Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha!!! You were really "working" for a paycheck... I was just spending money on a model!!! Very cool. Wish I could fly with you. We could do a trick!! :Silly:

Comment

• 27 Aug 0456. This is the DO or DO NOT week... There is no TRY...(Master Yoda says so) By the end of today I hope to have some real progress. I have run into several issues with the ESCs and their mounting locations with the capacitor packs attached... They are super smooth on start up and the data logger shows NO ripple effect at all!! :Cool: That is the good news. Making it all fit and cool correctly was the sticking point. So several re-engineering attempts later, here we are..... I think I have it beat today though!!! I am so ready to move on to the panel lines and rivets...

22 Days until departure to Monaville, TX to www.bomberfieldusa.com

Comment

• Just for fun.... I had a hard time soldering the CC cap packs with only two (2) hands... LOL So I used the old servo tray from the B-17 (elevators and rudder) for a jig and it worked well!!! Couple of rubber bands from grocery store produce and bam!! There it is... I am taking orders for 25 cents each!!! Not really... MORE COFFEE please...

Comment

• Sometimes the most simple of things can be the greatest of help!

Comment

• Finished for today.... Or yesterday, actually!!! LOL Night all. Pics to come as it gets exciting. I have some to post. Just need the time to build. I may post most of these after the fact, but it is getting done. Looking for the taxi tests on Sunday!!!

Comment

• Some of the flap work to keep the pics flowing... The interior of the flaps are really rough. This is the first time I have had them off the airplane. I will add details to them with strip styrene while they are off and give them a new coat of interior green.

Comment

• Here are the flaps before glassing. The interior of the flaps is sans detail and I was going to sheet the interior with .020 styrene sheet, but just that tiny bit stops the flaps from fitting correctly... :( So a new coat of paint and moving on... What is on the TV??? :Don't-tell-Anyone:

Comment

• These days, not much

Comment

• LOL. That is why the DVD is playing... I can't stand the cable stuff! Here is one of the capacitor packs on the Phoenix 100 amp ESC. It really smooths out the start. I couldn't believe the difference. :Cool:

Comment

• Heck yeah that's awesome! I ended up watching the right stuff last night. Love that movie

Comment

• Brave men!!! Great movie! The primer is drying on the port flap.. Starboard is smooth as a Corvette hood!!! :Cool: Dang, this is all so time consuming. I feel like a snail in the race... 20 DAYS 'till departure....
                        It is not like this should surprise me... I have built more planes than I can remember... I was doing 7-10 balsa kits a year back in 1984... SO do the math on that. I was just a lot faster at 19 years old than now..... HA!!

Comment

• Sept 19th-22nd Come have a Tequila shot with me after we win the 30th anniversary B-17 Fly-In!!!! :Win::Drinks::Win::Drinks::Win::Drinks: LOL I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fun time for all, regardless. Every pilot there is a winner in my book!!!

Comment

• Oh yeah I'll be there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              Brave men!!! Great movie! The primer is drying on the port flap.. Starboard is smooth as a Corvette hood!!! :Cool: Dang, this is all so time consuming. I feel like a snail in the race... 20 DAYS 'till departure....
                              It is not like this should surprise me... I have built more planes than I can remember... I was doing 7-10 balsa kits a year back in 1984... SO do the math on that. I was just a lot faster at 19 years old than now..... HA!!
                              Pic Just for comparison...
                              I ordered the Phoenix 100 ESC to go in the Ryan along with the Power 60 - had a bunch of points and some Born On Day $$$ to spend. So glad to hear that it is working for you. Ton of engineering going into this bird - wish I could make it for the festivities but I am betting all my chips on a plane ticket for an interview on the 10th, in Dallas. Big gamble but can’t afford not to. All I can say for now, is FG-12...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                www.bomberfieldusa.com

Sept 19th-22nd Come have a Tequila shot with me after we win the 30th anniversary B-17 Fly-In!!!! :Win::Drinks::Win::Drinks::Win::Drinks: LOL I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fun time for all, regardless. Every pilot there is a winner in my book!!!
                                I definitely would if I could but in my absence, I'll salute you and your overall effort and wish you the best of luck, starting today!! Beer being the beverage of choice. Your project was quite an undertaking and worthy of first place, BIG trophy, accolades, monetary reward and overall whole enchilada!! Go get'em and GIG'EM!!

Comment

• LOL!!! Wow...… Thanks so much!!!! That made me smile for sure!!! Trying to get her ready to taxi Sunday. It will be close...

Comment

• After a couple coats of primer, a little spot putty was needed on the flaps...….

Here are a few shots of the pilots, Ben (AkumaZeto) painted, in their "office"...…. without furniture... :P Thanks again Ben!!

Comment

• Looking better by the day!

Comment

• Need more days!!!! LOL Thanks Bro!

Comment

• I hear ya, just got some news I'm not sure how to take. Just got done at neurosurgery, and they said I have significant reductions in reflex response in all limbs. More so in the upper body. Said something is definitely wrong in my neck and possibly more in the lower back, so MRIs are to follow soon. Gotta love it.:Confused:

Comment

Working...
                                          X