Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	165741
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

How does it fly much like the fms v3?
        AMA 1102566

Comment

Also, here is the 3DPUP Cockpit Set in .STL format.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (904).png
Views:	3070
Size:	498.0 KB
ID:	165750Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (905).png
Views:	2998
Size:	637.2 KB
ID:	165751

Attached Files
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Print some whistles for the wing roots, too. Thingiverse has a few. We designed the oil cooler intakes to be ducted, as can be seen in TiredIronGRB's photo above, so there's compressed airflow inside that area, which is perfect for whistles. WHISTLING DEATH!

Comment

Looks amazing. I may have to get one to paint as the CAF Dixie Wing “530” or the Olympia, WA “115” award winner. Is it the usual two screws and a ribbon connector per wing?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                Print some whistles for the wing roots, too. Thingiverse has a few. We designed the oil cooler intakes to be ducted, as can be seen in TiredIronGRB's photo above, so there's compressed airflow inside that area, which is perfect for whistles. WHISTLING DEATH!

TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TLewis95 View Post
                  Looks amazing. I may have to get one to paint as the CAF Dixie Wing “530” or the Olympia, WA “115” award winner. Is it the usual two screws and a ribbon connector per wing?
                  Yes, usual two screws and a ribbon connector per wing.

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                  How does it fly much like the fms v3?

There were some things I loved about my old FMS 1.4m Corsair V3. We kept those aspects in our 1.6m Corsair --lightly wing loaded, easy to land, nice scale-ish flaps. There were several aspects I wanted to improve, such as including a retracting tail wheel, suspension struts, brighter LEDs, scale flaps with four flap servos instead of only two, modern fit/finish (sharper panel lines and more accurate detailing in certain areas), bigger power system for longer flight times and overall better performance envelope, and a big 90% scale prop. The FMS was always a little too slow for me. This one isn't --and it has vertical to spare.

The 1.6m Corsair sits perfectly in my eyes between the old 1.4m and 1.7m Corsairs we've all had in the past from FMS in terms of features, performance, practicality, and cost of ownership. As we said in the video, this project was about "Redefining a Classic" and putting our spin on this well loved aircraft. We hope people love it for many years.

My quick and dirty flight video shows off a range of maneuvers and behavior. Slow, quick, vertical, consecutive tight banking turns (flat figure 8) without any hint of a stall or snap, inverted loop, long glide and loop without power, 8 minute flight (with voltage left to spare), etc.

This was a Live Premiere announcement of the new FlightLine RC F4U-1A/D 1600mm Corsair, check the live chat on the right for all the fun we had and visit the...

Comment

Yes, usual two screws and a ribbon connector per wing.

There were some things I loved about my old FMS 1.4m Corsair V3. We kept those aspects in our 1.6m Corsair --lightly wing loaded, easy to land, nice scale-ish flaps. There were several aspects I wanted to improve, such as including a retracting tail wheel, suspension struts, brighter LEDs, scale flaps with four flap servos instead of only two, modern fit/finish (sharper panel lines and more accurate detailing in certain areas), bigger power system for longer flight times and overall better performance envelope, and a big 90% scale prop. The FMS was always a little too slow for me. This one isn't --and it has vertical to spare.

The 1.6m Corsair sits perfectly in my eyes between the old 1.4m and 1.7m Corsairs we've all had in the past from FMS in terms of features, performance, practicality, and cost of ownership. As we said in the video, this project was about "Redefining a Classic" and putting our spin on this well loved aircraft. We hope people love it for many years.

My quick and dirty flight video shows off a range of maneuvers and behavior. Slow, quick, vertical, consecutive tight banking turns (flat figure 8) without any hint of a stall or snap, inverted loop, long glide and loop without power, 8 minute flight (with voltage left to spare), etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzZub38jcR0
                    Well I asked because I know Aros was a huge fan of the 1.7 and tried hard as nails to make the lx 1.6 worthy. The fms 1.4 had a major stall factor and low speed and thats to be expected of any plan I suppose. The wind took mine 4 feet off the deck into a fire hydrant and she was gone forever. I had rebuilt it twice before from the ground up with all new foam. I thought she was cursed. I abosultuley hate my 1.6 spit but I chalk that up to the elliptical wing. I can only hope you guys make a hellcat as there are no offerings anymore other than the Dynam and truth be told the Dynam f6f was the first warbird I ever flew and I still have it actually. I flew the wings off it. Last time that flew the esc was on fire and I was able to land it just before it powered down for the last time. Click image for larger version

Name:	18768431_10213602940926632_7734596370603997446_o.jpg
Views:	2721
Size:	573.8 KB
ID:	165763
                    AMA 1102566

Comment

I am very impressed! This looks really super. Order# 373906 !!

