Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post

I was an Ambroid guy myself...Oh, Testers Corsair Blue dope, too. :Silly:
    If not for being a "dope head" for so many years, I'd actually look like I'm 38 years old today. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post
      questions for you guys as I am currently assembling my f4u1d- came without an antenna and is bare foam on top of tail? anyone get this as well?(nothing to fit it in bags either) after I install my lemon DSMX receiver, I cycle flaps and gear (seem to work) I am sitting right next to the plane and the flaps retracted on one side automatically? this happened a few times, also the gear would retract very very slowly, on one instance the doors only opened and the gear did not extend? it had been working earlier as I was messing with the servo speed but I put it all back to normal. very concerning as it seems to have a mind of its own and with gear and flaps?
      That little "antenna" is supposed to be molded into the top of the vertical tail fin. If it's bare foam on top, I'd hazard to guess that the top portion of your tail fin got scraped off.
      As for your other gremlins, check the wiring diagram for the wing boards and test the doors and retracts with a servo tester. On my Corsair, on one side, the retract and door were in each other's plugs. Also, a couple of the plugs were not fully seated. Also check that all the plugs in the main control board are in the right spots and completely pushed on and proper polarity.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Though I still have 3 Gasses I am a sucker for the ease and satisfaction that my Electric fleet brings me !! I am with you Viper!
        E4 - Sweet Hangar! :Cool:

Comment

• I went through up to a gallon of Pactra or Sig Dope a month for several years.

Mom made me do most of the painting outdoors because I could fumigate the whole house.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Me too!! All time favorite helicopter. I grew up close to an army base, so I've watched it all my life... well at least until the Army retired them. Yes that is the 500 Roban. I'm working on the 700 one now.
            I love the Cobra. I was avionics & weapons fire control on Cobras and Hueys when I was in the USMC 94 to 99. AH-1W some with the Night Targeting System upgrade, some without. Also HH-1N & UH-1N some SCAS and some Stab Bars.

Comment

• does anyone have diagrams to the corsair for Callies graphics? there is a page full of them and I have not a clue where they go?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                That little "antenna" is supposed to be molded into the top of the vertical tail fin. If it's bare foam on top, I'd hazard to guess that the top portion of your tail fin got scraped off.
                As for your other gremlins, check the wiring diagram for the wing boards and test the doors and retracts with a servo tester. On my Corsair, on one side, the retract and door were in each other's plugs. Also, a couple of the plugs were not fully seated. Also check that all the plugs in the main control board are in the right spots and completely pushed on and proper polarity.
                did some testing and moving around and that was it! yeah props to motion, they sent me out a new rudder shortly after I sent in a ticket! awesome service!

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post

Try a small flathead.
                  Yes, I tried to Dremel a straight cut across it and use a straight edge screw driver and it worked. The servo arm was toast but I wasn't going to use that one anyway. Don't know what torque wrench they use to set those screws at the factory but they need to back off it a bit. :P

Comment

check that all the plugs in the main control board are in the right spots and completely pushed on and proper polarity.
                    I concur. Haven’t got to checking the Corsair yet, but my F7F Tigercat has more than its share of “mis-set” plugs on the wing boards. Spent a little time straightening them out :Thinking:. All part of a thorough “ before I take to the air” pre flight for any new aircraft.

May be the plane was built late on a Friday afternoon and the QC person had already decided it was five o’clock somewhere :Drinks::Party::Drinks:.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                      Sorry to be reading about your mishap! were you on final with some power on or did you just cut the power to soon....? Please share what happened to the landing gear and where the stress points are, photos? I will pick up some spare parts just in case I do this too.
                      I was on final and starting to flare when I realized I didn't have enough throttle...Usually I have around 25-30% of so...For whatever reason I was around 10-15% and I hit stall speed causing her to pancake down where the retracts collapsed due to the impact.

Retracts are unresponsive...The struts rotate freely and have no resistance/lock anymore. The gear door servos still operate. The gear doors, surrounding mounting areas and props need to be replaced. Just ordered all the replacement parts.

It's just money, right? :Silly::Angry::(

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5161.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	184311
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I received a PM saying "If it's a good quality plane and flies well, what does it matter how it's powered?"

After watching some videos and seeing pictures of the Corsair I'm going to hit that "order now" button.

Thanks Roy

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          Would anyone be willing to download and print the 3DPup cockpit parts for me for a fee? I need someone with access to a 3D printer who would be willing to print them on my behalf and send to AkumaZeto for assembly and painting. I will gladly cover any and all costs for printing materials/shipping. Much thanks in advance!!
                          Hi: I am also in the same boat. I don't have a 3D printer or access to one, but would like to purchase the printed cockpit parts for the F4U-1D bubbletop Flightline Corsair that I just got. If anyone is interested in doing this project for me, we can discuss what you would charge and other details. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                            I've been wrestling with the idea of purchasing this beauty. I just stop short of hitting the "place order" button because to me an electric Corsair isn't a CORSAIR.
                            Must be my age or the fact that I've only flown using nitro until recently.
                            Maybe this isn't the place but maybe some of you can convince me into buying this.

