Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post
    Love coming ....
    There are some in-flight still's I'll post a little later too.

Stuart.
    great job stuart!!! I don't think you guys mentioned in the video are you using the Admiral6000 w/Gyro, and what Combo did you have it set to, and your thoughts on that setting?

Comment

• Great video, Stuart!

Bob

Comment

• Nice flying stewart! Love the color scheme!

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post

great job stuart!!! I don't think you guys mentioned in the video are you using the Admiral6000 w/Gyro, and what Combo did you have it set to, and your thoughts on that setting?
          Hi, yes I should have mentioned, got caught up in the excitement ???? I don’t have a Spketrum radio so I use FR-Sky. It was a standard 8ch Rx, no gyro, but the Corsair wouldn’t need one anyway, if you were concerned that it might?

S.

Comment

• Thanks Bob, Seth, she’s a pleasure to fly for sure and yes, any extra colour that can be added to the Corsair (especially the late version with its dark blue) helps them stand out in the air, but in the pits too ????

S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post

Hi, yes I should have mentioned, got caught up in the excitement ???? I don’t have a Spketrum radio so I use FR-Sky. It was a standard 8ch Rx, no gyro, but the Corsair wouldn’t need one anyway, if you were concerned that it might?

S.
              Thanks for the response Stuart, this was the best video to date that showed the stability of the plane, hands down. I was just curious to know if the plane flew that well without a gyro. apparently it does :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                I’m nearing completion of Gus’s Gopher. Special thanks to “LB” as without his initial input and 3DP cockpit, this would be just another plain Jane warbird of mine!:Cool:Thanks LB!

3 3/4 inch Robart tires, 3DP cockpit, Warbird Pilot, canopy repaint, engine mods, gun port mods, fuel caps with pull for main tank battery access, Callie Graphics... a bit more weathering and such as time permits but it’s 90% and airworthy now.

Click image for larger version Name:	1CDD1E80-6C4D-420A-A2FC-2A9E05B4F003.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	182677Click image for larger version Name:	7C2D4019-927A-4DD9-8652-2CD9431A2E84.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	56.2 KB ID:	182678Click image for larger version Name:	336F420B-7F75-4114-A216-A2DBEC6C9165.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	83.9 KB ID:	182676Click image for larger version Name:	44330C76-7957-4A1A-8730-CD9020180E96.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	182679Click image for larger version Name:	E95CD8FF-986F-45AC-8481-25121823365B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	89.8 KB ID:	182680Click image for larger version Name:	D2AA072A-E2C8-4B77-9420-17EC813E4891.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	376.9 KB ID:	182687Click image for larger version Name:	FC606070-8991-4A1C-95A4-966CA5344B92.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	282.8 KB ID:	182681Click image for larger version Name:	96363094-4053-4960-9234-53264D189D62.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	298.8 KB ID:	182682Click image for larger version Name:	D352EEE3-22E9-460E-9157-E2BC048A9657.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	331.2 KB ID:	182683Click image for larger version Name:	454FB22E-F033-46EF-9431-C34207165E1F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	378.2 KB ID:	182684Click image for larger version Name:	7EAB1B90-8F32-4A2C-AA55-BA7FCCA8F41A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	371.2 KB ID:	182685Click image for larger version Name:	F73B8C35-C3A6-4B16-B875-3EE920CE9768.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	363.4 KB ID:	182686Click image for larger version Name:	3279D908-F2F4-49EA-ABF0-E88202F1D357.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	356.8 KB ID:	182688
                OT! - You are a master. Fantastic job on the GGFR.:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Stuart MRC - Beautiful bird and great flight on a "sunny" day there in the UK! I'm going to do a bit of lighter tone paint on the under carriage of my Bubbletop but not for the scale police...., to better see this bird in the clouds and darker skies we typically have here in the Northwest (Seattle area). We're a lot like you in the UK - our frequent gray broken clouds seems to increase Spatial-D at least for me so maybe the two-tone paint will help. :Scared:LOL Send those sunny days our way - PLEASE! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                    Send those sunny days our way - PLEASE! Thanks for sharing.
                    Hey, we've been enjoying quite a few successive days of Sun here thank you very much! Now about those winds... LOL
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Hey, we've been enjoying quite a few successive days of Sun here thank you very much! Now about those winds... LOL
                      Yes, Aros - I can't complain, we've had several days of sun too, though "COLD" but when the dark gray/blue broken clouds come in late afternoon I can't see my damn plane!! LOLLOL

