X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

it isn't all that hard. Pretty simple in face since the actual retracts just drop right in. The only thing that you need to change are the mains. They need to be rotated and go in backwards. it sounds funny at first but actually works really well. Make a flat spot for the set screw and they are done. Minimal widening and foam removal needed to make them fit in the nacelles on the wing. The nose gear does require a little opening for the nose wheel but super quick with a dremel tool. Here is a video of them finished product.

Hey Gooniac, cool mod. :Cool: I would like to do the same, just need clarification. Was the gear upgrade from the f-16 or f-5 :Confused:? Thanks for the help. Hey airliner fan, have you taken her up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post

Hey Gooniac, cool mod. :Cool: I would like to do the same, just need clarification. Was the gear upgrade from the f-16 or f-5 :Confused:? Thanks for the help. Hey airliner fan, have you taken her up yet?
      from the 80mm f-5
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Sweet thanks :Music:

Comment

Hey all, what batteries are you running on the A-10? I'm in the market for an EDF and am curious to see what you all are running. stock recommends 3600 but is jumping to the yellow pack admiral 4000's that much of an improvement? What performance changes would you see as you go up higher in MAH? I'm still very new to RC planes and am trying to soak this all up like a sponge! Thanks in advance!

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk Regatoni5 . I've only been running Admiral 3600 pros (yellow packs) in this plane, so I can't give you a comparison 3600 vs 4000. Been very happy with the performance of the 50c rating. I've been getting 3:30 flight times in mixed throttle flight, I try to bring it down before the three minute mark if it has been "gas on" the entire flight. Performance changes as you go up in mah, you are trading off additional weight of the battery versus potential additional flight time. Most folks look to have a higher C rating on the battery for edf's. I'm no expert, but topics on the matter are in the archives here.

Comment

running admiral 4s 4000 myself and had good luck with them

Comment

I'm repairing my front gear every single flight at this point. I really can't figure out how you guys are getting the nice slow flare out of yours. I try that with mine it either stalls or climbs big time. I'm still in the transition phase from prop to EDF and i'm running on about 13 gear repair's at this point. Plane had major damage early in it's life from a failed elevator servo and a failed flap servo. Any tips on getting this thing slowed down and landing right without flaps? Maybe i'm just to nervous on the throttle and keeping it higher than I need to but it's usually always a bounce when main's touch followed by a decent touchdown afterwards and front gear pulls out of foam everytime.

I am starting to wonder if maybe getting the FMS 70mm would be a better one to transition with than this one. Oleo gear's and larger wingspan + much better flap control seems like it would be easier to make the move to.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk4me View Post
                  I'm repairing my front gear every single flight at this point. I really can't figure out how you guys are getting the nice slow flare out of yours. I try that with mine it either stalls or climbs big time. I'm still in the transition phase from prop to EDF and i'm running on about 13 gear repair's at this point. Plane had major damage early in it's life from a failed elevator servo and a failed flap servo. Any tips on getting this thing slowed down and landing right without flaps? Maybe i'm just to nervous on the throttle and keeping it higher than I need to but it's usually always a bounce when main's touch followed by a decent touchdown afterwards and front gear pulls out of foam everytime.

I am starting to wonder if maybe getting the FMS 70mm would be a better one to transition with than this one. Oleo gear's and larger wingspan + much better flap control seems like it would be easier to make the move to.
                  I have not flown an RC A-10 yet but I have flown one in the DCS World simulator plenty of times and it can also bounce on you there on landings. It usually happens the first times I start flying it again. But once I get enough practice in I can pull off good landings.
                  Here is a good tutorial on how to land and A-10C in DCS. If you have a good enough PC I also recommend practicing on DCS. It is free to download but the A-10C is sold separately.
                  Combat Flight Simulator. Realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles, navy ships, world war two vehicles, trains and ships. Free download includes the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It Including a Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D fighter. Over 25 fighter jet aircraft for PC Gaming.test

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I have not flown an RC A-10 yet but I have flown one in the DCS World simulator plenty of times and it can also bounce on you there on landings. It usually happens the first times I start flying it again. But once I get enough practice in I can pull off good landings.
                    Here is a good tutorial on how to land and A-10C in DCS. If you have a good enough PC I also recommend practicing on DCS. It is free to download but the A-10C is sold separately.
                    Combat Flight Simulator. Realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles, navy ships, world war two vehicles, trains and ships. Free download includes the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It Including a Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D fighter. Over 25 fighter jet aircraft for PC Gaming.test

I have Real Flight 7.5 and also Pheonix RC and can land the a-10 just fine in both no bounce whatsoever. The 64mm A-10 just doesn't handle anywhere close to what the SIM does. I got a UMX A-10 I can land on gears or belly without issues to but move over to this thing and it's just like what the crap difference lol.

Comment

if you are climbing on the flair check your cg it may need some weight in the nose to balance it out

Comment

did the maiden flight on the a10 yesterday flew well and reall screems if u go full throttle...lands like a trainer

and then I added the ordence and flew again and it was all out of trim..almost lost it as it got away for a sec or to and to and recovered about 4 or 5 feet off ground ..made a couple of passes by the field and landed..needed a ton of down trim for some reason...so when I get it on ground I look at tx and trim bar is in middle ..don't know if I can take any more of those moments lol

Comment

my hangar is full. must resist the urge to purchase this A-10... or just go up to the big one...

Comment

Why say no when it feels so good to say yes?

Comment

Tell me where to go to buy struts for A-10 64mm with some suspension? I know that with my landings, these stock struts won't last long.

Comment

Originally posted by Thad Buck View Post
                                Tell me where to go to buy struts for A-10 64mm with some suspension? I know that with my landings, these stock struts won't last long.
                                I've read that the F-5 90mm EDF landing gear will work. you'll have to do some modification to the airframe though

Comment

I wanted to add the optional flaps so ordered the extra servos when I bought the A-10. Then went to YouTube to watch someone else before going ahead with mine...I couldn't find even one video for installing flaps on this plane. Shocking when there are so many other videos on just about anything you can think of (and many things you wish you didn't think of!). So, I made a video and posted it just in case it would help someone else in the same boat. In case you want to see, it's linked below. Wasn't terribly hard, but I don't really like having to "cut" on a brand new plane! :Straight-Face:

Comment

What size are the wheels? Anyone fly this from grass? Anyone set up with 6s?

Comment

Comment

sfninerfan...that was perfection. And I love where you put the camera. That little plastic button that was right in front of the camera had eluded me for where it went and I didn't see anything in the instructions for where to put it. Just glued it on! Can't wait for the snow to be gone here in NH and get mine out for a maiden.

Comment

Originally posted by ibrewalot View Post
                                          sfninerfan...that was perfection. And I love where you put the camera. That little plastic button that was right in front of the camera had eluded me for where it went and I didn't see anything in the instructions for where to put it. Just glued it on! Can't wait for the snow to be gone here in NH and get mine out for a maiden.
                                          Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                          X