X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    This is...much closer to scale than the old gear...
    Hardway, Outstanding. Saluti a ti, mio Amico! Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Mighty fine install.
      Ever forward...

Comment

• Grazie. Sei un buon amico!

Comment

• Good morning all!!! One cup of coffee down and just finishing the computer "duties". We were blessed with rain this AM, so it will be a great day to work in the house on the B-17! (not like I have any choices on that, mind you).
          11 days... First thing is to finish cleaning and prepping the main landing gear parts for paint. Going to refill the "tubes" with moly grease and then reassemble them and hope for the best!!! Have some body work on the fuselage to finish too... The original builder(s) put the forward hatch in the wrong location and have it hinged the wrong direction!! Still trying to figure out how to remedy that!!! Have a very blessed day!!!

Comment

• A lot has been done in a very small amount of time!! I know I hate deadlines myself.

Comment

• Also, I received the custom graphics from Callie!! They look great! There are a few tiny things that still need to be added, but she is on vacation!!! :Scared::Sweating: So, as soon as she gets back and I get the rest of the graphics, then clear coat will happen!! (just hope it is dry by the show!!) LOL

Comment

• Here is the main landing gear progress... From being new in 1989, to as good as I can get them in 2018!! Ha.... Still more to do. But it is getting there... I used the drill and a piece of square balsa to make a "lathe" and used wet and dry paper with WD-40 to polish... Then cleaned with brake cleaner and painted with enamel...

Comment

• Well...…………. I am beyond words at this point!!! I was cleaning the main gear top "tubes" and mounts to paint, since they are stuck in the plane due to building errors and bad planning.... Anyway BOTH gear were slightly loose and when I finally found a wrench to fit into the area, two of the eight (so far), blind nuts are stripped out!!! :Angry::Angry:
                  I noticed the main axles are bent as well, and the port gear is binding as it goes into the UP position... SO basically right now I am bitching... :Not-Talking: I didn't see this bird fly for several shows, so I don't know what kind of landing forces it experienced... This is a major setback. I can't even start to evaluate the amount of labor and more importantly, time, to cut the inboard fiberglass nacelles out and bore into the foam core wing in just HOPES of getting to the dang blind nuts.... Taking a break and having a glass of wine and a cigar in the hot tub...… JUST DANG!!!!!! :Vomit::Crying::Thinking:

Comment

• Wish I could come spend a day, and lend you a hand! What a project.

Comment

• Thanks!!! I am better now!!! Had to regroup!! I appreciate the offer for sure!! BBQ is so close by.... :Cool: EA-6B used to live in Texas. For those who wonder what mystic code I speak!!! BBQ=good...……… :Drooling:

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• Things are looking up. Found several work-arounds!! Not nearly as bad as expected...…. so far!! But I am far from having working main gear, so time will tell!! Back at it!! :Cool: Thanks everyone for the support!! Still a long way till midnight, but then the day count falls to 10!!

Comment

Thanks!!! I am better now!!! Had to regroup!! I appreciate the offer for sure!! BBQ is so close by.... :Cool: EA-6B used to live in Texas. For those who wonder what mystic code I speak!!! BBQ=good...……… :Drooling:
                            Mesquite Pit on 180 in Weatherford. Is that place still going? Was always a favorite with us.
                            Keep pressing! You'll get it finished

Comment

• The prop hubs (nuts) came in today from TruTurn. http://www.truturn.com/ 1 inch base diameter, then down to 7/8". Close to scale. Custom fit for the E-flite Power 60's. I also have scale display props for static judging... 1/10th scale from a B-25!! Every decal and painted; the works!! :Cool:

Comment

• Awesome deal!

Comment

Well...Taking a break and having a glass of wine and a cigar
                                  Hdwy, You are a better man than I, Gunga Din. I'd be drinking gin with someone I'd never met closing in on "Well, ..-. ..- -.-. -.- it then." Tenacity is your virtue. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Mesquite Pit on 180 in Weatherford. Is that place still going? Was always a favorite with us.
                                    Keep pressing! You'll get it finished
                                    Yes it is still there!! Several others have popped up. Railhead BBQ is our favorite now. They have a great bar, so the food is secondary!! LOL (NOT according to my wife though...) We will have some brisket one day!! Night Bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hdwy, You are a better man than I, Gunga Din. I'd be drinking gin with someone I'd never met closing in on "Well, ..-. ..- -.-. -.- it then." Tenacity is your virtue. Best, LB
                                      Well, I would not turn down some Bombay Sapphire, anytime!!! Night Bro!! Thanks....

Comment

• Going to detail these gear parts and then hit the rack. Hoping to be in bed by midnight!! :Sleeping:

Comment

• Sounds like a plan to me!

Comment

Working...
                                          X