Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF-105
    replied
    With balsa models, we just fill the offending hole with wood. A hardwood dowel works best, but in a foam plane maybe balsa would be fine? Glue the wood in place, mark where you need the screw hole & drill. Tap the hole with the screw you want to use, then apply a couple of drops of thin CA in the hole to harden the wood threads. Once that CA dries, you're good to go.

Leave a comment:

• Brinka
    replied
    Pics Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2902.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	398160 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8132.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	398161

Leave a comment:

• Brinka
    replied
    My A10 is 3 yrs old, it's my workhorse jet at the field, my only issue is the wing screw holes have worn out as I always remove wing for transpo and storage. As a temporary workaround I had to CA glue the 1 hole, and use a larger thread screw, I do not need to purchase another wing, but I also do not want to crash my workhorse from the wing popping off either. Any suggestions?

Never had a gear issue, as I'm a pretty advance pilot, she floats right in with no flaps needed (I've never installed them).

As the 64mm A10 comes in on final approach, I slightly pull the nose up to bleed off speed and gently touch down. Try not to land her on nose gear, or too fast, I see a lot of newer EDF pilots land so fast, it always breaks something, even with flaps.

For the cockpit I just hand paint the knobs and switched out the pilot, and added a yoke stick as per the scale pit. No weight added, looks great, I even did panel lines and Minwaxed the whole aircraft, and she looks fantastic.

The 64mm A10 can knife edge beautifully also, don't be afraid to try.

I absolutely love this jet, the updated fans sound fantastic with a natural whistle, just needs an update for wing screws.

Leave a comment:

• pilot dave
    replied
    possibly, thanks for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    FW has to be FreeWing. They have a T-45 and a F5. Could be the F5 as F and T are close on the keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• pilot dave
    replied
    On the A-10 64mm, one of the reviewers said they upgraded the landing gear with FW T-5 shock absorbing struts, I think FW is freewing, but t-5, I have no clue. Does anybody no of a shock absorbing strut that will fit the 64mm A-10 ? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Where are you located? 68mm is just the rod not including the link?

Leave a comment:

• PlaneDriver
    replied
    I just got ahold of the 64 mm A-10 it was not assembled with the flap option, I was trying to order all the parts to add flaps.
    they show out of stock on the control rod set. The flap rods w- z bend are 68 mm. If they are included in the original hardware I don’t have them because the guy didn’t save any spare parts because he didn’t want to add the servos to the order. Anyone have them not being used. ??
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mach351
    replied
    ^^ morbidly curious what happened here... not meaning to be negative, but my gut is telling me it didn't go as planned.

i fooled around and found out anything much over 3 minutes on a 3600 mah battery results in a premature landing.
    the nose literally broke off... it could easily be fixed with foam-tac or thick CA... i just have too many other planes i'd rather fly and don't have the desire.

get an L-39 Albatross and/or Avanti and/or T-33 Shooting Star - you will be much happier.

oh btw, i also used the AR631 mounted at the front of the battery tray with the bottom of the receiver to the side of the plane with the antenna running to the back.
    used the default 40/50/60 gains and priority. Ive never had any issues with the 630 or 631 receivers.
    the days of programming a AR636 via blue-tooth on a mobile device are long gone.
    _

Leave a comment:

• Klikmaus
    replied
    I emailed Horizon, found out the bluetooth dongle isn't compatible with my reciever but it IS compatible with my DXe transmitter.
    Tomorrow is the big day... getting all servow wires rerouted under the battery tray, mounting the reciever, doing CG, then heading out to the local high school (huge parking lot for a runway and great flying spot) for maiden flight. Wind is going to be a bit rough, around 15 mph, got SAFE for takeoff & landing.
    here's hoping for an uneventful maiden & not being a crash test!

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by Klikmaus View Post
    App on my phone os the most current android version,
    That's not what I meant. The APP may be the latest version but since most people use "forward programming" these days, they have not kept the list up to date and likely has abandoned that method of doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Klikmaus
    replied
    App on my phone os the most current android version, looks like I'm going to have to use my laptop for this.

From what I've researched so far though, the 631 and 637 are mostly the same , just the 637 has 2 antennas and long range telemetry... I'm not using telemetery for a good while yet.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    I have that app in IOS. The list of RXs in that app is not up to date. You should see if there is an update. Try here: https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dema...3X-SAFE-RX.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Klikmaus
    replied
    Sorry for the multi-post, phone locked up on me

Leave a comment:

• Klikmaus
    replied
    In the wizard tab of the AS3X android app.

Leave a comment:

• Klikmaus
    replied
    In the wizard tab of the AS3X android app.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Where exactly are you looking that you don't see the AR631? I don't know if you can select any of those others. I program my 631's manually via forward programming.

Leave a comment:

• Klikmaus
    replied
    Most definately! The ax3x doesn't list the AR631 reciever, options are 6335/636, 7350, and 9350. Assuming I should select the 6335/636 option?

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by Klikmaus View Post
    Xviper... That's mybad there, the DXe TX I got coming in is 2nd hand and has the bluetooth programming dongle included. I'll definately try the eflite settings, thank you!
    Be very careful to test it all before flying. It's possible that control and gyro directions could be reversed.

Leave a comment:

• Klikmaus
    replied
    Xviper... That's mybad there, the DXe TX I got coming in is 2nd hand and has the bluetooth programming dongle included. I'll definately try the eflite settings, thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X