Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some CG questions, do you guys use your fingers to test CG? Should these planes be tested upside down as opposed to rightside up?

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
      Some CG questions, do you guys use your fingers to test CG? Should these planes be tested upside down as opposed to rightside up?
      I check CG both ways especially anytime I change something; larger / smaller battery etc.

Comment

• I hold mine to balance whichever way is the most stable. High wing planes tend to be more stable when balancing right side up. Low wing planes tend to be more stable when holding them upside down. Mid-wing planes you'll figure out for yourself which way "teeters" the least. Besides, these larger foamies are somewhat forgiving if the CG is off by a few mm.

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks Guys, I'll give it a try later tonights!

sfcfury you're not sleeping tonight.... lmaooooo !! :)

Comment

• Flew her an hour ago...For those of you who are nervous about flying her, or on the fence..Don't be. For the size, it flies like a 1100mm wing-load-wise. It's really impressive. I expect it to react like a 1600mm and it never does. Just a pleasure from takeoff to touchdown. Best foam Corsair I have ever flown and it's not even close.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mondaysortie.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	183955
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Just beautiful Todd. Kinda wish I hadn't started in with the tricolor scheme but then again it's still awhile before flying season. Hope to get both the Corsair and the Raptor done before that monster 100" P-38 arrives at my door. That's when the butt clenching will start for sure.LOLI will have to start another thread on that baby for the maiden flights and finish surfaces in the fall. Hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.:Scared:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  Flew her an hour ago...For those of you who are nervous about flying her, or on the fence..Don't be. For the size, it flies like a 1100mm wing-load-wise. It's really impressive. I expect it to react like a 1600mm and it never does. Just a pleasure from takeoff to touchdown. Best foam Corsair I have ever flown and it's not even close.

Name:	mondaysortie.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	183955
                  So you are saying to get the bubble top to match my bird cage?
                  Is that what you are saying? :-)
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Anybody flying with the robart 3.5 diamond treads? Curious about CG with those wheels...
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                      So you are saying to get the bubble top to match my bird cage? Is that what you are saying? :-)
                      That is PRECISELY what I am saying! LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                        Just beautiful Todd. Kinda wish I hadn't started in with the tricolor scheme but then again it's still awhile before flying season. Hope to get both the Corsair and the Raptor done before that monster 100" P-38 arrives at my door. That's when the butt clenching will start for sure.LOLI will have to start another thread on that baby for the maiden flights and finish surfaces in the fall. Hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.:Scared:
                        Hahaha, see Brad, be careful what you wish for! The more beautiful the model the more pucker factor! Don't worry, you got this! :Cool::Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                          Anybody flying with the robart 3.5 diamond treads? Curious about CG with those wheels...
                          I've had no problem with them but did check CG twice.

Comment

• OMG!!!! A little off subject but I have to share this to all you WWII nuts. I'm in my hangar working on my latest episode and my better half just surprised me with a homemade WWII chocolate cake with maple frosting! For those of you who may not know or remember....during WWII there were endless rations including eggs, milk, oil etc. So, when someone wanted to bake a cake and didn't have all the basic liquid necessities what do you think they turned to that was plentiful? Mayonnaise! Yes - Mayonnaise has all the oil, eggs and milk you need to bake a cake. Sounds gross but most mayonnaise manufactures have the recipe on their label. Hellman's / Best Foods was the best.

One of my Christmas gifts this year was a small 4-½ x 6 inch leather bound book engraved “Cooking Recipes”, purchased at an antique mall in Sugar Creek, Ohio.  The pages are edged in gold and there…

Try it, you'll never eat another cake without it! LOLLOLLOLLOL

Name:	Mayo Cake.JPG
Views:	848
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	183989

Comment

• FYI “ Scale Police”:

l plan to replicate :Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                OMG!!!! A little off subject but I have to share this to all you WWII nuts. I'm in my hangar working on my latest episode and my better half just surprised me with a homemade WWII chocolate cake with maple frosting! For those of you who may not know or remember....during WWII there were endless rations including eggs, milk, oil etc. So, when someone wanted to bake a cake and didn't have all the basic liquid necessities what do you think they turned to that was plentiful? Mayonnaise! Yes - Mayonnaise has all the oil, eggs and milk you need to bake a cake. Sounds gross but most mayonnaise manufactures have the recipe on their label. Hellman's / Best Foods was the best.

One of my Christmas gifts this year was a small 4-½ x 6 inch leather bound book engraved “Cooking Recipes”, purchased at an antique mall in Sugar Creek, Ohio.  The pages are edged in gold and there…

Try it, you'll never eat another cake without it! LOLLOLLOLLOL

Name:	Mayo Cake.JPG
Views:	848
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	183989
                                It just so happens that I LOVE mayonnaise! LOL
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                                  A little more weathering and added wires to radial Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_132715.jpg
Views:	1502
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	183827Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_155607.jpg
Views:	1519
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	183828Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_132626.jpg
Views:	1505
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	183829Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_132643.jpg
Views:	1548
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	183830Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_155625.jpg
Views:	1506
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	183831
                                  Brandon,
                                  Your double wasp radial is simply outstanding, especially with the additional wires. I was thinking of copying you using the FMS 1400mm Corsair pistons, but a thought occurred to me. What about air flow to keep the battery, esc and electronics from overheating. Do your modifications essentially block the majority of the air flow into the fuselage? I live in Florida and a cold day is in the 80's, so in mid summer in the 90's, I need all the "cooler" air I can get. I even add additional "hood scoops" to ventilate the planes I install the sound system on as the board and TT-25's get fairly hot, even with additional heat sink and the additional ventilation. Any thoughts? :Thinking:
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

I've had no problem with them but did check CG twice.
                                    Many Thanks Brother.... and on a side note, Portillo's Chocolate cake= Mayo.. Melts in your mouth! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Brandon,
                                      Your double wasp radial is simply outstanding, especially with the additional wires. I was thinking of copying you using the FMS 1400mm Corsair pistons, but a thought occurred to me. What about air flow to keep the battery, esc and electronics from overheating. Do your modifications essentially block the majority of the air flow into the fuselage? I live in Florida and a cold day is in the 80's, so in mid summer in the 90's, I need all the "cooler" air I can get. I even add additional "hood scoops" to ventilate the planes I install the sound system on as the board and TT-25's get fairly hot, even with additional heat sink and the additional ventilation. Any thoughts? :Thinking:
                                      There is really no more blockage than the origional one. Haven't noticed any problems with that.
                                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
                                        Some CG questions, do you guys use your fingers to test CG? Should these planes be tested upside down as opposed to rightside up?

CG on a Corsair should be done with plane upside down (inverted) and with the LANDING GEAR UP (RETRACTED). If you test the CG with the gear down there will be a shift of weight when retracted potentially producing a tail heavy aircraft because the gear goes rearward when retracted.

Tom

Comment

• Would any of you be so kind to take some measurements on the metal prop reinforcement piece? In particular the distance between the 2 prop screw holes and then the center to the first prop screw hole.

Was going to order one from MotionRC but they are out of stock at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                          X