Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Here ! And I've been busy with the upgraded landing gear. It was so simple. The nose gear strut had to be rotated 180 to allow the trailing link to face forward, and had to switch the wheels on the mains because the wheels that came with the upgrade were too big, and wouldn't fit in the wheel well. That's it ! Easy cheesy......So for all you 104 jockeys, The F16 upgraded gear works great on the 104 !

Comment

• BTW, I need some help guys. Since I got the arf version, I have no idea where they put the ESC, or where to rout the long rudder / elevator wires inside the ducting. I don't see ant pocket or wire chase.

Comment

• I am going to do a repaint on this plane before I finish assembly, or install the power system. I will go with the German version. Since I can't stand to paint over decals, I use the old packing tape method to remove them. Rub the tape real good for maximum pull. The waterslide decals come off without damaging the paint....not so, with the sticky back vinyl ones, but I am painting it anyway, so who cares.

Comment

• The joys of masking ! Almost ready for paint. When I mask the canopy, I like to run a ball point pen around the edges. It seals them down, and gives me a reference where to make the cut. I'm hoping Callie can make the German livery for me. I figured it to be about 1/10th scale. Hard to believe the full scale bird only had a 21.9 foot wingspan ! I'm trying to copy the look of the 2016 Top Gun winner.

Comment

• oops.....forgot the pics.

Comment

• Something like this.

Comment

• Started on the paint today. I always start with the lightest color. Since that's done, off to lowe's to get more paint.

Comment

• Got the dark color on today, and emailed Callie to see if she can do the decals for the German navy livery.

Comment

• Callie said it would be no problem to make the livery that I need . She's really great to deal with ! Wouldn't have known about her if not for this forum.

Comment

• Tip tanks done. Decals on order.

Comment

• It's going to be a mean looking bird

Comment

• Well, the paint and decals that were on it out of the box looked like a child's toy.....couldn't bring it to the field looking like that.

Comment

• still working on the wings. the foam got a little fuzzy in places where the decals were removed.

Comment

• Got the wings done today, now working on weathering it with the airbrush.

Comment

• More pics. Callie said the decals will ship out on Wednesday.

Comment

• Still have to weather the tail feathers and wings, but I've had enough for the night. I'm no master airbrush artist, but I do enjoy doing it. Next will be the decals, and then a couple of coats of Minwax polycrylic.

Comment

• Looks great !!!!

Comment

• Thank you Felix ! The power system arrived today. Starting to get excited !

Comment

• Awesome work! The weathering looks great, looking forward to seeing it with the decals.

Comment

• Thanks DeltaDart !

Comment

Working...
                                          X