Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCjetdude
    replied
    You should. I had a 7 channel receiver and A3-L gyro in mine.

Leave a comment:

• asesso
    replied
    I just purchased a Freewing 64mm A10. Will I have room to mount a Spektrum 636 AS3X reciever?
    Art

Leave a comment:

• Arycon
    replied
    Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    This is the 64mm A-10. I flew mine with Admiral 4S 5000 Pros and got 4-5 minute flights. Gear are wire but easy to bend straight if need be. On 4S 4000's you are probably looking at 3-4 minutes depending on how you fly.
    I would prob want to opt for the 5000mah 4S. I am not a hot rod. I like WOT passes, but fly mostly scale between 50 to 70% for the majority of my propeller flights.

My biggest concern is the landing gear. I would be taking off from tarmac, but it has stress cracks with small gaps here and there that might trip up the jet. I have heard of people using the F-5 landing gear but I do not want to have to mod the jet. I have enough planes like that. I want to charge and go.

Leave a comment:

• RCjetdude
    replied
    This is the 64mm A-10. I flew mine with Admiral 4S 5000 Pros and got 4-5 minute flights. Gear are wire but easy to bend straight if need be. On 4S 4000's you are probably looking at 3-4 minutes depending on how you fly.

Leave a comment:

• Arycon
    replied
    Hey, guys...

Intermediate pilot here looking at jumping into the EDF pool. I have 8 or 9 prop planes. Mostly WWII fighters with an fMS 1450mm P-51 as my largest.

I have been wanting an EDF for a while, but have been avoiding it due to high cell count packs and low flight times. I would pick up the Freewing 80mm F-86, but am not going to invest in one because of the 6S pack. Just not in the cards for me right now.

I am looking at a smaller sized plane to try. I technically have the UMX-10 and like it. It is just so tiny and underpowered. I have also been looking at the 64mm P.15 Lippisch and 64mm F-86. Not to be picky, but I don't care for either visually. I like the F-86, but the 64mm nose is a much wider to support the fan intake. I prefer a scale look.

How does this A-10 measure up?

What is the flightime for a 4000mah 4S pack on mixed throttle?

How tough are the gear?

I fly off of pavement, but it is old and not kept up. It has a lot of stress cracks that might pose a problem for small landing gear. No option to land on grass really.

Sorry for the long post.

Leave a comment:

• sfninerfan69
    replied
    Originally posted by ibrewalot View Post
    sfninerfan...that was perfection. And I love where you put the camera. That little plastic button that was right in front of the camera had eluded me for where it went and I didn't see anything in the instructions for where to put it. Just glued it on! Can't wait for the snow to be gone here in NH and get mine out for a maiden.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• ibrewalot
    replied
    sfninerfan...that was perfection. And I love where you put the camera. That little plastic button that was right in front of the camera had eluded me for where it went and I didn't see anything in the instructions for where to put it. Just glued it on! Can't wait for the snow to be gone here in NH and get mine out for a maiden.

Leave a comment:

• sfninerfan69
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mach9
    replied
    What size are the wheels? Anyone fly this from grass? Anyone set up with 6s?

Leave a comment:

• ibrewalot
    replied
    I wanted to add the optional flaps so ordered the extra servos when I bought the A-10. Then went to YouTube to watch someone else before going ahead with mine...I couldn't find even one video for installing flaps on this plane. Shocking when there are so many other videos on just about anything you can think of (and many things you wish you didn't think of!). So, I made a video and posted it just in case it would help someone else in the same boat. In case you want to see, it's linked below. Wasn't terribly hard, but I don't really like having to "cut" on a brand new plane! :Straight-Face:

Leave a comment:

• Regatoni5
    replied
    Originally posted by Thad Buck View Post
    Tell me where to go to buy struts for A-10 64mm with some suspension? I know that with my landings, these stock struts won't last long.
    I've read that the F-5 90mm EDF landing gear will work. you'll have to do some modification to the airframe though

Leave a comment:

• Thad Buck
    replied
    Tell me where to go to buy struts for A-10 64mm with some suspension? I know that with my landings, these stock struts won't last long.

