Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, guys. It was a bit turbulent yesterday, not too bad. That might have had something to do with it. I will recheck the CG, though and see if that helps. I, too, have had to "add to cart" too many times, and know that this bird doesn't like to fly too slow, especially at my altitude (5500 feet). I have the flaps set around 3-5 seconds time for retraction/extension, and have a takeoff and landing flap setting. I already had to "add to cart" once on landing when it stalled right about the time it touched down and it rolled and crunched a wing, although it stayed on its gear. That could have been a TOTAL "add to cart" had it been a couple of feet higher when it did that!

Comment

• Yeah i did that on flight # 1. Had to replace the fuselage and some other things.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I made a mistake and cut the white 300 decals for the navy version...be glad to trade the marine decal sheet for the 2 300 white decals for the flaps or the hole sheet of navy decals either way...thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
          I made a mistake and cut the white 300 decals for the navy version...be glad to trade the marine decal sheet for the 2 300 white decals for the flaps or the hole sheet of navy decals either way...thanks
          Hey Ron, didn't know you had a scooter! I have some of the white 300 decals from the navy sheet. I do not have an entire sheet though. several small things are missing. But I have 4 of those white 300 decals. I can put them in the mail for you tomorrow if you want.

Comment

• thanks pat just need 2 of em be glad to trade ya the marine sheet if you want

Comment

• decals away! no need to trade sir. hope you can use them.

Comment

• thanks pat hope weather gets better soon so we can fly some jets

Comment

• I have plenty of decal for this plane that I will gladly give to anyone that wants them. Just let me know where to send them. I used Callie Graphics and have some spare originals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                    I have plenty of decal for this plane that I will gladly give to anyone that wants them. Just let me know where to send them. I used Callie Graphics and have some spare originals.
                    Phoenix, i sent you a PM......Jim

Comment

• My nose gear mod and few other goodies.

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Hey gunner, did you glue the plastic collar to the strut? if not does it stay in place or is it loose and slides up and down the strut? I have all the parts from my F-14 to make one, wasn't sure how you mounted the plastic collar. Thanks

Comment

• Hey man! The collar is not glued. it floats a bit, due to the length of the track it rides in. The track is not long enough to allow a fixed point on the strut. Also, hog out the collar a bit with a dermal barrel sander, as its too small to fit on the A-4 strut.

It slides up and down only when the gear is going up and , when going down. so only during the retract action. when the gear is in the down position it's secured enough to maintain its angle .

Then there is this bit of excellence.......

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thank you sir, will give it a try. :Cool:

Comment

• Started the RNZAF paint job today. Have the bottom done in "Duck Egg Green" or WWII British sea green... It is coming along. The upper colors are Dark Green, Medium Green and European 1 Grey. Ordering graphics in the AM from Callie!

Comment

• Must post pics!! when complete!

Comment

• Work in progress. She will be a VT-7 bird.
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20180307_123429.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	121395Click image for larger version

Name:	20180307_123405.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	121394Click image for larger version

Name:	20180307_123348.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	121396

Comment

• That is going to look amazing when done.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                      Must post pics!! when complete!
                                      Here is the start of what seems to be a simple paint job!!! LOL Aren't they all????? :Confused: Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1385.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	121439Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1386.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	121440Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1380.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	121441Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1391.JPG
Views:	437
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	121442

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1401.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	121454Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1395.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	121455Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1394.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	121456Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1399.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	121457Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1398.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	121458Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1392.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	121459 Now with the Sea Green bottom. Not scale that I can find, but the "wrap-around" Low-Vis camo was just too dark for me. So a little artistic license and here we go!!! I think it will be "pretty". Always loved this color on the British WWII birds!! :spitfire

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	102_3_b1.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	121462

Comment

Working...
                                          X