X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
    Here's a couple of close-up shots of the finish on the 64mm A-10. Since I don't have an 80mm model, I can't really say how it compares, but you can draw your own conclusion from the photos.
    Would it be possible to remove the graphics without pulling the paint?
    Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcrc View Post

Would it be possible to remove the graphics without pulling the paint?
      Thanks.
      I haven't tried, but they look fairly conformal. I almost think it would be easier to just do a flat gray "primer" coat of paint, then whatever paint scheme you want, before adding the custom graphics.

Comment

• yes... just paint over them.

Comment

• Need some input please. Debating between this on and the Dynam one.Would this plane fly with 4s 3300 30c's? I see everyone else is running 3600s or bigger, but I all ready have the 3300 from my FJ-2 Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
            Need some input please. Debating between this on and the Dynam one.Would this plane fly with 4s 3300 30c's? I see everyone else is running 3600s or bigger, but I all ready have the 3300 from my FJ-2 Fury.
            the freewing is much more scale and is a better all around kit.
            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

the freewing is much more scale and is a better all around kit.
              But what will my performance be with the batteries I mentioned. Yes, I know it's a better kit, but I really don't want to shell out an extra $150 for batteries.

Comment

• I fly roaring top 3700 45c. Great performance and 3.5 minutes.

Comment

But what will my performance be with the batteries I mentioned. Yes, I know it's a better kit, but I really don't want to shell out an extra $150 for batteries.
                  zero need to spend that kinda money on batteries!! And the ones you listed will work just fine. However these are what I used with really good luck.

ChinaHobbyLine is the official website for CNHL RC Lipo batteries. CNHL aim at providing lithium battery enthusiasts in many countries around the world (US / CA / EU / UK / AU / RU / JP / AE) with high-quality Lipo batteries for RC CAR, FPV drones, we have a lot of cheap lipo batteries for sale, welcome to buy.

ChinaHobbyLine is the official website for CNHL RC Lipo batteries. CNHL aim at providing lithium battery enthusiasts in many countries around the world (US / CA / EU / UK / AU / RU / JP / AE) with high-quality Lipo batteries for RC CAR, FPV drones, we have a lot of cheap lipo batteries for sale, welcome to buy.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Need some input please. Debating between this on and the Dynam one.Would this plane fly with 4s 3300 30c's? I see everyone else is running 3600s or bigger, but I all ready have the 3300 from my FJ-2 Fury.
                    Hey Buddy, Hope your doing well. As a matter of fact, "I" have one of these I'm about to take out and Maiden very soon. People at my club have both the Dynam and the Freewing. They both fly equally well in my opinion, but most of the Dynam folks have glued their landing gear down. I do think you will have a few more issues assembling the Dynam vs the Freewing. Typical Dynam stuff, stupid stuff.

If you spring for the High performance Freewing version, it will come with better fans, 11 or 12 blade I think. I have no issues with the, "Howling Betty fans". I got these in all my Freewing park jets. No issues with performance, but they do sound like a cross between a blow dryer and trash blower. I love flying my F-9 Panther jet, but the sound of the thing does kinda ruin the flying experience a bit, at least for me. I think these fans are the only ones the Dynam can be ordered with.

I would recommend the Freewing high performance A-10. Plenty of power, pretty astonishing actually, really accelerates profoundly when you cobb it. We have done taxi tests, just haven't broke terra firma just yet. As for the batteries?? I would think a 3300 4S would fly it just fine, just a little less air time, and maybe a little nose weight. Maybe not.

Best Regards
                    Woodcock

PS As Hoomi said single best thing you can do is replace the bloated over scale pilot figure in both of these!! Come on Freewing/Dynam, is a proper scale pilot figure really that big a deal!! I don't know why they didn't just leave it out?? None of my park jets even came with a pilot figure. If you would consider leaving the canopy off on all of these planes, I could have put a proper Minion in there as a pilot. I'm going to fly it first, more than a few times before I rip the canopy off and remove Aundry the Giant from the cockpit.

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

zero need to spend that kinda money on batteries!! And the ones you listed will work just fine. However these are what I used with really good luck.

