't need tailerons or flaps, you just need to set it up correctly and put some flights on it, once you learn to control the power on final, it's a baby to land.
                                  exactly!! It flies great when you set it up right which make take a couple flights. I went through and totally checked over my F-15 and realized that there were some issues with how I had set it up. Once I fixed that it picked up quite a bit of speed with my modded set up. I am sure that with a stock set up it would have suffered pretty badly. Flaps are flat now, ailerons are flat and so is the tail. No extra drag and it flies great. The F-16 will be the same for sure. I will be getting one soon as well...

Comment

A quick video I threw together with some air to air test footage from a buddy's Phantom 3 while I was flying the F-16:
                                    SUCH a great looking jet fully loaded... Nice man! I allllllmost miss mine haha!

Comment

I am new here and just have a question . I just got the 90mm Freewing F 16 and after 3 flights when I use my landing gear it causes all my control surfaces to go crazy and of course it resulted in a bad crash . Any idea what might be happening here ? I got the plane from Motion RC and have contacted them and waiting for a reply from them .

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketdog58 View Post
                                        I am new here and just have a question . I just got the 90mm Freewing F 16 and after 3 flights when I use my landing gear it causes all my control surfaces to go crazy and of course it resulted in a bad crash . Any idea what might be happening here ? I got the plane from Motion RC and have contacted them and waiting for a reply from them .
                                        Other than a possible short somewhere the only other thing that came to mind is that you might have had a brown out. That is when the voltage level drops too far to supply enough power for all of the servos. Brown outs typically happen during the operation of the landing gear and flaps. The best way to avoid them is by installing an inexpensive voltage protector that is basically a capacitor that plugs into your receiver.

Comment

I flew my F-16 for the first time in what must be nearly a year! What a great plane. I've got the inrunner version and yes it is a little heavy but I like it like that. To me it feels fast enough. It's a bit more tricky to land than f-15 but still if you have a decent length runway it shouldn't be an issue. If not get brakes! Problem sorted!

Comment

Working...
                                          X