X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
    I only use the included foam glue or Foam Tac to attach small parts.

For large parts, here's a recommendation: Take a small Philips screw driver (usually the one that comes with some of these foamies) and poke holes on both parts to be joined/glued. Spread a layer of epoxy on both parts, making sure to get epoxy into those small holes which act like fingers. Skim off the excess epoxy, join parts, wipe off any epoxy oozing at seam.... then wipe outside of parts with rubbing alcohol to clean off epoxy residue.

I've been using this method on foamies for 8 years. Very strong!
    I use 5 minute epoxy in the cool temps and 15 or 30 minute epoxy in the hot temps days and I do the same when I join anything to foam, always poke some holes in each side even if it's balsa or ply or foam to foam, make sure you push the epoxy into those holes, very important to do so to get a much stronger joint, it has worked for me for 33 yrs..........:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
      Hint*: Epoxy! :Cool:
      Can't beat a couple of c/f rods inserted for that extra oomph in strength..;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        UPS won't even run on Saturday here. Mine is scheduled for Tuesday and is currently located 3 hours from me. Oh well. Grats that you got yours early. That's really cool.
        Mine has been setting in a warehouse 7 miles from me since 12:03 am Saturday morning...

Comment

• Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Callie Graphics...
          I ordered the Lady Jessie livery for my A-4 and after I got my order confirmation I noticed the stripe was not in the set for the wing tanks. Only for the avionics hump. I ask about it and offered to pay extra for them and they said they would include them with no extra charge.
          It's people like this and Motion RC that go the extra mile to make this a great hobby...
          Thanks to Callie and MRC!!!

Comment

• My A4 is basically finished. Ordered some more decals from Callie as I screwed up the tail. The hump is growing on me. I like it now.

Being the arm chair quarterback I am, the one thing I would have done differently would be locating the control board aft of the battery. Ample room back there. I still might end up doing this.

I have the RX and A3L stuffed up front. Actually had to shave off a little bit of the tongue in order to close the canopy. It all fits and I'm happy. Let me know if you feel the same way. The area behind the batt calls for a vacancy sign. Rent this space. Beaucoup room.

I've only tried mounting an Admiral 4000 40C (598g) and she balances very well. Want to try some 5000's. Thinking a RT 5000 45C(755g) 70C both could work well in this plane but I'll wait for Andy's opinion as he's also getting an A4 this week. I'm going to start comparing weights of various 5000mah lipos. Really don't want to add weight to the nose.

Hawk

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Anything battery wider than 61mm will require surgery to fit in that beaucoup room..

Comment

• HHNF,

Good to know. I didn't bother to measure. That's good news though. Both the 45C & 70C RT 5000's will fit. The only issue is weight.
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Mine weigh 858gms & the A4 didn't seem to feel it at all during my 3 batteries that I cycled practicing taxiing & runups .. The A4 tips much easier than the F-16 & F15 if that means anything..

Comment

• Has anyone flown their A-4 yet?
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• She's 1/12 th scale, correct ?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                        Has anyone flown their A-4 yet?
                        Post 694 here and 674 on RCG...

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                          She's 1/12 th scale, correct ?
                          I believe it is 1/9th...

Comment

• I calculated roughly 1/9th scale. Then again, I'm not a mathematician :)​​​​​​.

Wingspan conversion for scale: 27.5ft (full sized A-4) divided by 3.08 ft (FW A-4) equals 8.9, but would be read as 1/8.9. Hopefully that math is correct. LOL

Comment

• (27x12) / 37 = 8.75............ It is closer to 1/9 as RCJD has pointed out.
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Wing skid mod.. Gives me about the right height if tipped over.. Will airbrush it to blend in ..

Comment

• Out for delivery at 5:34am!!! Come on little brown truck...:bluetongue

Comment

• Thanks, The graphics listed on Callies catalog page are 1/12. Must be for another model.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                      Thanks, The graphics listed on Callies catalog page are 1/12. Must be for another model.
                                      Once you select the graphics you want you then select the scale on her website.

Comment

• :Thinking:Mine has been sitting 2 miles from my house since 5:30am Friday. I'll get it this evening usually between 5 and 7 pm. That makes me crazy. Crazier. :Silly::Angry::Not-Talking:

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Once you select the graphics you want you then select the scale on her website.
                                          My bad. I sent her an email requesting the change.

Comment

Working...
                                          X