Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G54, you're gonna drop 'em at least twice in the next 5 years, so 'what Beeg said". Just don't forget to use the "Turn Off Button" as the less expensive models don't have auto-shutdown and buy a 10 pack of batteries, these are cheap insurance. Trust me on this one. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I bought a nice stainless steel digital caliper from Amazon for around $30 if I recall. I absolutely love it.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I got my bubbletop Corsair last week. Had a friend do the maiden on it which went well. I flew it yesterday, got about 6 takeoffs and landings. None of them perfect yet, but safe, no dings, scrapes or gnashing of teeth! I decided to paint mine up in the colors of one of the planes from the top Corsair ace (25 kills), Lt. Robert M. "Butcher Bob" Hanson, USMCR. I'm still waiting for some graphics from Callie, but I'm going ahead with detailing the engine compartment some, and doing some weathering on the plane. I think I'm going to really have fun with this one!

Comment

• Looks great Dave! Love the weathering and engine detail. Don't be like me and hit stall speed before the flare finding out the retracts sacrifice themselves in order to save the integrity of the wing and you won't have to worry about a thing. She's a jewel!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            Looks great Dave! Love the weathering and engine detail. Don't be like me and hit stall speed before the flare finding out the retracts sacrifice themselves in order to save the integrity of the wing and you won't have to worry about a thing. She's a jewel!
            Sorry that happened, Aros, but you'll be back at it before you know it! I did put my landing flaps at the scale 40 degrees deflection, probably more than what the manufacturer recommended, but on advice from others on this forum, I kept the power up right into the flare and it seemed to work out ok. Got a little harmless skip on some landings, but I'll iron that out.

On my Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, I put the landing flaps at the scale 85 degree deflection, and that works very well for me and looks cool, too!

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
              I got my bubbletop Corsair last week. I think I'm going to really have fun with this one!
              DG, She looks great. Beautiful detailing. Bravo Zulu. Best LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks, LB. Still working on the detailing and finishing over the next several weeks. In the meantime, I'm enjoying flying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

OH NO:Scared: Scrape your tongue brother. You need to come to the north east and enjoy a Yuengling.
                  Best tasting beer from the oldest brewery in the US right there in good ol' Pottsville PA.........Hey is it 420 LOL
                  Ya know the factory is only less than an hour drive from our flying field! :)

Good stuff! :Cool:

Comment

• Loving my birdcage but I got my tail wheel out of alignment yesterday dealing with a tricky crosswind. Still retracts fine but obviously pulls to the right on the ground. How do I fix this?

also, does anyone have a good color match for some touch up paint?

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                      Loving my birdcage but I got my tail wheel out of alignment yesterday dealing with a tricky crosswind. Still retracts fine but obviously pulls to the right on the ground. How do I fix this?

also, does anyone have a good color match for some touch up paint?

thanks
                      Deploy the tail gear. Look down into the steering mechanism where you should see the control rod from the servo to the steering arm. There, you should see a lock screw. You should be able to deduce what to do next.

Comment

• Your pretty much staring the set screw in the face when you look to the starboard side of your tailwheel.
                        Its in that nice little hole to fit a Phillips screw driver into.
                        Mine was not straight from the factory and required monkeying.

I use Testors Intermediate Blue to do the paint deed. But in my case I’d be horrified if anything matched on the Gophers upper surfaces! Straight up is factory of course.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F0404121-13A6-4615-AFA8-9D0E1F6E7DE1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	184908 Click image for larger version

Name:	05532EBE-1D9A-41F3-9D47-3379B5F4B0FE.jpeg
Views:	875
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	184910

Comment

• A picture is worth a thousand words ...................... well, any number of words I can come up with. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                            Your pretty much staring the set screw in the face when you look to the starboard side of your tailwheel.
                            Its in that nice little hole to fit a Phillips screw driver into.
                            Mine was not straight from the factory and required monkeying.

I use Testors Intermediate Blue to do the paint deed. But in my case I’d be horrified if anything matched on the Gophers upper surfaces! Straight up is factory of course.

Click image for larger version Name:	F0404121-13A6-4615-AFA8-9D0E1F6E7DE1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	184908 Click image for larger version

Name:	05532EBE-1D9A-41F3-9D47-3379B5F4B0FE.jpeg
Views:	875
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	184910
                            That was painfully obvious and took no more than 5 seconds to adjust.

Great finish work by the way!

Comment

• Finally got some time to work on the Bubble Top (which means I didn't go flying, even though we had beautiful weather). Got the fuel lines installed in the radial (but nothing like Brandon's), did some work on the cowl flaps (again, nothing as nice as Brandon, mine is comparably half as.ed). Installed the sound system, did some painting (to coincide with St. Paddy's Day-guess a little too much drinking last night:Silly:) and graphics and set "Clint Walker" Warbirds pilot in without chopping his balls off-just need to figure out how to secure him in. Still need to finish up the mods on the Robart 3.5" wheels, finish tying Clint in (did remove his parachute-hey, if he's going to crash it, I don't want him bailing out before he goes in-maybe it will give him more of an incentive to fly better) and paint the whole plane with Spar Varnish (probably use the Satin finish). Hopefully be finished by next week then off to the field! :Whew::corsair:Cool:

I have to say, FL is getting excellent at putting out planes that go together and come apart for transport quickly, this is the best yet and the wires are extremely well organized. It assembles in 2 minutes or less, which means more flight time, less putting it together aggravation. And the quality of the foam is the best I've seen!!! Keep 'em coming!

Below is a quick video of the sound system and Clint.

https://youtu.be/r4DPjE9gaNc

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Looks and sounds great! LOVE the head-turning pilot! It's serendipitous that it is St. Patty's Day today as I am green with envy! ;)
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hi, I keep checking YouTube to see if Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike have posted their successful maiden flight after I watched Pilot Ryan crash his Flightline Corsair on what would have been its maiden flight.

Pilot Ryan immediately made it clear that he was at fault and that somehow the ailerons got reversed. It is refreshing, but still sad nevertheless, to see something like that crash of such a great looking rc plane, especially on its maiden flight.

Comment

• QUOTE=Hugh Wiedman; Still need to finish up the mods on the Robart 3.5" wheels,

https://youtu.be/r4DPjE9gaNc

[/QUOTE]

Hugh,
                                    im going to do the Robart 3.5 inch wheel mod, too. :Confused:What “issues” are you dealing with?

Thanks for the heads up!
                                    toA
                                    :Cool:

Comment

• HW, very nice work. How does the noise machine sound in yours ? Just added the Robarts to mine, buttoned her up and have flap/retract in wrong pin outs —— apart she comes again !

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                                        HW, very nice work. How does the noise machine sound in yours ? Just added the Robarts to mine, buttoned her up and have flap/retract in wrong pin outs —— apart she comes again !
                                        Sounds great, currently using the Double Wasp without automatic whistle (it's a little inconsistent when it is activated and increases the heat on the board and TT-25's- so for now, leaving it off, but use it in my 1700mm P-51 and love it). To hear the sound, go to the You Tube video I posted-the link is on my post at #2154. :Cool:
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                          Pitot Tube solved! Made a minor mod to an FMS 2000 DHC2 Pitot, painted it and glued in place. Life is good!:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_37045.jpg
Views:	1181
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	184513
                                          I'm an idiot! :Silly: Spent way too much time on this damn pitot tube BUT I think I figured out why it didn't come with one in the beginning! It lasted about 5 minutes.....I broke it off loading the wings in my SUV. LOLLOLLOL I'll try to shorten it and push it deeper in the wing to firm it up but if it snaps again that's it, damn the scale police...... I'll DAP the hole and paint it. :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X