X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    Ok, got some weathering done on part of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170907_233840.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	96084
    Steve,

What did you do on the bottom? Not many panel lines molded in, so not sure where to do lines.
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      I couldn't stand it, so I went ahead and dirtied her up! All I did was take a charcoal pencil to draw in the lines, then used a thin hard-bristle brush to blend it and give the lines some shadow. Still have a little more to do, then will hit it with a coat of Testors Dullcote to seal it and knock down the shine of the decals.

I always use a setting solution for my water slide decals. Makes them snuggle right down to the surface details, provides extra adhesion, and prevents them from peeling. I used Microsol on these.
      She looks really good Pat! How late did you stay up last night doing the weathering? :Yawn2:

Comment

Steve,

What did you do on the bottom? Not many panel lines molded in, so not sure where to do lines.
        I haven't gotten there yet. I hope to finish it up tonight but may just have to get creative. Perhaps more smudges than lines.

Comment

• More delays. Was hoping to get it yesterday. Maybe today.....:(
          Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	96143

Comment

• Got mine built and signed off for test flying. Hopefully today or tomorrow.
            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Not sure I got it just right yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                Not sure I got it just right yet...
                Yeah, maybe a little too much bend radius...

Comment

• Made an attempt to get ahead of "Irmageddon" and went for my maiden today.
                  Not ideal conditions with about an 11 mph 45 degree to the runway wind but went for it. No video shot of the maiden but got one of our club members to run camera on the 2nd attempt. The maiden was actually easier than the 2nd flight since wind speeds escalated during it. Took me three attempts to get it back on the ground. Kudos to David Speed for not dropping the camera and running on the 2nd approach and to Freewing for the ample thrust to weight ratio of this model. Things could have gotten really ugly on something that was under powered.

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                    Made an attempt to get ahead of "Irmageddon" and went for my maiden today.
                    Not ideal conditions with about an 11 mph 45 degree to the runway wind but went for it. No video shot of the maiden but got one of our club members to run camera on the 2nd attempt. The maiden was actually easier than the 2nd flight since wind speeds escalated during it. Took me three attempts to get it back on the ground. Kudos to David Speed for not dropping the camera and running on the 2nd approach and to Freewing for the ample thrust to weight ratio of this model. Things could have gotten really ugly on something that was under powered.

WOW! Talk about high alpha. I am amazed it pulled out of that. Nice save.

Comment

Yeah, maybe a little too much bend radius...
                      I know, I got 6ft of this stuff so hopefully I can get one I am happy with before I run out. First attempt...
                      Doing the Lady Jessie scheme and that model has this type of air refueling tube...

Comment

• Excellent , Thanks for the weathering insight! and decal info.

Did I read that the ordinance markings "are or will" be available?
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Here is the version I plan on doing. Callie is working on the decals and should be up on her site shortly.

Comment

She looks really good Pat! How late did you stay up last night doing the weathering? :Yawn2:
                            Not too late. Did one side last night, and the other this morning waiting to take my daughter to school.

I'll see what I can find for the bottom as far as panel lines, but may do the same and just "dirty it up" on the bottom.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                              Excellent , Thanks for the weathering insight! and decal info.

Did I read that the ordinance markings "are or will" be available?
                              Yes, I have created decals for the Bullpups, and will be selling them shortly. I will post here with instructions when ready.
                              Pat

Comment

• Did you guys notice the recommendation for flap to elevator mix??? It is backwards compared to others I set up.:Confused: Is there something about the aerodynamics on this plane that causes it to nose down instead of pitch up like other planes. The manual recommends up elevator with flaps deployed...
                                But they also say to use high rates for first flight, well good luck with that...lol...:Silly:

Comment

• Here is the kit's refueling probe I modified to match the version I'm doing.

Comment

Yes, I have created decals for the Bullpups, and will be selling them shortly. I will post here with instructions when ready.
                                    I'll be wanting a couple sets of those...
                                    Thanks!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                      Here is the kit's refueling probe I modified to match the version I'm doing.
                                      Looks like you cut the tube on 45° angles and glued them back together. Is that correct? It looks good...

Comment

Looks like you cut the tube on 45° angles and glued them back together. Is that correct? It looks good...
                                        Thanks. I cut them at 22.5 degrees. Also, took some bamboo skewers, snapped them to 45 degree angles, reinforced them with super glue and put them in the joints for extra support.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Did you guys notice the recommendation for flap to elevator mix??? It is backwards compared to others I set up.:Confused: Is there something about the aerodynamics on this plane that causes it to nose down instead of pitch up like other planes. The manual recommends up elevator with flaps deployed...
                                          But they also say to use high rates for first flight, well good luck with that...lol...:Silly:
                                          I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X