• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered mine tonight!

Can't wait!!!!

55" is a loooooooong plane!

Comment

• HOLY COW! I wasn't expecting her to be ----that----fast! Scary , scary, scary! Didn't realize how much room she needed for the rollout on landing, and had to use some grass as a braking patch. Scuffed one wing tank lightly, and poked a tall rock with the nose rod - and she made it back safe other than that! 2 flights on a couple of 6s 4000mah lipos resulting in a safe 3 minute flight for each pack. Awesomely fast - can't wait to fly it again - somewhere with more room, for sure! Took a lot of reduction in servo travel for safe control. Ailerons at 100% will make it twirl like a football....

So awesome...

Andy

Comment

• Andy that 104 is fast. I put a gyro in mine and it makes a world of difference. My knees no longer shake while flying. The gyro will also make the take off and landings so much easier. Just be sure and put the proper amount of elevator mix with the flaps. A gyro with pins sticking out flat(side ways) rather then up will fit nicely under the battery tray. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOFO1 View Post
          Andy that 104 is fast. I put a gyro in mine and it makes a world of difference. My knees no longer shake while flying. The gyro will also make the take off and landings so much easier. Just be sure and put the proper amount of elevator mix with the flaps. A gyro with pins sticking out flat(side ways) rather then up will fit nicely under the battery tray. Cheers.
          That's awesome! I might try putting in a AS3X receiver....I was amazed how pitchy she was on landing, and was able to pull a pretty high alpha on the last landing, making it stop much sooner. I noticed the nose down on flaps - so I will be adding a mix in for sure! It would be great if there were some little braking mechanisms you could put on the wheels to make her stop in a shorter distance. Might tinker with that idea and see what I come up with....

Andy

Comment

• Guys,

This deadly, deadly honeydew is kicking my butt!

I can't hardly fly her ANYWHERE due to her speed and long takeoff/landing requirements....Lost a flap servo the other day but was able to bring in her in extra crispy...I just don't know how to slow it down right maybe? Still is an awesome looking plane just sitting around, too...Might have to retire her early.

Comment

• Not an option for everyone, but I found a nice smooth remote County Road with no poles and no fences that gives me enough room to land this Speedster. Just a thought, works where I live.

Comment

• Landing at the local school this past summer.... Hope everyone has a very blessed New Year!!! Jerry

Comment

• I painted some packing tape florescent orange and added it to the bottom of the tip tanks... It makes a huge difference in spotting the orientation of the little rocket!! ;):Cool::Cool:

Comment

• I also have an A3-L gyro installed. I put it almost directly over the CG by making a magnetic hatch in the top of the fuselage and installing the gyro on a platform of light ply and 3mm depron foam. It makes it fly fantastic!! No gyro is a bit of a handful!!! Highly recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                      I painted some packing tape florescent orange and added it to the bottom to the tip tanks... It makes a huge difference in spotting the orientation of the little rocket!! ;):Cool::Cool:
                      Good idea. I have the 90mm F-104 and you can't take your eyes off it even for a second and have to keep it close. Good thing it only has 3 minute flight times! Can't imagine keeping and eye on a smaller one.

Comment

• If you want to slow it down, try flying with a 2600- 2800 mA battery . I flew mine with that and it wasn’t a bear at all . Super light .. 21/2 mins . It flew well at 1/2 throttle.. unfortunately my eyes aren’t as good as they used to be , and I sadly lost orientation.. but it is a great flying plane ..

Comment

• I used the Admiral 3300 6s it seems to work well! Use that in my YAK too...

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
                                      Decals are here !
                                      Callie did this scheme for me back in 2008 with and HET model and for a Pusher jet same scale Click image for larger version

Name:	HET_F-104_006.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	193726Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP6756.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	193727

Comment

• I'm in the middle of a complete rebuild on the 70mm Freewing using this same scheme. Just love that blue with white nose cone and orange tip tank stripes

Comment

•  

Comment

Working...
                                          X