Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys I apologize... I thought this was for the 90mm...
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• That's it. Now you've done it. Guess you're just going to have to hand all of your airplanes over to me. LOL
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Ha!!! Good luck with that....LOL
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Ok yesterday I was visiting my daughter and her family in Goodyear AZ and saw the 70mm version fly all stock. SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to have one! I have seen Gary's from Efflux RC up close but never in the air and also seen Tony's up close but never in the air. If anyone here is from Goodyear AZ and was there yesterday I would love to learn your names because from now on when I visit I'm bringing some of the fleet :D This is for sure going to be one of them!! I can't believe how scale it looked in the air with speed and the way it took off and landed. I was leery of these because until I saw this one, no one has gotten the Starfighter even remotely close to correct. Now I gotta call Alpha so I can get one and my son fell in love with the 70mm Yak 130. So I have 2 planes to get quick!!

Comment

• Great! Looks like a fantastic jet and welcome to Hobby Squawk!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks and flies great. Having lots of fun with mine. If I crashed tomorrow I probably would buy another.

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                Guys I apologize... I thought this was for the 90mm...
                Why you don't want a 70mm f-104 also ray?

Comment

• Morning flight.

Comment

• Mishap with the 70mm. Apparently mine tends to loose altitude during slow and low fly by.

Comment

• Morning flight.

Comment

• The product web page says this is constructed of EPO foam, but some of the reviews, and earlier threads say it's EPS. What is it really ?

Comment

• Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
                          The product web page says this is constructed of EPO foam, but some of the reviews, and earlier threads say it's EPS. What is it really ?
                          The older ones were EPS with a 5 blade edf. The new ones have been upgraded to EPO and a 12 blade edf.

Comment

• EPO....oooohhhhh......gotta have one now. The eps is what held me back from purchasing one.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how well the epo version flys with the original "gen 1" 6s ,6 blade edf out of the eps version. Crashed on maiden(so nervous i left the bind plug in.) Repaired it,had a few good flights till i spun it in on a too slow turn to final. Ready for another one. Epo version i assume is heavier. Using 6s 4000admirals.
                              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Has anyone tried the 70mm f16 upgraded gear struts in this Bird?

Comment

• I was slumming around in Motions parts section, and noticed that the stock nose retract fits the following planes...70mm Fi6, and 70mm F104. Then I cross referenced the part nos. for the mains. The numbers between the planes is different, But the stock mains look identical from the pictures. I'm thinking that the upgrade struts for the F16 should fit the F104. I sure hope so, because I'm on the fence, and if I could put those struts in the 104, it would seal the deal for sure.

Comment

• Well, I ordered the upgraded struts for the F16....hopefully they will fit without too much work. I am going to get the kit version of the 104 because I have a changesun V3 70mm 10 blade with a cyclone power CS480-2800Kv outrunner with an unusual shape that puts the motor in the airflow of the fan. It was left over from a LX TV F16 I had a few years back. That plane flew very fast on 5s, but will be using 6s on it this time.

Comment

• bench tested the out runner setup on 6s and it got way too hot. I already ordered the kit version of the 104, so.....can anyone suggest a nice inrunner setup for 6s ? I'll be using a 3300 to keep the weight down.

Comment

• OK, While waiting for the airframe, I am tinkering with the gear. The first obvious difference is that the F16 nose gear retracts aft. the F104 retracts forward. So the first thing that has to be done is to loosen the grub screws on the nose strut, and rotate the strut so that the trailing link is pointing down. That way, the trailing link will be forward in the down position. Also looking at the 12 blade fan and 2200Kv inrunner combo from edf hobbies, and hobbywing 100a ESC.

Comment

• Airframe will be here tomorrow ! Yee haa ! The only other potential issue with the mains is if the strut pin is the same size.

Comment

Working...
                                          X