Thank you for your input. The price I said wasn't for one battery, but three. I know it's weird, but I usually take three batteries for each plane I take to the field. And another wierd thing is that every time I've put a China Line battery into a plane, it's either crashed or "captured" by the "plane eating trees" around our field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey Buddy, Hope your doing well. As a matter of fact, "I" have one of these I'm about to take out and Maiden very soon. People at my club have both the Dynam and the Freewing. They both fly equally well in my opinion, but most of the Dynam folks have glued their landing gear down. I do think you will have a few more issues assembling the Dynam vs the Freewing. Typical Dynam stuff, stupid stuff.

If you spring for the High performance Freewing version, it will come with better fans, 11 or 12 blade I think. I have no issues with the, "Howling Betty fans". I got these in all my Freewing park jets. No issues with performance, but they do sound like a cross between a blow dryer and trash blower. I love flying my F-9 Panther jet, but the sound of the thing does kinda ruin the flying experience a bit, at least for me. I think these fans are the only ones the Dynam can be ordered with.

I would recommend the Freewing high performance A-10. Plenty of power, pretty astonishing actually, really accelerates profoundly when you cobb it. We have done taxi tests, just haven't broke terra firma just yet. As for the batteries?? I would think a 3300 4S would fly it just fine, just a little less air time, and maybe a little nose weight. Maybe not.

Best Regards
                        Woodcock

PS As Hoomi said single best thing you can do is replace the bloated over scale pilot figure in both of these!! Come on Freewing/Dynam, is a proper scale pilot figure really that big a deal!! I don't know why they didn't just leave it out?? None of my park jets even came with a pilot figure. If you would consider leaving the canopy off on all of these planes, I could have put a proper Minion in there as a pilot. I'm going to fly it first, more than a few times before I rip the canopy off and remove Aundry the Giant from the cockpit.
                        Thanks for the info. Yes, I'll probably get the Freewing, but I have to get back up to speed yet. Last flight, I was maidening my 64mm F9F and lost it into the "jungle".

Comment

According to the instructions that come with the Freewing 64mm A-10, the smallest recommended battery is a 4S 3000 mAh. That's what I've been using for the fit and balance checks so far, and if you do order one, plan on installing a longer battery strap. The strap that comes with the plane is barely long enough to go around the 3000 battery, let alone anything larger. At that, it hardly has enough overlap contact between the hook side and loop side of the Velcro to seem secure. I plan on putting some Velcro tape down on the battery tray as well, to prevent potential battery sliding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

According to the instructions that come with the Freewing 64mm A-10, the smallest recommended battery is a 4S 3000 mAh. That's what I've been using for the fit and balance checks so far, and if you do order one, plan on installing a longer battery strap. The strap that comes with the plane is barely long enough to go around the 3000 battery, let alone anything larger. At that, it hardly has enough overlap contact between the hook side and loop side of the Velcro to seem secure. I plan on putting some Velcro tape down on the battery tray as well, to prevent potential battery sliding.
                            Oh I ALWAYS put in a Velcro strip, even if it DOES have straps.

Comment

• After read all 180 pages on rc group and this forum I just order one.Going to use admiral 4000, I will be doing gear change I was look at the 70mm f16’s and light are a must, I will most likely use lighting kit from fly zone beaver.

Comment

• Does anyone know what this piece of foam is for. It was in the box. It has one surface painted grey. The rest is white. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000938.JPG
Views:	902
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	214500

Comment

• RCjetdude
                                  RCjetdude commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I think it was just to keep overspray out of the wheel well.

• I believe it is included to plug the nose wheel well if you decide t remove the landing gear and save weight.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• eFlite just brought out a 64mm A-10. One thing I noticed is that it includes a shock-absorbing nose wheel strut, which makes me wonder if that strut could be adapted to the Freewing.

Observations on the eFlite Warthog, after watching a couple of videos:
                                  Same oversized pilot figure problem as the Freewing bird. The pilot is just way too big for the plane.
                                  6S power offers longer flight time and more power for climbs, offset by an accordingly more expensive battery. Larger battery compartment would be nice on the Freewing bird.
                                  The Freewing Maverick missiles don't look great, but are head and shoulders above the eFlite Mavericks.
                                  Many similarities between the Freewing and the eFlite birds, makes me wonder if eFlite developed theirs from the Freewing model.

Comment

• HI, Guys

I rarely look at this forum unless I've purchased one of the models sold by Motion RC and with some exceptions I'm very pleased (if you could check my PP records) and generally tend to be critical on issues that could be easily dealt with with proper QC which, unfortunately, does not always correspond to the views from the MRC videos. So it goes.

