Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxotnik
    replied
    I'm thinking very seriously about getting the 12-blade Freewing A-10. How well does it handle a grass runway?

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    I modified mine to 12 blade as soon as I got it back in 2015. First was a set of change sun 12 blades with 2800kv outrunners. then I found these awesome fans on ebay that had more thrust and made really nice noises when balanced properly!! It is one of my fave planes now!! Here is a video from this past weekend...

Leave a comment:

• ace184
    replied
    I have only been able to taxi mine. Been pretty gusty. But everyone at the club absolutely loves the plane.

Leave a comment:

• Evoman
    replied
    Originally posted by ace184 View Post
    It is still that way. The first thing I did was get rid of that dinky screwdriver and use one of my regular sized ones. Get a lot better torque that way. This was my first build and the part that stumped me the most was fixing the tail section and how to route those wires to get it flush. I plan on painting mine and orange and black scheme after I get some flights in and am comfortable with it. Yeah it isn't scale, but I'll sacrifice some scale for visibility, lol
    If you want to make your A-10 more visible and still look authentic I suggest painting it in this scheme. This was a specialty scheme painted on a single Air Force Reserve aircraft from the 45th FS / 930th OG located at Grissom AFB in Indiana. The stripes commemorated the 50th anniversary of the "D-Day" invasions of Normandy in World War II.

I also highly suggest installing a light kit. It not only helps with viability but it also makes it easier to tell the orientation of the plane. If you get the GT Power light kit that motion RC sells it also includes two white blinking led's. If installed on the rear corners of the wing tips it you can more easily tell if the plane is flying towards you or away.

Leave a comment:

• TSHobbies
    replied
    Maidened mine today..wow! Great flying plane! sounded great too..need to add some whistles to it. Though I only got 2 flights in..managed to knock the nose gear loose..barely had any glue holding the mount in. I set the lip (Turnigy 4S 4000 40C) using the recommended CG,and it was too nose heavy for that..didnt rotate on my first attempt. set the battery all the way back and that did the trick. I noticed the nose gear door wouldnt shut all the way, causing the nose to drop during flight,so I need to fix that..it was that or still a bit nose heavy, may have to pull a weight out and see..but first I'll fix the door to see if that was it...other than that ,it was a fantabulous first 2 flights! workin on the fixes now,and hopefully will fly it again later today.

Leave a comment:

• ace184
    replied
    It is still that way. The first thing I did was get rid of that dinky screwdriver and use one of my regular sized ones. Get a lot better torque that way. This was my first build and the part that stumped me the most was fixing the tail section and how to route those wires to get it flush. I plan on painting mine and orange and black scheme after I get some flights in and am comfortable with it. Yeah it isn't scale, but I'll sacrifice some scale for visibility, lol

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    I had one about 6 mo ago ...lost it when I let it get too far away on a gray overcast day...man that gray camo works lol...I went with the suggested throws If I remember correctly only thing I didn't like was the way the wing attached with a tounge in front and two screws in back....wing always seemed loose side to side....think if its still that way ill glue my wing on

Leave a comment:

• ace184
    replied
    I was wondering the same thing....I know from watching some youtube videos, that some people reinforce the wings with a carbon fiber rod. But haven't seen how to do that

Leave a comment:

• TSHobbies
    replied
    Just got mine in today...now need to go back and read up on it...anything need to be done/fixed/tweaked before assembly?

Leave a comment:

• ace184
    replied
    Mine will be here (Georgia) on Tuesday. Which is good because Wednesday is my late day to start class so I can stay up building it, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    strange mine is going to be here in Mississippi wed...shipped Friday...seems to take a long time to get here..guess UPS is takeing the weekend off

Leave a comment:

• TSHobbies
    replied
    Looks like mine will be here Monday..man thats fast! just in time to maiden on my birthday

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied
    Got mine ordered just now. Yay!

Leave a comment:

• ace184
    replied
    I ordered mine yesterday and it is being shipped today. Hoping for some good weather next weekend for a maiden.

Leave a comment:

• TSHobbies
    replied
    Just ordered mine!

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied
    I was on the fence with the 5 bladed fan but with 12 it's a no brained for me, I'm going to order it when I get to the office.

Leave a comment:

• TSHobbies
    replied
    just seen that..glad I returned the one I bought..now at that price with 12 blade Im tempted to order it.

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    they are in stock now with the 12 blade set up

Leave a comment:

• TSHobbies
    replied
    decided to go ahead and return this one... to me ,paying another $80 to upgrade it to 12 blade setup just isnt worth it for such a small plane.

Leave a comment:

• TSHobbies
    replied
    got it in today... 5 blades...think whoever posted that it came with 12 was bogus..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X