• RTF!

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
      RTF!

Sean
      SWEET.......Your the first to the dance with a nice shiny Angel :Cool:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
        Did you guys notice the recommendation for flap to elevator mix??? It is backwards compared to others I set up.:Confused: Is there something about the aerodynamics on this plane that causes it to nose down instead of pitch up like other planes. The manual recommends up elevator with flaps deployed...
        But they also say to use high rates for first flight, well good luck with that...lol...:Silly:
        I'll be trying mine out tomorrow at TORKS, so I don't know yet but its true that some planes are backwards from the norm. My F104 is that way - lowering the flaps causes a very strong pitch down - so up elevator is required to compensate.
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

I'll be trying mine out tomorrow at TORKS, so I don't know yet but its true that some planes are backwards from the norm. My F104 is that way - lowering the flaps causes a very strong pitch down - so up elevator is required to compensate.
          I wondered as flaps are further back than on most planes as to the cg and may act like an elevator somewhat...
          I just maidened mine, a little sensitive for sure.. I rolled it upside down right after takeoff making my initial turn... Needed up trim and a bunch of right aileron which helped with the initial roll to the left on takeoff. I didn't try flaps and she settled in for a near perfect landing...
          Flew really well after trimming and I stopped shaking...
          Got video from plane and my hat and will post later

Comment

• Bill34207 great pucker factor save my friend! Good luck to you this weekend, my sis lives in WPB and my oldest son is in Orlando. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
              Bill34207 great pucker factor save my friend! Good luck to you this weekend, my sis lives in WPB and my oldest son is in Orlando. :(
              That was one of those OSM approaches for sure Boots, and thanks for the good luck wish. Irma is so big she will be pounding both sides of the state pretty close to equal. I got a feeling a lot of us Floridians will be off the air for a while in it's wake. Predictions are for wide spread power outages that could last for days or even weeks. :(
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

I have never used the setting solution, just very warm water with a few drops of dish soap with excellent results...
                Is the setting solution something you apply after the decal is on, or you use it instead of water???
                Back in my plastic kit days I used a hot damp washcloth to get the decal to conform to compound curved surfaces.

I wish all the people down in Florida the best of luck,this is going to be an epic storm.

Comment

• All ready for her first sorty. Hopefully tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170908_201303.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	96211

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170908_201031.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	96212

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                    All ready for her first sorty. Hopefully tomorrow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170908_201303.jpg Views:	1 Size:	126.2 KB ID:	96211

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170908_201031.jpg Views:	1 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	96212
                    Looks great, nice job on the weathering!!!
                    Good luck on the maiden Dude, keep in mind the roll rate is quite sensitive...

Comment

• Initial flight reports are encouraging . Way to go guys !

Company HQ is Deerfield Beach, Brother and Sis in Orlando and Daughter & SIL and 5 grandkids in Baker County West of Jax.
                      Praying for all you guys hunkering down. There's a couple more hurricanes behind Irma.

Hawk
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Looks great, nice job on the weathering!!!
                        Good luck on the maiden Dude, keep in mind the roll rate is quite sensitive...
                        I toned the ailerons down a bit in anticipation of that. Thanks Tom.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I toned the ailerons down a bit in anticipation of that. Thanks Tom.
                          I did mine too and even my low rate still gave a pretty radical roll rate. It was manageable flying though. I think this one is easier to fly than the Mig.
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I ordered 2 SkyHawks. First will be Viper and have a TACTS pod and pylon being 3D printed. This was my first try at painting a RC model. Got the airbrush and compressor at Harbor Freight. I had a brown out with my Spectrum AR9020 receiver in my T-45 and lost control of it. So used the lens and LED parts for this model. Beacon added on top and on lower left main gear pylon. Wing tips sectioned out with exacto and melted to aileron servo bay with a hangar wire and mini torch. Ordered a Freewing light controller that will be there when I get home from my trip. Adding the Hobbyking MrThrust 70mm afterburner ring eventually when they get them in stock, so I made the tail detachable and modified the upper empennage to fit over the bracket and whistles I installed. I installed two of the Nerf Howler football whistles in the upper part at the back of the tailpipe. They hide well with the tail pipe painted black and give it a real turbine whine.