My issues with this 64mm A-10 are as follows (most of which have been addressed previously and will hopefully be resolved by the manufacturer):

1) Of course, the "Pumpkin Head" pilot figure. Please, are us from this BS in the future. These "scale" aircraft deserve at least that much, right? I also have to mention that HUD made from a large piece of plastic that looks ridiculous. Personally, I cut it down and glued in a piece of clear plastic to roughly simulate it. Poor replacement but better than what these people supply. Yet another case for a non-glued on canopy.

2) Bottom trailing edges are crude and rude and require some sanding. Flash from the molding process.

3) The "non including flaps" issue. Wherever or not they're desired (or needed) I would pay a few bucks more for their inclusion. Additionally, has anyone remarked on the top of the wing/flap paint when these are flexed? Really messed up and will take some work and paint to clean up if you care about the looks of the plane.

4) There seems to be some plastic piece missing from the forward position of the main gear openings. Just a cheap piece of plastic from what i can see in manual pics. This would at least
                                    level off this opening when the rear are retracted.

5) The WORST part that no one (to my knowledge) has mentioned the flex in the fuselage at the forward point of the motor pods mounting seam. Check it out! I'm pulling some of it apart to add some stiffen ing. Seriously, this is really poor and should have been addressed a long time ago, problems or no problems. I can see a high speed pull-up resulting in a parting of foam or strange unexplained gyrations should this occur. Not good. ALSO, check the twist between the rear fuse and H stab. Needs to be beefed up!!!

6) Any comparisons to the alternate A-10 being offered by Eflite are, in most cases (especially cosmetic) moot since it seems to cost ~$100 more. worth it or not, I'm sure it's a great flying plane. I guess, without too much reservation I'm pretty much a FreeWing/MRC fan.

My little "Fleet":

3 ea. SU-35
                                    2 ea MiG-21
                                    1 ea T-45
                                    1 ea 80mm A-10
                                    1 ea 64mm A-10
                                    1 ea 90mm Venom
                                    1 ea 90mm Stinger 90
                                    1 ea 80mm Avanti S
                                    1 ea 80mm Mirage 3000
                                    1 ea 90mm F-104
                                    1 ea 70mm F-104
                                    1 ea 70mm F-16
                                    1 ea 64mm P.15 "Diana" The best of the group, by far"
                                    1 ea. 64mm MiG 15 "POS"
                                    1 ea. 64mm F-8 "the worst of the lot"

Bob (my opinions only)
                                    Last edited by BobinAZ; May 8, 2020, 06:08 PM. Reason: poor choice of words

Comment

• I really value your feedback and opinions, BobinAZ ! Please consider posting here more often. It's always nice when users can give their opinions based on the wider context of having flown multiple models, especially as they have changed over the years.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                        I really value your feedback and opinions, BobinAZ ! Please consider posting here more often. It's always nice when users can give their opinions based on the wider context of having flown multiple models, especially as they have changed over the years.
                                        Hey, Alpha

Thanks for your views on my little issue with the model.

In my brief experience with foam air frame models, I've found two things relevant to my experiense in dealing with model airplanes,
                                        kits, building from scratch or from exotic kits (think: Proctor Models} I always had the "Jones" for a good, affordable, jet. I first took note of
                                        you guys due to your ad that company was/is founded by military vets. Being a Vet myself (USN 1964-1970) I always favor the Vets even though
                                        your products are primarily (as is everything we use and probably eat) comes from those people. So it goes (for now?

As it turns out, I've purchased "foamies" ever since my first experience with the Freewing Su-35 and haven't really looked back (except I''m really beginning to miss
                                        built up balsa, but of course I'm from a different Universe). I'm absolutely no expert but my first "Jet" was balsa formers and stringers MIJ built up kit (tissue covered).
                                        Power was to be a Cox .020 engine with the supplied fan (stamped aluminum like a fan in a farm windmill). LOL...this was ~ 1960. I don't think it lasted long!

I may have little to contribute to the forum but age-old tips and results of my experience over the years building scale/freeflight/pattern/etc.etc.since 1950, but I'm just saying...I do have some answers
                                        to some questions. You have my phone number/address...get in touch with me! :-)

PS...I have some well known friends in the hobby, but I'm absolutely no expert (except in Nuclear Power Plant safety systems) and I'll do whatever I can attempt to help anyone who may reach out...

Comment

Working...
                                        X