• Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Freewing F-104 Starfighter

Some alterations on afterburner mod, fan, etc

Comment

This morning's flight with 12 blade inrunner
      Lockheed F-104 Starfighter (Aircraft Model)

Comment

Originally posted by urrl
        Some alterations on afterburner mod, fan, etc
        That was fun to watch and the engine and after burner effects are the best I've seen. Are those flaps or airbrakes :rolleyes: , those babies look like they're 90 degrees to the wing!

I just got my feet wet today with my first ducted fan (Freewing 80mm F-86) and it was a blast!!

Steve
        AMA 95495
        Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
        Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it. I started out on RC Helicopters then went to foam warbirds and then composite and foam jets up to 90mm. Welcome to the world of foam jets.

Comment

Comment

Nice very Nice! Our customers never stop amazing us with the endless modifications of our products they make.

Comment

First jet I've ever owned with a thrust ratio of at LEAST 1:1
                Using EDF Hobbies 12 blade inrunner

Looks to be at least a 1:1 thrust ratio with EDF Hobbies 12 blade inrunner and Pulse 3000 mAh battery.http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?route=product/product&p...

http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=455

Comment

Looks to be at least a 1:1 thrust ratio with EDF Hobbies 12 blade inrunner and Pulse 3000 mAh battery.http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?route=product/product&p...

What c rating Lipo are you using with the Cyclone? My only  experience with a Cyclone EDF Motor is it discharges at a very high level, and left the Bat very hot. If you are not using a quality  Lipo with a high C rating it will not last long.
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by CT

What c rating Lipo are you using with the Cyclone? My only  experience with a Cyclone EDF Motor is it discharges at a very high level, and left the Bat very hot. If you are not using a quality  Lipo with a high C rating it will not last long.
                    Chris
                    At 45C The 2.5 minute flight left the battery slightly warm and the remaining voltage was 23.5 volts as I remember. With only a 70mm EDF I find these results typical.

Comment

Morning Flight

Comment

One of the coolest and best sounding aircraft ever!! Even though it's just the turbine sound, I still want it!! Especially with an 90-20. (Top-landing speed)
                        Because I was Inverted... :)
                        HOO-AH!!

Comment

Morning flights
                          JP eBrakes are on point now that I have tightened up the main gear on the F-15. No more swerving into the grass on landings. Love the way the F-104 handles, ...

Comment

Morning flights
                            JP eBrakes are on point now that I have tightened up the main gear on the F-15. No more swerving into the grass on landings. Love the way the F-104 handles, ...
                            Hellava flight(s),
                            Was it just me or was the F-14 real roll sensitive in those turns?
                            Keepem coming, Chris

Comment

Kit-Plus?

Any idea when we might see the kit-plus in stock again?

John

Comment

Hi John, we should have them in about one week, perhaps the week after that.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

The Kit+ currently shows as In Stock on MRC. Did it just go up today? I really need to order one and move my existing power plant over from my beater. I had a few unfortunate mishaps that were not the fault of the jet and she's pretty ugly right now. Besides, I fogot to order a nose gear cover for my F-5, and I just HATE to pay for shipping. :D
                                  [hr]
                                  Oh what the heck. I just ordered the Kit+! :D
                                  Pat

Comment

You and I must have had the same economics professor! I'm going broke spending $100 plus to save $5!

All the best,
                                    Konrad

Comment

LOL! Yeah, whenever I wasn't ordering a kit and needed some parts, I'd throw an Admiral lipo into the order to get it over $100! :D
                                      [hr]
                                      Man, MRC is awesome! Only 38 minutes from order to shipping notice!
                                      Pat

Comment

Got my Kit+ yesterday and swapped over the fan/ESC from my first one. All I have left to do is set up the control surfaces and I'm ready to rock and roll again!
                                        Pat

Comment

I really enjoy the convenience of the KIT+ variants for exactly this reason. Good luck on your re-maiden. May it live a long second life!
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X