Comment

• Yes cold and windy here! I did find some time to run back to the school and fly and I nearly regretted it. Flying the pattern was fine but the wind was wicked in the lower altitudes - especially for approach - there were a couple aborts from a wicked down draft...Finally got her down but not the softest of landings...Eesh. I won't fly again until these winds die down. And when they do of course the rain will return.

:Angry:
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Even 46 degrees here this morning. Got one flight on the Corsair, had to land in the rain --- she probably thought she was on a carrier approach somewhere in the Pacific.

I used too feel guilty about having 340 days of flyable weather every year but I did my 30 years up in Michigan so not feeling so guilty these days. Good grief the clocks change next week !

Comment

• I bought the pilot on acesofiron.com does anyone know what the turn around time is on this? I purchased it on Sunday and have not heard anything since.

Comment

• Aces of Iron tend to fall in the 2-4 days after purchase before you get a shipping notice. I have used them several times. They will ship but admittedly the communication chain is poor.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                Stuart MRC - Beautiful bird and great flight on a "sunny" day there in the UK! I'm going to do a bit of lighter tone paint on the under carriage of my Bubbletop but not for the scale police...., to better see this bird in the clouds and darker skies we typically have here in the Northwest (Seattle area). We're a lot like you in the UK - our frequent gray broken clouds seems to increase Spatial-D at least for me so maybe the two-tone paint will help. :Scared:LOL Send those sunny days our way - PLEASE! Thanks for sharing.
                                Hey you are welcome and if you want the weather we have now (wind and rain) I can send that over too ???? This was shot in The Netherlands, near to our EU warehouse BTW.

S.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
                                  I bought the pilot on acesofiron.com does anyone know what the turn around time is on this? I purchased it on Sunday and have not heard anything since.
                                  I purchased the Aces of Iron Pilot and the Warbirds Pilot on the same day (wasn't sure which I am using for the Corsair, but since decided on the Warbirds Pilot with moving head), and the Aces of Iron delivered in 6 business days (admittedly with not much communication), and the Warbirds in 7. You should get it by the end of the week or beginning of next week if you made your order on Sunday.

Good Luck,:Cool::corsair
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• So I thought I would post some pics tonight, as I'm about 50% on my build.. I went with the standard Lt. Col. Donald Yost, decal sheet, but sort of got a little creative, with the tail, I really like the half white, I airbrushed it on tonight and really happy how it came out. Base layer weathering is down then i'll clean it up.

​​turns out VMF 422 in 1945 followed this paint scheme.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-VMF-422-FF57-CVE-109-USS-Cape-Gloucester-July-1945-0A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	183137
                                    I have a new pilot on the way in the mail, will paint him up and got the upgraded wheels coming and will paint the hubs after

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190305_234255130_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.2 KB ID:	183116Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190305_234323622_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	183117Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190305_234402853_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	183118
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Looking good! I dig the creativity! :Cool:
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Really close paint match for touch up on darker blueish gray (top) of birdcage version.
                                        Valspar 4007-4A Magnet Dapple sample from Lowes.
                                        Extremely close except sheen, matte top coat should do the trick.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCheek View Post
                                          Really close paint match for touch up on darker blueish gray (top) of birdcage version.
                                          Valspar 4007-4A Magnet Dapple sample from Lowes.
                                          Extremely close except sheen, matte top coat should do the trick.
                                          Welcome to the Squawk and Thank You for the tip! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X