• Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=MikeT;n184382]

Click image for larger version

Name:	22366663_10208192274359587_7081832790696846142_n.jpg
Views:	1127
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	184383

Yeah, acrylics, iron on coverings, ARFs and EPO foam...
    Who knew.
    :Crying:;)

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Name:	22366663_10208192274359587_7081832790696846142_n.jpg
Views:	1127
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	184383

Mike
      I shore feel funny cause that was just down right funny:Cool:LOL
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• "Joy of model glue". I grew up working in my parents corner store. There were kids (not just in the neighborhood but from elsewhere) who bought (or stole) all the glue we had in stock at the time. We had to hide it behind the counter, along with all the vanilla extract and rubbing alcohol. In retrospect, "kids" these days get into far worse stuff - stuff that can easily kill them or lead to shoving really bad stuff up their noses.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          "Joy of model glue". I grew up working in my parents corner store. There were kids (not just in the neighborhood but from elsewhere) who bought (or stole) all the glue we had in stock at the time. We had to hide it behind the counter, along with all the vanilla extract and rubbing alcohol. In retrospect, "kids" these days get into far worse stuff - stuff that can easily kill them or lead to shoving really bad stuff up their noses.
          Yep! True, True - Testers is probably the reason I sound like I'm from Arkansas? Sorry Arkansans. LOLLOL

Comment

• Anyone remember the name of model glue used back in the 80's? IIRC it was just about the only thing available and had a faint citrus smell. Was in little metal toothpaste tubes with a screw on cap, I think.

EDIT: It might have been testors model cement

Comment

• Those of you who used the Robart replacement scale wheels (3.5-3.75in) did you cut the axel to make it shorter or add a bushing? it seems too long ?

Comment

• Added the missing half round back rest parts not molded on the 3d parts set for the "D" version

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190313_202940.jpg Views:	9 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	184427Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20190313_184825_6506.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	104.9 KB ID:	184428Click image for larger version  Name:	20190313_184802.jpg Views:	8 Size:	118.7 KB ID:	184429Also added an oxygen mask to the pilot, he didn't come with one
                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Opening canopy on the bird cage version Click image for larger version

Name:	20190313_193612.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	184431Click image for larger version

Name:	20190313_193514.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	184432
                  Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post
                    Those of you who used the Robart replacement scale wheels (3.5-3.75in) did you cut the axel to make it shorter or add a bushing? it seems too long ?
                    Page 47, post #934

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                      Added the missing half round back rest parts not molded on the 3d parts set for the "D" version

Click image for larger version Name:	20190313_202940.jpg Views:	9 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	184427Click image for larger version Name:	Resized_20190313_184825_6506.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	104.9 KB ID:	184428Click image for larger version Name:	20190313_184802.jpg Views:	8 Size:	118.7 KB ID:	184429Also added an oxygen mask to the pilot, he didn't come with one
                      Smoking a big ol' stogie, too. I like it! Although doing that with a working oxygen mask could be interesting!
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Those of you who used the Robart replacement scale wheels (3.5-3.75in) did you cut the axel to make it shorter or add a bushing? it seems too long ?
                        I added a bushing but did need to trim the well a little (very little)

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                          Hey Todd, something you said about looking over the damage caught my attention. Whenever I have a crash that's bad I have to leave it alone for a day or two sometimes and kind of get over it a little first before assessing the damage and thinking about repairs. I'm guessing that's what you did with the bent wing bird....just wanted to acknowledge the feeling my friend.
                          Yep, if it's a model I am really loving and one of my favorites and a crash happens I am too sad/angry/frustrated to look it over until at least a day or two has gone by...Sometimes much, much longer. I bet it's a common thing we RC pilots go through. Mini-grief!

My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Love the stogie and sliding canopy Brandon! :Cool:
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Hi: I am also in the same boat. I don't have a 3D printer or access to one, but would like to purchase the printed cockpit parts for the F4U-1D bubbletop Flightline Corsair that I just got. If anyone is interested in doing this project for me, we can discuss what you would charge and other details. Thanks!
                              I have a friend that did mine, I gave him $20. Parts came out great, you just need to send him the updates .STL files on the flightline website as he printed me the older ones before the updated versions were released. PM me if you want his info.

This goes for anyone else. i'll ask him for his personal email and post it here so others may inquire

Comment

I used a vinyl bushing from homedepot in addition to the bushing that came stock with the original wheel. I'll get a pic for you if you like.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	565BD6E5-E1DE-4A42-92A5-4892E8A91CF1.jpeg
Views:	834
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	184511 Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                  I know, it's always that "One more flight" that gets you!!

Thanks folks...I will take a look at the carnage tomorrow or in a couple days. Just sick about it right now even though it's not a total loss. The plane itself is fine...Just can't believe I stalled her 2 seconds before landing.

I made sure to perform my low altitude stall when the most people watching would see it - at the Winter Warbirds Event, yup you guessed it - the words “...1 more flight” were involved. I know crxmanpat saw it.
                                  brought my T-6 in a bit slow, even after much practice the week before at greasing the landings, and about a foot off the runway I saw the wing drop....
                                  face palm, but I was able to taxi it back with no damage.
                                  Right in front of 89 some of the best RC pilots in 3 states.
                                  Hope she and you are back in the air soon.

Comment

• Pitot Tube solved! Made a minor mod to an FMS 2000 DHC2 Pitot, painted it and glued in place. Life is good!:Cool:

Name:	image_37045.jpg
Views:	1188
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	184513

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                                      I made sure to perform my low altitude stall when the most people watching would see it - at the Winter Warbirds Event, yup you guessed it - the words “...1 more flight” were involved. I know crxmanpat saw it. brought my T-6 in a bit slow, even after much practice the week before at greasing the landings, and about a foot off the runway I saw the wing drop....face palm, but I was able to taxi it back with no damage. Right in front of 89 some of the best RC pilots in 3 states. Hope she and you are back in the air soon.
                                      Thanks, yeah I think we've all been there one time or several others. ;)

The hobby can easily trick you into complacency. Sometimes we think "we got this" and can get a bit lazy on the sticks, at least I know I can. Crashes or stalls are a great reminder that your full attention and focus is vital from start to finish. Complacency can end up in foam pieces and ordering new parts in a hurry!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                        Pitot Tube solved! Made a minor mod to an FMS 2000 DHC2 Pitot, painted it and glued in place. Life is good!:Cool:

Name:	image_37045.jpg
Views:	1188
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	184513
                                        Grover Love the Robart's, Looking forward to installing mine! :-)
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Grover Love the Robart's, Looking forward to installing mine! :-)
                                          Thanks - Still need to paint the rims but that's on my to-do list.

Comment

Working...
                                          X