Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many parts can be in your main gear?? Glad I took these apart and found the binding issue. Several things were to blame, but polishing the spindle is a key part! Also, finding machining aluminum debris from 1989 in the spindle threads could be an issue!! Old grease, rust on stuff that should not rust, you name it!! The main mounts were also out of square and needed to be reformed and sanded and polished. Paint in the AM and then after that, please let this go back together after all this effort!! And working correctly would be a big bonus!!! :Cool: Night all... 2354. I am on schedule for once!!! WOO HOO!!!

Comment

• One more pic!! They are slick spindles now... I really am excited to get past this part and focus on the fun stuff..... Day 10 !!! NO MORE MAJOR SNAGS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Sounds like a plan to me!
        Night Bro!!! Thanks for all the support!! Coffee at 0600!!

Comment

• Was awake at 0543, but decided coffee could wait until 0730!! :Yawn: Painting the rest of the gear and giving the wheel wells a coat of interior green while they are almost empty... Pics a little later!! :Cool:

Comment

• Good times!:Cool:

Comment

• Some of the "before" bits and pieces...

Comment

• Time to reassemble!!! Thank You Lord!!! I didn't know that I would get so intimate with every dang part of the LG, but they are in tip-top shape now!!! I even polished the connecting pins... :Cool: New as I can get them!!! Time for lunch....

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, I counted the parts used in just the main gear. There are 104 pieces total! This does include the wheels and hubs and assembly screws, but man!!! That is a lot of parts!! :Silly: Going to pick up my kid from school, then back at it at 1545...

Comment

• Looking great!

Comment

• 104 parts? Holy Cwap! You are doing a brilliant job. Enjoying the ride from down here. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Grantham Kid View Post
                        104 parts? Holy Cwap! You are doing a brilliant job. Enjoying the ride from down here. :)
                        Yep. Seemed like a simple thing at first!!! HA!! Thanks!! Glad to have the peace of mind knowing they are all ready to fly!!

Comment

• Home from school and the local Shell station. Got gas, sodas and Beer. Back to work in 20m. Taking a dip in the pool to wash off the B-17G dirt!! My wife tells me that is what the shower is for...…. :Silly::Silly::Silly::Straight-Face: Women.....

Comment

• Indeed

Comment

• Breaking radio silence... Starting in the home stretch. It is Sunday 09 09 18. Seven (7) days left!!! Wow! :Sick2: Starting the painting process. Finally got a break in the much needed rain. The forecast is not in my favor this week... One (1) day, Tuesday, is rain free... Not great conditions for the painter!!! But there is a ton on other stuff to do, so onward!!

Comment

• Indeed! Stay the course brother!:Cool:

Comment

• Its coming together, looking good. R.
                                  AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    Breaking radio silence... Starting in the home stretch, so onward!!
                                    H, Looking good, Pards! Proud of ya, big time. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Making it happen the Hardway!:Cool:

Comment

• :Sick2::Sweating::Confused: That about covers it.... Still working! No time to post pics... (6) days. Rain is a big hamper. Thanks all!!

Comment

• Yeah and we have a possibility of a tropical storm coming in about that time, lets hope it stays away

Comment

Working...
                                          X