Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But to be honest, sometimes the search engine has done squat for me. Not always, but sometimes....

Comment

• Hope you had a great Sunday Bro!!! We are truly blessed with all the great guys and gals here on the Squawk and in our hobby!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

I'm in! I usually fly at my home field MRC (Marymoor RC) but I'll go anywhere.LOLLOL
        I have flown at the MRC filed during the Helicopter fly-ins back in the 1990s really nice field and great guys up your way. I remember mainly grass with small pavement strip. Sorry to far from SO Oregon to join you guys :)

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

I have flown at the MRC filed during the Helicopter fly-ins back in the 1990s really nice field and great guys up your way. I remember mainly grass with small pavement strip. Sorry to far from SO Oregon to join you guys :)

Rich
          No problem. Don't have a paved strip but our grass runway is 120' X 380' and is impeccable even in winter. Overall air space is 600' X 1800'. https://www.mar-c.org/ Come Join Us!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Rich
            Hey Rich...I'm in So. Oregon too! PM me and let's talk! Rob

Comment

• I got to fly my Corsair some more over the weekend. I'm really getting comfortable with it now. Sweet flyer with no bad habits that I could find. I love how it handles during landing, very smooth and predictable. I'm still going to do some more weathering, hopefully without overdoing it. I did make the switch to Robert 3.5" wheels and like the look better than the stock ones. I'm so glad that Motion matched the motor Kv for use with the 18" prop, makes all the difference in overall looks.

Mike H

Comment

• HF, Your weathering is great and by all the pictures I've been researching, there really is no such thing as an over-weathered Pacific Theatre Corsairs. :Smug: Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I'm guessing Marymoor Field is closed for a while so no Maiden anytime soon! LOLLOLLOL 5" of snow here in Seattle is very strange! I guess I'll now have time to work out the programming bugs.

Comment

I'm guessing Marymoor Field is closed for a while so no Maiden anytime soon! LOLLOLLOL 5" of snow here in Seattle is very strange! I guess I'll now have time to work out the programming bugs.
                    G, it's not strange, it's the weather. My Grandad always said, 'If you don't like the weather here in Kansas, wait an hour." LOL Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Have had some great graphic requests for this new bird! Here are a few we posted today. Also, a huge thanks to Steve for sending me an instrument panel to use as a template for the 3D printed panel!

Thanks guys!
                      Callie

Click image for larger version

Name:	IP.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	176577Click image for larger version

Name:	CORSAIR DANGEROUS DAN EIGHT BALL.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	176578Click image for larger version

Name:	CORSAIR GUS'S GOPHER.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	176579Click image for larger version

Name:	corsair vf-53 bob pond.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	176576Click image for larger version

Name:	corsair GRAND SLAM.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	176575Click image for larger version

Name:	corsair marines dream WWII.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	176574

Comment

SW Arizona? Where? I'm thinking of moving to Oro Valley but there aren't many fields there that are close.
                        Hi Grover, we're from Central Oregon, and I fly with the Cascade Flyers in Sisters, ...we're snowbirding in Quartzsite, Arizona now, and getting in some good winter flying here in the desert, and a chance to shake out the new projects....our Sisters club is centrally located for a Spring Corsair / Warbird gathering...good grass strip, great views.

Comment

• Callie, Both an honor & a privilege for sure. We have a great community here IMHO, and your skill set, enthusiasm, and graphics are a major force. Respectfully, Steve (LB)
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by fastphil View Post

Hi Grover, we're from Central Oregon, and I fly with the Cascade Flyers in Sisters, ...we're snowbirding in Quartzsite, Arizona now, and getting in some good winter flying here in the desert, and a chance to shake out the new projects....our Sisters club is centrally located for a Spring Corsair / Warbird gathering...good grass strip, great views.
                            Sorry FastPhil - I'm not tracking you. Are you saying the club in AZ you fly with is Cascade Flyers in Sister's? Are your speaking of "Three Sister's". I may be misunderstanding you but I don't see a Cascade Flyers in AZ. There's Catalina Flyers club near Tucson. Excited to hear there's a grass field in AZLOL

Comment

• Hey Grover54, And thank you, Sir, for the initial assist with Callie Graphics. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiflyer View Post
                                I got to fly my Corsair some more over the weekend. I'm really getting comfortable with it now. Sweet flyer with no bad habits that I could find. I love how it handles during landing, very smooth and predictable. I'm still going to do some more weathering, hopefully without overdoing it. I did make the switch to Robert 3.5" wheels and like the look better than the stock ones. I'm so glad that Motion matched the motor Kv for use with the 18" prop, makes all the difference in overall looks.

Mike H
                                Wow HF, it looks awesome! Keep up the great work. From what I can see, I agree with you and the other fellas who have gone the Robart wheels, they look so good on this airplane.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Callie Graphics View Post
                                  Have had some great graphic requests for this new bird! Here are a few we posted today. Also, a huge thanks to Steve for sending me an instrument panel to use as a template for the 3D printed panel!

Thanks guys!
                                  Callie
                                  Thanks Callie! You're the best!
                                  BB

Comment

No problem. Don't have a paved strip but our grass runway is 120' X 380' and is impeccable even in winter. Overall air space is 600' X 1800'. https://www.mar-c.org/ Come Join Us!
                                    I remember it was a great time and the club that was hosting the event were awesome. I remember you had some helicopter pads on each side of the field too.

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Hey Rich...I'm in So. Oregon too! PM me and let's talk! Rob
                                      Hi Rob,
                                      Did you get the Corsair 1A? its a small world.... are you a member of the Rogue Eagles? I will send you a message.
                                      Rich

Comment

• You mean that Tower or Horizon no longer has trim tape of some kind ? I, fortunately, bought many colors of Solatrim sheets years ago so just cut my own stripes. Does Monokote still have their sticky back trim sheets ? Sorry not more help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee
                                          Hey Gang, GeneraI question but this forum is super active so...I am looking for a substitute for the old-time Carl Goldberg Striping Tape...1/16th in colors. Not having much luck finding an equivalent with MRC, Amazon or the usual suspects. What is everyone using these days? Best, LB
                                          I ran into this awhile ago. I raided my O'Reilly Auto Parts and found some in the "pin-striping" section.

Hangar 9 "Horizon" has some.

Here's some links that may help.
                                          http://www.vinylstriping.com/?gclid=...iAAEgJAwPD_BwE

https://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSea...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

Working...
                                          X