Leave a comment:

• Westsider
    replied
    Why say no when it feels so good to say yes?

Leave a comment:

• Regatoni5
    replied
    my hangar is full. must resist the urge to purchase this A-10... or just go up to the big one...

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    did the maiden flight on the a10 yesterday flew well and reall screems if u go full throttle...lands like a trainer

and then I added the ordence and flew again and it was all out of trim..almost lost it as it got away for a sec or to and to and recovered about 4 or 5 feet off ground ..made a couple of passes by the field and landed..needed a ton of down trim for some reason...so when I get it on ground I look at tx and trim bar is in middle ..don't know if I can take any more of those moments lol

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    if you are climbing on the flair check your cg it may need some weight in the nose to balance it out

Leave a comment:

• Hawk4me
    replied
    Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I have not flown an RC A-10 yet but I have flown one in the DCS World simulator plenty of times and it can also bounce on you there on landings. It usually happens the first times I start flying it again. But once I get enough practice in I can pull off good landings.
    Here is a good tutorial on how to land and A-10C in DCS. If you have a good enough PC I also recommend practicing on DCS. It is free to download but the A-10C is sold separately.
    Combat Flight Simulator. Realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles, navy ships, world war two vehicles, trains and ships. Free download includes the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It Including a Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D fighter. Over 25 fighter jet aircraft for PC Gaming.test

I have Real Flight 7.5 and also Pheonix RC and can land the a-10 just fine in both no bounce whatsoever. The 64mm A-10 just doesn't handle anywhere close to what the SIM does. I got a UMX A-10 I can land on gears or belly without issues to but move over to this thing and it's just like what the crap difference lol.

Leave a comment:

• Evoman
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawk4me View Post
    I'm repairing my front gear every single flight at this point. I really can't figure out how you guys are getting the nice slow flare out of yours. I try that with mine it either stalls or climbs big time. I'm still in the transition phase from prop to EDF and i'm running on about 13 gear repair's at this point. Plane had major damage early in it's life from a failed elevator servo and a failed flap servo. Any tips on getting this thing slowed down and landing right without flaps? Maybe i'm just to nervous on the throttle and keeping it higher than I need to but it's usually always a bounce when main's touch followed by a decent touchdown afterwards and front gear pulls out of foam everytime.

I am starting to wonder if maybe getting the FMS 70mm would be a better one to transition with than this one. Oleo gear's and larger wingspan + much better flap control seems like it would be easier to make the move to.
    I have not flown an RC A-10 yet but I have flown one in the DCS World simulator plenty of times and it can also bounce on you there on landings. It usually happens the first times I start flying it again. But once I get enough practice in I can pull off good landings.
    Here is a good tutorial on how to land and A-10C in DCS. If you have a good enough PC I also recommend practicing on DCS. It is free to download but the A-10C is sold separately.
    Combat Flight Simulator. Realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles, navy ships, world war two vehicles, trains and ships. Free download includes the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It Including a Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D fighter. Over 25 fighter jet aircraft for PC Gaming.test

Leave a comment:

• Hawk4me
    replied
    I'm repairing my front gear every single flight at this point. I really can't figure out how you guys are getting the nice slow flare out of yours. I try that with mine it either stalls or climbs big time. I'm still in the transition phase from prop to EDF and i'm running on about 13 gear repair's at this point. Plane had major damage early in it's life from a failed elevator servo and a failed flap servo. Any tips on getting this thing slowed down and landing right without flaps? Maybe i'm just to nervous on the throttle and keeping it higher than I need to but it's usually always a bounce when main's touch followed by a decent touchdown afterwards and front gear pulls out of foam everytime.

I am starting to wonder if maybe getting the FMS 70mm would be a better one to transition with than this one. Oleo gear's and larger wingspan + much better flap control seems like it would be easier to make the move to.

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    running admiral 4s 4000 myself and had good luck with them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X