I painted out the walkways on the wings then pre-shaded all of the panel lines before starting to Camo. Using cheap acrylics from the craft department at walmart. They work well when thinned with generic windex. I plan on stenciling the star-bars, intake side Vs and NAVY on the bird then painting the gear. Will probably have Callie graphics make the remainder.
                            more to come then doing an IAF bird with extended tailpipe and 3 D printed 6rack with Mk82 snakeyes.

Flying real jets for a few days to pay for the hobby, will post more updates when I return home.

Comment

• OK gents, I'm ready to start production of the AGM-12 Bullpup missile decals. These decals are printed on clear water slide decal paper using a Laserjet printer, so no sealing of the decals are needed. I have attached the decal file and instructions for anyone who wishes to print their own. Each set will include enough decals for both missiles.

To order, send me a PM with your full mailing address, and send $5 per set to crxmanpat at gmail dot com (use the @ sign and period of course ;)). I prefer the Friends & Family method of PayPal so they don't take any fees.

I also still have sets of decals for the A-10 ordnance, so if you need those too, just let me know. They are $5 per set as well.
                              Attached Files
                              Pat

Comment

• Finally got to maiden my own today. Set up per update old school 5000 all the way forward to the board. First flight clean no hump. I love it! The roll is crazy quick. My high aileron was 95 percent and low rate 75. I put my high to 75 and my new low at 65. Perfect! Now that the maidens over its time for lights. They are in now and lenses are next. Love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                                  I ordered 2 SkyHawks. First will be Viper and have a TACTS pod and pylon being 3D printed. This was my first try at painting a RC model. Got the airbrush and compressor at Harbor Freight. I had a brown out with my Spectrum AR9020 receiver in my T-45 and lost control of it. So used the lens and LED parts for this model. Beacon added on top and on lower left main gear pylon. Wing tips sectioned out with exacto and melted to aileron servo bay with a hangar wire and mini torch. Ordered a Freewing light controller that will be there when I get home from my trip. Adding the Hobbyking MrThrust 70mm afterburner ring eventually when they get them in stock, so I made the tail detachable and modified the upper empennage to fit over the bracket and whistles I installed. I installed two of the Nerf Howler football whistles in the upper part at the back of the tailpipe. They hide well with the tail pipe painted black and give it a real turbine whine.

I painted out the walkways on the wings then pre-shaded all of the panel lines before starting to Camo. Using cheap acrylics from the craft department at walmart. They work well when thinned with generic windex. I plan on stenciling the star-bars, intake side Vs and NAVY on the bird then painting the gear. Will probably have Callie graphics make the remainder.
                                  more to come then doing an IAF bird with extended tailpipe and 3 D printed 6rack with Mk82 snakeyes.

Flying real jets for a few days to pay for the hobby, will post more updates when I return home.
                                  "Holy s*#t! It's Viper."

Great work! I plan on doing the TACTS pod. Any chance you could share some more info on that?

Comment

• Ryan I like the lights man!
                                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post

"Holy s*#t! It's Viper."

Great work! I plan on doing the TACTS pod. Any chance you could share some more info on that?
                                      I used to work with the Microsoft team on Flight Sim and made some great friends in the add on community who happen to be 3D modelers. One has made all the external stores for many models and just has to clean up the filed for 3D printing. He's doing a 300 gal centerline and pylon for my Freewing F-16 and some droppable JDAMS as well.

Scale gear bays and doors are being drawn up this week as well. The plan is to make them available once they are finished in a kit form.

more to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
                                        RTF!

Sean
                                        I hope your bringing that next week!!!!!! Please!!!!!!

Comment

• Flew mine 8 times yesterday. LOVE flying this jet with the A3-L gyro active. ROCK SOLID HANDLING! I put RX and board under floor so wide batts easily slid forward. I wish it flew for 10 minutes! Bring on the scale mods!

HDX

Comment

Working...
                                          X