Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possibly, thanks for the tip.

Comment

• My A10 is 3 yrs old, it's my workhorse jet at the field, my only issue is the wing screw holes have worn out as I always remove wing for transpo and storage. As a temporary workaround I had to CA glue the 1 hole, and use a larger thread screw, I do not need to purchase another wing, but I also do not want to crash my workhorse from the wing popping off either. Any suggestions?

Never had a gear issue, as I'm a pretty advance pilot, she floats right in with no flaps needed (I've never installed them).

As the 64mm A10 comes in on final approach, I slightly pull the nose up to bleed off speed and gently touch down. Try not to land her on nose gear, or too fast, I see a lot of newer EDF pilots land so fast, it always breaks something, even with flaps.

For the cockpit I just hand paint the knobs and switched out the pilot, and added a yoke stick as per the scale pit. No weight added, looks great, I even did panel lines and Minwaxed the whole aircraft, and she looks fantastic.

The 64mm A10 can knife edge beautifully also, don't be afraid to try.

I absolutely love this jet, the updated fans sound fantastic with a natural whistle, just needs an update for wing screws.

Comment

• Pics Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2902.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	398160 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8132.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	398161

Comment

• With balsa models, we just fill the offending hole with wood. A hardwood dowel works best, but in a foam plane maybe balsa would be fine? Glue the wood in place, mark where you need the screw hole & drill. Tap the hole with the screw you want to use, then apply a couple of drops of thin CA in the hole to harden the wood threads. Once that CA dries, you're good to go.

Comment

Working...
          X