Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I picked up a better charger last weekend, for a decent price since it's an older model (still new in box - not a used unit). It's balanced, and has discharge functions including a "Store" setting that either charges or discharges the battery to a proper level for storage.

I noticed when using the Store function last weekend, that the case was getting rather warm, so I took an old, dead computer power supply, gutted the electronics from inside, turned the one fan around so both are blowing into the case, and punched a couple of large holes in top for the charger to sit over. The computer fans run on 12 VDC, so they can work off the same supply as the charger (which, in this photo, is the battery for our popup trailer, sitting atop the clothes dryer).

It seemed like a good way to repurpose some electronic junk, and having worked in electronics for 40 years now, I learned LONG ago that you really couldn't have too much cooling. The charger might be just fine with convection flow through the vents, but a bit of moving air certainly won't hurt.

Comment

• tiger meet power 104 mph

Comment

• Excellent!

Comment

• took the new mirage tiger meet up for a shake down flight all i can say is wow this is going to be fun:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Wow that field looks tight. Do you have any straightaway at all? Where exactly are you in Eustis? Looks nice in the air by the way, just put the 9 blade in my old version but yet to compare.

Comment

• im out on 439 east of town hardly any strightaway when i set up i am headed into a 180 degree corner been flying here for years a little tricky when its windy too but you get used too it

Comment

• Belongs to one of the club members, not mine...

Comment

• Reminds me of my friend John Coolies' Road Runner, 36 years old, original covering and check out the motor!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3954.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	148564

Pretty cool Coolie!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• We have a Road Runner. The fuselage is framed and all the wing ribs are cut. The tail feathers are built... Did this in 1989... and then she sits, waiting...…..

Comment

Working...
                    X