Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once those boxes are mounted and everything painted up, they will be top notch brother!

Comment

• Hope you had a fantastic birthday Matt!!! I am up early. Have all my chores done. Have given the Good Lord a big Thank You!!! For everything... I am on cup of coffee number two and looking forward to a Bloody Mary before noon! :Drinks: Time to make some progress FROM those motor boxes.:Dizzy: Can't wait!!! :Cool:

Comment

• LB, are you drinking coffee or having a good single malt this AM??? :Confused:;):)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
          LB, are you drinking coffee or having a good single malt this AM??? :Confused:;):)
          Mornin H, Just drinking my coffee. Usually, don't imbibe this early unless I am just getting home from a Saturday Night out or my last cocktail was at after midnight when the first was during the previous cocktail hour.LOL I do enjoy my single malts, however. She whose authority exceeds my rank gives me 'the look' when I pour the hair of the dog before 0900. It is not a pretty sight. LOLLOL
          Big time rain here today so no joy. I'll put is some modeling time on the new Spittie and check in on all the guys here at the Squawk today. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• HA!!!! Roger that!!! Scotch in the AM slows you down in the PM.... Watching Black Sheep Squadron and gluing parts!! I am so close to starting to have fun!! The panel lines and rivets will take a few days, and then the paint and weathering!! Good stuff!! Fades, highlights, oil streaks, gun smoke, chips and nicks.... It is a modeler's dream!!!!!!!!
            GET SUM!!!!!!!!! Ok,,,, settle down... Almost time for the Bloody Mary. Thanks for your service Elbee!! Words can't express!!! :Heart:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              HA!!!! Roger that!!! Scotch in the AM slows you down in the PM.... Watching Black Sheep Squadron and gluing parts!! I am so close to starting to have fun!! The panel lines and rivets will take a few days, and then the paint and weathering!! Good stuff!! Fades, highlights, oil streaks, gun smoke, chips and nicks.... It is a modeler's dream!!!!!!!!
              GET SUM!!!!!!!!! Ok,,,, settle down... Almost time for the Bloody Mary. Thanks for your service Elbee!! Words can't express!!! :Heart:
              H, It was an honor and privilege. I am humbled by your words. Thank you, sir. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• OK!!!! Here is the real deal... I have the entire "living area(s)" of the house turned into a workshop. My wonderful wife says.. NO PROBLEM!!! I love her so much! :Heart::Heart::Kiss: Anyway, I have been "motor boxing, ad nauseum on this thread... Really hit a road block on mounting these things to the old firewalls. After many hours of floundering around, my wife is to the rescue again!!! She just left Home Depot and bought a 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" Ryobi corner sander. This way I can strip the fuel-proof paint from the old firewalls without destroying them with a Dremel tool and sanding drum... Yes LB, I am A/R.... I thought that meant a firearm. But anyway..... :Loser:

Comment

• So...… In a few minutes, my lovely wife (hot for 50 years old, BTW ;)) will be home with my new tool, and two (2) quarts of paint for me as well. Interior Green and Dark Olive Drab.... Here she is now. Pulling into the driveway like a NASCAR driver!!!!!!!!!!!! HA!!!!!!!:Win:

Comment

• Good times brother!

Comment

• Comment

• Yes!:Cool:

Comment

• Sneak peek of more to come... ;)

Comment

• From before... Epoxy!!! Love it... :Silly:

Comment

• Oh yeah, that's really good stuff!

Comment

• I am absolutely fascinated by this thread!! It is one of the absolutely most informative threads and has so much detail with accompanying photos it is amazing!! I'm a newbie at r/c airplanes and somewhat awestruck at the thoroughness of the rebuild. Kudos to the builder, those offering quality advice and commentary as well. Looking forward to a video of the "maiden" flight and final touches until then. GIG'EM !!!

Comment

• Whizzer, Welcome to the Squawk! It's the best group of forum members I have read. The help and assistance here are both remarkable and rare IMHO. Best, Elbee
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Whizzer View Post
                                    I am absolutely fascinated by this thread!! It is one of the absolutely most informative threads and has so much detail with accompanying photos it is amazing!! I'm a newbie at r/c airplanes and somewhat awestruck at the thoroughness of the rebuild. Kudos to the builder, those offering quality advice and commentary as well. Looking forward to a video of the "maiden" flight and final touches until then. GIG'EM !!!
                                    Welcome!!! Glad you are here. Thank you for the kind words concerning the build!! Trying to get her done!!! Today is one month from the air show! :Scared:I actually want to leave here on the 17th.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Whizzer View Post
                                      I am absolutely fascinated by this thread!! It is one of the absolutely most informative threads and has so much detail with accompanying photos it is amazing!! I'm a newbie at r/c airplanes and somewhat awestruck at the thoroughness of the rebuild. Kudos to the builder, those offering quality advice and commentary as well. Looking forward to a video of the "maiden" flight and final touches until then. GIG'EM !!!
                                      My wife graduated from A&M in 1990. So GIG'EM!!

Comment

• A couple more... The firewalls are in the paint shop....

Comment

• Right on little bit more at a time

Comment

Working...
                                          X