Tom
                            Hey Tom, I just have to add one more thing. I too was a nitro and gas flyer for 30 years and every time I built and flew one of my favorite war birds,after getting past the learning period with several high wing trainer types, I wished they could have a larger, more scale size, and multiple blade prop like the real deal. To me the most beautiful scale fighter,and I've had a few, with a 2 blade high rpm type prop just ruined it. At many scale events including the Scale Masters and Top Gun, which I have been to many times, the participants would have a "static" prop for looks and judging and replace it with a "flying" prop to compete. Not neccesary with electrics and far less stress with an engine out scenario with a twin. Just sayin":Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post

I was an Ambroid guy myself...Oh, Testers Corsair Blue dope, too. :Silly:
                              Ha! Me too on the Ambroid back in my control line days with Veco planes , McKoy engines, and silk and dope. I actually have two control line planes in the Air and Space Museum in San Diego.:Cool:Circa 1964.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

I was on final and starting to flare when I realized I didn't have enough throttle...Usually I have around 25-30% of so...For whatever reason I was around 10-15% and I hit stall speed causing her to pancake down where the retracts collapsed due to the impact.

Retracts are unresponsive...The struts rotate freely and have no resistance/lock anymore. The gear door servos still operate. The gear doors, surrounding mounting areas and props need to be replaced. Just ordered all the replacement parts.

It's just money, right? :Silly::Angry::(
                                Yikes, only money to keep building all that experience :)

I figured you had throttle on final... I will keep mine pointing down or keep 25% until almost the wheels touching.... I am glad the parts are not too expensive. I heard MRC just received a shipment of FW parts so once they get inventoried it will be nice to get some spares
                                Rich

Comment

• Hey Todd, something you said about looking over the damage caught my attention. Whenever I have a crash that's bad I have to leave it alone for a day or two sometimes and kind of get over it a little first before assessing the damage and thinking about repairs. I'm guessing that's what you did with the bent wing bird....just wanted to acknowledge the feeling my friend.

Comment

• A question for all you MOD guys out here. Changing out a motor in a different plane and going to either an 80 or 100 amp ESC. I want to stick with the Freewing/Flightline stuff..can I stuff one of the EDF ESC's into one of my prop planes? Reason I ask is I have never had any issues with these ESC's and they are half the price and weight of the Castle ones.

Comment

• Update on the 3D printed cockpit parts for the Bubble Top.
                                      I was lucky enough to get an outstanding squawker to print the parts for me and I have to say the quality is superb, better than what 3D parts MRC prints. As others have stated, the print files for the panel are slightly wider than the panel in the bubble top, but not an issue. With a little "trimming of the fat", maybe only a 1/4", and it fits like a dream (see photos). Callie's instrument panel graphic fits it perfectly, so if it was any narrower, it would not have worked. One hell of a lot better than stock, and I'm not sure I will end up seeing any difference if it was exactly correct.

I'm finally getting around to do some work on the plane, but the weather has been so good for the last several weeks here in Florida, I just couldn't help flying instead of building. At this rate, maybe I'll have the Corsair finished by Hurricane season. Made some of the engine modifications Ole-Timer did (thanks for your creative ideas), but haven't had the time to add the additional pistons like Brandon did. Guess he'll just have to be content to be the best. Got my Warbird pilot and working on cramming him into the cockpit. Maybe I'll put a sunroof in and let his head stick out the top. Still need to do additional painting, apply the graphics, install the sound card and TT-25's, put my treaded Robarts on and coat the urethane final coat before she's ready to join the others at the field. If this flies anything like it looks (again, FL clearly makes the best quality product), and anything like what most of you have said, I'm in for a real treat! Anyone want to buy an FMS Corsair, cheap?:Silly::corsair
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
                                        A question for all you MOD guys out here. Changing out a motor in a different plane and going to either an 80 or 100 amp ESC. I want to stick with the Freewing/Flightline stuff..can I stuff one of the EDF ESC's into one of my prop planes? Reason I ask is I have never had any issues with these ESC's and they are half the price and weight of the Castle ones.
                                        Shouldn't be a problem...the ESC doesn't care if it has a fan or a prop as long as your ESC can handle the AMP draw. Test with a Watt meter and allow minimum 20% over the draw of the motor with the intended prop.

Tom

Comment

If not for being a "dope head" for so many years, I'd actually look like I'm 38 years old today. ;)
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	22366663_10208192274359587_7081832790696846142_n.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	184383

Mike
                                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                          X