Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest/Worst/Most Impactful "No Call" in the era of 'instant replay'. Congrats to Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes, however, today I cheer for the Rams, but if betting real monies, Pats. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Mine ready for maiden for a week now, weather hold. Pretty much stock, may detail it later after it has a season of dings and dents.

Comment

• Hey, "scale police" here (haha). Before any of you guys go nuts painting the wheel wells zinc chromate, according to expert author Dana Bell, wheel wells were generally finished with light gray or (later) flat white. This is from his birdcage vol. 1, so I figure the "(later) flat white" refers to F4U-1D's (blown or bubble canopy). He also says that "Dull Dark Green" was the finish coat for early Birdcage cockpits (and not the bright zinc chromate we've come to expect).

His book on just the "birdcage" Corsair, by the way, is "Aircraft Pictorial 7 - F4U-1 Corsair Vol.1" and is a great reference source! There's a vol. 2 on the F4U-1D as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dcheli View Post
          Mine ready for maiden for a week now, weather hold. Pretty much stock, may detail it later after it has a season of dings and dents.
          D, Welcome to "The Squawk" and your Corsair is BEE_UTE_TEE_FULL. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

You're in my neck of the woods! We should get together and fly our Corsairs sometime in the Spring or Summer!
            I'm in! I usually fly at my home field MRC (Marymoor RC) but I'll go anywhere.LOLLOL

Comment

• Marymoor isn't a long drive for me...I could always swing up there some time...Just need a buddy pass for the day. ;)
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Marymoor isn't a long drive for me...I could always swing up there some time...Just need a buddy pass for the day. ;)
                You got it! Buddy Pass anytime. Where do you typically fly?

Comment

• I usually fly at the local junior high school not far from my house in Maple Valley. I used to be a club member at Lake Sawyer Hawks but their field is too small for my liking.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Mine ready for maiden for a week now, weather hold. Pretty much stock, may detail it later after it has a season of dings and dents.
                    Welcome to the squawk Dcheli. Yet another Washingtonian. That makes four and counting.:Cool:

Comment

Howdy!!! Corsair is looking good!! Great luck on your maiden! Glad you are here Bro!!! Happy Sunday!! Jerry

Comment

• Looks like we have a bunch waiting on their maiden, looking forward to seeing some of the videos from you young'uns. We have a week of 75 degree plus days coming up so mine WILL see her maiden this week, taxi test in the street is complete.

Comment

• You guys waiting on your maidens will absolutely love her. Flies as good as she looks.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by hellcat716 View Post
                            I calibrated my throttle and with the trim almost all the way downl I need about 1/4 throttle to get the motor to turn. I can run the trim all the way up without the motor turning. I have never had this problem before. Do you think I have a faulty ESC ? Any help appreciated.
                            Did you you do your initial calibration with the throttle all the way up then connect your battery you should hear 6 beeps then immediately bring the throttle down?

Comment

• F4-U just finished up and RTF also...here in SW Arizona, its mid 70's and blue sky right now, so i'm looking for some first flights very soon

Comment

• SW Arizona? Where? I'm thinking of moving to Oro Valley but there aren't many fields there that are close.

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

Did you you do your initial calibration with the throttle all the way up then connect your battery you should hear 6 beeps then immediately bring the throttle down?
                                  Yes I did. The only plane that I have had this problem. Usually I can run the trim up and the motor will start, but this one will not do that for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellcat716 View Post

Yes I did. The only plane that I have had this problem. Usually I can run the trim up and the motor will start, but this one will not do that for some reason.
                                    Just so everyone is on the same sheet of music, the ESC manual... https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...iles/fwesc.pdf

I have also had this same problem on some speed controllers.
                                    Ive noticed if I deviate from the procedure and turn the transmitter on, keep the throttle off, run the throttle trim down all the way, then go full throttle, plug in the aircraft battery, hear TWO beeps, pull the throttle down, then hear the standard initiation beeps, my throttle becomes more sensitive at the lower end. If you ever hear more than TWO beeps, your now in program mode.

I indeed set this speed controller as stated above and have perfect low end initial start up. With the throttle off, 22 clicks of up on the throttle and the prop rotates. That’s not quite 1/4 of the way up from the bottom of the throttle trim. With the trim nearly bottomed out I have fairly instant prop rotation on the stick.

In the picture, just using throttle trim alone, this is where my prop begins to rotate. Hope this works for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	88CFEEE8-A3BD-426C-9669-65B429114176.jpeg
Views:	637
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	176421

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

2 beeps...then drop to zero.
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

Ive noticed if I deviate from the procedure and turn the transmitter on, keep the throttle off, run the throttle trim down all the way, then go full throttle, plug in the aircraft battery, hear TWO beeps, pull the throttle down, then hear the standard initiation beeps, my throttle becomes more sensitive at the lower end. If you ever hear more than TWO beeps, your now in program mode.
                                        SPOT ON Ol-Timer ;)
                                        Basically what I said almost 200 posts ago but I guess we can never get everyone on the same page at the same time :Smug:
                                        That is one thing I've noticed over time on the forums, the search mechanics aren't utilized enough before questions are asked.:Straight-Face:
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• You ask for too much Charlie!! LOL Why should you remember important stuff when you can just ask??? LOL Really, helping is good, but sometimes you are just like :Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinking:

Comment

Working...
                                          X