I can't wait to install whistles in the roots. That feature did it for me!
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

AkumaZeto, I hear you on the stall on the old FMS 1.7m Corsair. Since you rebuilt yours, you probably noticed as I did that they used a thick metal square tube in the wing that added to the overall heavy wing-loading of the bird with its given power system. I bought two LX 1.6ms also, before giving up on that toy. By contrast, I really liked how Eflite's 1.2m Corsair flew. Well mannered, pilot friendly. We tried to fine the balance between size and performance. One of the secrets is our wing selection. Stiff where it needs to be, flexible where it wants to be, with a changing airfoil.

Note also the upswept underside wingtips --that was a request after people saw our P-38 three years ago. We were able to incorporate that scale aesthetic without major penalty in flight handling.

Thanks, Themudduck! I used three different whistles for varying tones.

Comment

AkumaZeto, I hear you on the stall on the old FMS 1.7m Corsair. Since you rebuilt yours, you probably noticed as I did that they used a thick metal square tube in the wing that added to the overall heavy wing-loading of the bird with its given power system. I bought two LX 1.6ms also, before giving up on that toy. By contrast, I really liked how Eflite's 1.2m Corsair flew. Well mannered, pilot friendly. We tried to fine the balance between size and performance. One of the secrets is our wing selection. Stiff where it needs to be, flexible where it wants to be, with a changing airfoil.

Note also the upswept underside wingtips --that was a request after people saw our P-38 three years ago. We were able to incorporate that scale aesthetic without major penalty in flight handling.

Thanks, Themudduck! I used three different whistles for varying tones.
                          Mine had like a flat shank in it. Talking the 1.4 ver 3. IT flew great and landed like butter. I loved the plane. I am going to have to wait until I wrap up a studio scale Millennium Falcon to purchase though.
                          AMA 1102566

Comment

Your killing me Motion Rc, another plane I cant afford, It sucks having no job and being turned down. All I wish is to own 1 plane to fly to keep my mind off bad things. I dont even go to the field anymore cause its depressing seeing people fly what I cant even have. You guys need a warehouse in Cali so I could work for you guys, Im a big time warbird guy and would love to try your new warbirds I know Jon and Tony and would love to work with them but I know its all a dream for me so off to bed for another depressing day
                            Show lessREPLY

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Terrific detail and amazing quality appearance. Thank you for producing another great product. I just bought the F22 and will need to recover my wallet … wish I could preorder from the first batch.

All the best
                              Rich

Comment

Birdcage for me; Pre-order done. I am seriously excited about this bird.
                                Tolga
                                Instagram: @_t01ga_
                                YouTube: t01ga

Comment

Can you post a link to a few of them or are they 3D nerf whistles? I have pleanty of those.

Comment

hello. I dreamed of this plane; FlightLine done it; thanks so much. it will be a great gift for my birthday in February ( 50 years old :) ) ordered :)

Comment

Wow, absolutely wow! When I am due for a nice Corsair, I know exactly which one to buy. You guys did an outstanding job with the Corsair. Really happy there is an option for either canopy and both include a scale 3 blade prop. For some reason, I never liked the 4 blade prop on the Corsair nearly as much.

I am a little relieved that it isn't a B-29 or O-2 as those on are my must have list and a new plane is something I just can't do at the moment.

Comment

Oh my, I've been waiting for a Corsair again .. this looks like it will fit the bill

Comment

Alpha, can you tell me if the US National Markings (Star or Star-and-bars) are factory applied? I'm hoping "not" as that opens up some great alternate color schemes -- British, New Zealand, etc. I'm thrilled about the birdcage version -- so long overdue!

I'm a designer -- so I'm always interested in hearing your rationale for why you did things one way or another. It appears to me that the main wheels are smaller than scale -- am I right, and where did you run into trouble?

Finally, I received my new F-22 on Friday and assembled it Sunday. It's a truly gorgeous piece of industrial design -- congratulations on a superb job. Can't wait to fly it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X